It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Palm - Worlds Largest Man Made Islands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Have you guys seen this place It is gonna be sweet when its done (not an advertisement)..

The Palm Islands, also referred to as The Palm, are the world's two largest man-made islands, which are being built on the cost of the emirate of Dubai, in the UAE (United Arab Emirates). The idea was first announced in May 2002 and the two freehold palm tree-shaped resort islands are expected to maintain Dubai's position as a premium tourist destination. The project is being handled by Al Nakheel Properties, which will increase Dubai's shoreline by 120km and create a large number of residential, leisure and entertainment areas. The Palm Islands has also be named 'The Eighth Wonder of the World'.

Check it out!

Link
www.theemiratesnetwork.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow, that's pretty neat. I hope they account for tides and what-not looking at some of the structure designs.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
what if theyre islands drifted away?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I remember reading about this in a supplemental pamphlet the UAE put into the NY times. Pretty amazing stuff. I believe there was also plans to have one that when viewed from above would look like the whole globe. Creative people...

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
in.news.yahoo.com...

That was the only real mention I could find of that project. Wish i hadn't thrown out the ad.

It's being developed by a company called Nakheel.

Edited to add this picture i found online of it.

[Edited on 2-29-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Now thats a place I'd like to visit some day. Really awesome they are doing something like this, I think it's worthy of the title 8th wonder of the world.

new topics

top topics

join