It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polls: Less-educated whites hurt Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

A CLINTON ADVANTAGE OVER OBAMA IN NOVEMBER, THOUGH MCCAIN DOES BEST OF ALL

According to an Associated Press-Yahoo News poll in April, the certain Republican presidential nominee John McCain would get more votes than Hillary Rodham Clinton from white voters who have not finished college, 43 percent to 30 percent. Barack Obama would do even worse than Clinton, trailing McCain with this group 44 percent to 22 percent. McCain has a 23-percentage point lead against Clinton among whites who have graduated college, but just an eight-point margin over Obama with that group.

DEMOCRATIC CONTEST TAKES ITS TOLL

Obama was viewed unfavorably in April by 53 percent of whites without college degrees, up from 41 percent in November's AP-Yahoo poll. Clinton's negative ratings with that group have not really changed, but have not gotten better, either. Fifty-seven percent of these voters had unfavorable views of Clinton in November, and 55 percent did in April. McCain's negative views from them sat at 32 percent both months.

HOW RACE AND EDUCATION AFFECT THE RACE

Exit polls of voters in last month's Pennsylvania Democratic primary show the impact of racial attitudes. Forty-seven percent of whites without college degrees who said race was an important factor in choosing a candidate said they would vote for Obama in an Obama-McCain matchup, with 29 percent saying they would back McCain and 20 percent saying they would not vote. Obama gets the votes of 62 percent of whites who have not finished college who said race was not a factor.

Among white college graduates, 69 percent who said race is a factor said they would vote for Obama. Eighty-one percent who said race is not important would back him.

Continued..

Full Story

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Personally, I dislike the "Limousine Lefties" colleges tend to indoctri - I mean, "enlighten".

Yes, the same Limousine Lefties who preach the joys of "multi-culturalism", and "diversity", yet as soon as "hispanics" or blacks start moving into the lily-white suburb, they flee for - say - whiter pastures?

Forty-seven percent of whites without college degrees who said race was an important factor in choosing a candidate said they would vote for Obama in an Obama-McCain matchup

Compared to:

with 29 percent saying they would back McCain

I thought the U.S. elections were supposed to be "colour-blind"?
Or is voting by race allowed if you are black, or a white person voting for a black candidate?

Really, am I the only one here that sees these pitiful attempts at painting whites, especially white males, who do not vote for Obama as either "racist" or "uneducated" as pathetic as they are?

new topics

join