It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Hails Bush As New Age Messiah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

And furthermore, at no time did Dick Cheney refer to GW Bush as the messiah.

There is not one shard of truth in that article, except that Cheney gave a speech commending the president for his actions during the war on terror.

You could at least choose articles that state the facts, the complete facts, and nothing but the facts and then add your twisted interpretations to them.

I am often in disagreement with our government, but I try to exercise some scruples in my dissent.

I am not a smear merchant nor do I seek their work to make my case.

[edit on 2008/5/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This is what the president said in part:

Our mission continues. Al-Qaida is wounded, not destroyed. The scattered cells of the terrorist network still operate in many nations, and we know from daily intelligence that they continue to plot against free people. The proliferation of deadly weapons remains a serious danger. The enemies of freedom are not idle, and neither are we. Our government has taken unprecedented measures to defend the homeland — and we will continue to hunt down the enemy before he can strike.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
OP --

So you are basically appalled by the fact that this administration made the simple and innocuous statements:

"When the history is written, it will be said this is a safer country and more hopeful world because George Bush was president."

and

"Our strategy is the right strategy. The only way we can lose is to quit."

While I don't necessarily agree with Cheney's statements, I see nothing at all wrong with an outgoing administration saying something such as this -- every presidential administration has tried to put a positive spin on the long-term effects of their policies, and to say that they will "create a positive legacy". This statement seems to be the standard rhetoric heard from a president at the end of his last term. It's not at all appalling. Also, consider his audience -- he made that statement to a meeting of Republicans.

I don't see anywhere that Cheney said (or even implied) anything about Bush being a "New Age Messiah", and quite frankly I think you and the writer of this article are over-reacting to Cheney's comments. It seems in your zeal to hate this president, you have lost your objectivity.

I'm not a supporter of all of George Bush's policies either, but I think it's a complete over-reaction to say that Cheney wants people to perceive the President as any kind of "Messiah". I didn't get that feeling at all from this Cheney's statements as reported by the author of this article.

[edit on 5/3/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

[edit on 5/3/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You have your opinion, I have mine. I see these bozos constantly blow-harding the audiences into their own twisted views and take on reality, and this "He has made us all safer" nonsense does paint him as some sort of savior in my view, when in reality he has done the opposite-he has increased hatred for us exponentially.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yeah, but my point is that this story isn't really "Breaking Alternative News".

There's no news here -- alternative or otherwise -- just political opinion. I don't see how this article contributes anything new to an old political discussion.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Umm, he just gave this propaganda-filled speech YESTERDAY, and guess what---This disastrous war, and people's opposition to it---are one of the BIGGEST ISSUES facing this country RIGHT NOW. So while he's STILL DEFENDING it and his minion GW, while the rest of the country is up and arms and being ignored--IT DOES HAVE SIGNIFIGANCE to what is important right now.

We have lost our voice as a nation, and apparently these people have not...Something is very wrong with this picture buddy

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I came here to see "Cheney Hail Bush As New Age Messiah". Plucky is mad!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is of course because Dich Cheney is getting a paycheck somewhere just as well as George W Bush because everyone with a thrid-grade education understands that war means money to a politician. It's either through a direct payment or promise of a job after leaving office. I'm going to link this thread I've posted in here because it is direct relation to this story in a sense because of how the money is being paid out to Blackwater.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

Dick Cheney was once the Secretary of Defense and commisioned a study from Halliburton, which he later became a leader of, on how to quickly privatize the military beauracracy. This is a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch your back" situation for all parties concerned. Of course Dick Cheney is going to praise George W Bush, he assisted in both of them making money all the way around.

This is all spelled out in black and white in that link to My thread about the book about Blackwater. The book about Blackwater goes in depth with names and dated and faces linked to the whole entire enchilada. No, I am not forming an opinion on one book here either I am only referencing one book at the moment and if you've read any of My other threads here you will see I find My facts and stand behind them like any good detective would do.

