It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astarte: Goddess of prostitution, war or fat women?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Will someone with knowledge of this deity fill me in. How did a Sumerian goddess of fertility become associated with prostitution, war and fat women?

Baal was her consort. Is this a recent and modern interpretation or did someone change history just recently?

This seems to be a common christian theme when a belief gains traction against an all-male deity christian beliefs. I thought this practice died out in the middle ages?

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Isthistaken]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Isthistaken

ancient pagan religion was always in flux. deities often changed specialty over time and sometimes just by locality.

a deity may start out as a mountain god and then end up taking the role of monotheistic singular deity within such ancient religions

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Actually the message was not about Astarte or any "ancient" pagan beliefs. It was not my intention to go "nu-clear" either, as quoted from daddy abu.

This charade is over. I made my point loud and clear. History is mostly bull-shiiiiite.

Easily manipulated towards one's agenda with enough money and power. What is the straight story anyways. Will truth ever prevail?

I could have used any deities and played a guessing game.

Someone caught way early in the game. Nice catch!!!

new topics

join