It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW! Dragon Skin eBay vest under investigation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Check this out!

KSEE 24 News Exclusive Report

www.ksee24.com...
“Dragon Skin” body armor still isn't approved for use by U.S. troops, but a man in Boston got his hands on one vest, thanks to the on-line shopping site: eBay.

Tonight: the government wants that piece of Fresno made body armor back.

When we brought this story to you in February, the U.S. government denied any federal investigation was underway and that any and all tested body armor had been accounted for.

Now, what we assumed back then may be true today.

Evidence shows: a federal investigation tracing that piece of “Dragon Skin” was underway.

"I decided I was also gonna do a nine month tour, started shopping for the normal equipment, a satellite phone, a tough book, and of course body armor,” said Richard Warren.

Leading him to the online marketplace eBay.

That's where Boston resident Richard Warren says he purchased his "Dragon Skin" body armor from a man by the name of David Bronson, who according to Warren had served two tours in Iraq with the United States Army.

Click here for the full story

[edit on 3-5-2008 by jl982]

[edit on 3-5-2008 by jl982]

[edit: added required external source tags and clipped quoted content]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
ALSO:

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Very interesting news, thanks for posting this find. Will belooking forward to seeing any developments that come about on the story. I wonder if any follow ups will be done, or if they plan on letting this slip away.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I'm sure this will be followed up. This is the same station that aired the first story on the "Dragon Skin" Vest for sale on eBay.

The video link is great! I can't beleive this.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I watched the Future Weapons episode where they shot the crap out of a vest, then blew it up with a frag grenade. It barely blew of a few layers. That was after minimal damage from varied calibers, the fragmentation didnt even penetrate the inner most lining of the front.

The video fo that is awsome, I suggest watching if havn't seen it.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Obviously this Vest of Dragon Skin is +200 bad luck.

no question about it.

-

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You would think that equipment like that would have been chipped!

Hell, people put trackers on their bikes nowadays.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It said that the FBI is coming to pick that thing up. Yep. I'd say that it's pretty important.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
at a slight tangent :

one has to question the sanity of a bloke who buys such a vest off EBAY of all places - with such shoddy provenance - and actually expected to use it

what recourse did he [ or more likley his surviving next of kin ] hope to receive if it had failed in the feild ?

top topics

join