Research the facts, from multiple sources, find the names, and attempt to remain as neutral as possible. Trust Me I am being neutral here as I used to be an extreme right-wing conservative. I am equally mixed between liberal and conservative now.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the link to press tv on the Cheney speech. I think the more telling of that site was the photograph of V.P.Cheney and his mouth. It looks so...well, evil. He didn't look that way 20 years ago when he was affable looking man. I keep getting this almost sick feeling that he'll still be our V.P. next year at this time. Keep praying that I'm wrong.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Cheney is gay for bush.

JK

Your going to endorse your sponsor or boss to make him happy. This is not surprising to me.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Ugh. . .I can't believe that we ever allowed someone with such a black/white view of the world get into the executive office of the White House. Cheney has absolutely no tact. He's even said that what the people want is irrelevant. We're supposed to just trust the administration. But why would we trust anyone who has lied to us repeatedly?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
George is a New Age Messiah...If you don't believe me you can " Go F*ck Yourself" for all I care.

I wish Dick had uttered the words. I already fell out of my chair...

New Age Messiah

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I agree with you here. I read the whole article and no where does it say that. So I'm wondering why this is under Breaking News. It's a lie and a load of crap and very misleading!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So what is supposed to happen? Try them as war criminals?

Where is the provable action on the part of the democratic bent to prevent or rectify these gross errors? Further, where have B. Hussein Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton DONE anything to remove the unjust laws and codes that these two men have put into action? Why are procedings not taking place in the Supreme Court?

I said to a family member in '04 after I was discharged from the military that histories account of Bush II will be one of a great man of wisdom and who had the right actions ready when we needed things resolved (not exactly what I said but close enough for discussion). No doubt he will be remembered as a Roosevelt (FDR) or Reagan who were WHORRIBLE presidents that most folks seem to think were astute statesmen and were just about infallible.

As to embellishing the part about being a messiah...I recall that Bush II did say that God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan (or something like that, heh). You see people! GOD TALKS TO HIM! AND NOT US! What the heck do WE know about anything when we aren't even good enough people to have a fallicious fairytale speak to us!? INSIDE OUR BRAINS!!!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Not that I support Bush and Cheney anymore but do you really support Iran in this over the U.S. ? I think if all of us here really knew what the President knew then you would not question his stance on Iran. Don't forget that many countries that did not support us going into Iraq did believe that Saddam did have WMDs.

Any support for the Iranian government is borderline criminal.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well I would hardly call Bush a messiah in the full meaning of this word. Messiah means "The Anointed (One)", typically someone anointed with holy anointing oil. Or "The Chosen One", particularly someone divinely chosen. Which I hardly doubt, that Bush has been divinely chosen for this task. If he was chosen, he was chosen by the corporate elite of America and the rest of the world, who wanted to create a new conflict to ensure further spending in the military sector. After all, the cold war is over and the free world definetly needs new enemies for the population to fear. In any case, regarding the statement by mister Cheney that the world is safer - well, he might want to check downtown Baghdad for safety.

For the record, Bush has spoken these words on the USS Lincoln:

Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed. And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country.

To me it does look like the speach you give at the end of the war. Looks like the battle for Iraq is over and the allies have won. Why are they not pulling out then? Why have more people died since that speach, then during the occupation/invasion/liberation (whatever you want to call it)? How come the real recounstruction has not even begun yet? How come there is no real security on the streets of Baghdad or any other city in Iraq? To me it looks like the battle for Iraq has not even begun yet. The only end is the end of the beginning.

But for mister Cheney I am sure he must be the chosen one, to be anointed with a lot of money and profits, since he carried out the task very well.

[edit on 4/5/08 by Souljah]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

That is very lulz-worthy for sure. Nowhere does Cheney say anything about Bush being a "new age messiah." A little spin from the editors perhaps? This is an Iranian site, btw, so of course it is completely unbiased and fairminded. *sarcasm*

I love the poll question, it is more twisted than a Scientology questionarie...

QUICK VOTE
Why has the US stepped up its propaganda against Iran particularly about Iran's role in Iraq?
A) To wage a psywar against Iran
B) To prepare the ground for an Iran war
C) To cover up US failures in Iraq

I propose an additional choice: D) Because Iran is supplying weapons and manpower to insurgent forces in Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join