It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Hails Bush As New Age Messiah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Cheney Hails Bush As New Age Messiah

www.presstv.ir

"When the history is written, it will be said this is a safer country and more hopeful world because George Bush was president," Cheney said in a Friday gathering of Okalahoma Republicans.

The US vice president assured the crowd that Washington's war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan is headed in the right direction.

"Our strategy is the right strategy. The only way we can lose is to quit," he opined.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Why is it that every time I listen to Insaney or The Decider give one of these inane speeches, I feel like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole into Never-Never Land? These guys sputter off some of the most ridiculous, alternate-reality type of stuff, almost like if they just keep repeating the same BS enough, that people will be bludgeoned into believing it.

These guys have INCREASED the danger and potential terrorist threat 100 FOLD with their endless aggression and occupations, and murdering tens of thousands of inocent civilians.

And the worst part is, they're not done yet---They are furiously trying to ram-rod through Iran before their tenure is up.

Scary.

Cheney is widely seen as the mastermind behind the Bush administration's effort to gain sweeping chief executive powers, thus allowing Washington to use the excuse of the war on terror to commit crimes against humanity.

The US vice president was attempting to tactfully respond to recent media mockery of President George W. Bush's 'Mission Accomplished' speech aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier on May 1, 2003, in which the White House leader had suggested that the Iraq war was over.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You think this Iranian source might be embellishing Cheney's words just a bit? Nothing he said comes anywhere close to calling Bush a 'new age messiah'.

So Cheney praises Bush and his policies. You may not agree with them, but I ask you, what do you expect him to say? That they've been an abject failure and that Bush should be impeached tomorrow? Of course not. Predictably, he's going to paint it all in the best light possible.

I doubt that either one of them want to be remembered for their mistakes in office and to that end, neither of them are going to go out of their way to highlight those mistakes.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Making unctuous, glorifying speeches about the guy who put you in the VP's office has been, with goodwill visits to unimportant countries, the entirety of the vice president's traditional job.

Don't bash him for finally doing for once what he's supposed to be doing; it's all his extracurricular activities that we all should be worried about.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

This IS the problem---Neither of these maniacs can admit they made a HORRIBLE mistake. Instead they keep repeating the same inane mumbo-jumbo, over and over again, "It's the right decision, It's the right decision"---And in the meantime, more and more people are being killed and mutilated while they continue to force THEIR views and agendas (which almost the entire rest of the world disagrees with, including most americans) down everyone's throats.

And by making the preposturous claim that Bush "has made the world a safer and more hopeful place", he is indeed implicating some messiah-like qualities to this madman who is anything but a messiah, but more accurately a megalomaniac.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

They wouldn't be the first ones that failed to admit that their actions were a mistake.

And again, saying that they've made the world a more hopeful place is simply a part of that. You can't honestly expect them to say 'Oops, we screwed up and our actions are causing a massacre in the Middle East'.

I'm not saying that their actions in Iraq are right or wrong, but simply that these statements are nothing more than human nature on their part. Highlight the good, gloss over the bad, and hope people buy it. The stakes are much higher, no doubt, but people from all walks of life do this all the time.

The point being, if you expect Bush or Cheney to give a critical assessment of their administration, you're probably going to have a long wait. Few people ever give a 100% honest accounting of their own actions in a controversial situation.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
New-Age Messiah? WTF? I'm choking over here on what I was drinking. Bush,...no,...nevermind. I won't say it. Just think Mossad and Nazi hunting.

If you think that's funny or odd, read this post on Blackwater I did.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

[edit on 3-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

And those that do are probably the most sane, secure, rock-solid individuals out there.

Even if surrounded by a group of thugs brandishing root beer and baseball bats, only a sane man would tell the truth.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

vor, I like the way you express your points, and I agree with you that these guys probably won't ever admit to their mistakes, but I am saddened to no end that this continued refusal OF that acknowledgement, and the continued "stay the course! stay the course!" crap is creating more and more suffering and death. Sometimes, the biggest man is the one who CAN admit he's made a mistake, and step up and change the course of the mistake. WHO will it be that changes this nightmare? Or will it not be anyone? Will we just keep killing and having our men die for this mistake indefintely? Just because our leaders can't come to grips with their mistakes?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Bush and CVheney did NOT make any real mistakes..they did exactly what the PNAC Neocon Israeli bosses told hom to do. The world is out of control, gas prices tripled, the people have far less rights, the NWO plan is rolling full steam ahead, the congress has been cowed and made totally useless, and the President has all power to ruin this nation and secretly ruin all we have stood for all these years. What is so bad about that to them?

They have succeeded in all they were given to do; start the Middle East wars for oil and teritory, destroyed the Constitution and ruined the middle class as well as opening all borders to advance the Nafta plans for a NAU.

There have been no mistakes...or there would have been charges and prison for the perps...the only mistakes they made are covered up by the media and forgotten by the drones who watch Fox news..unreal.

This nation is going DOWN..and fast. ASll planned, all on purpose. Just like 9-11, it was planned and executed to advance their causes...wealth for a few and destruction for the rest. And, they are going to get away with it...no prison time, no execution, no nothing,,,scot free. So what part of that was a mistake?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you completely. Its usually a measure of character when a person can fully and truthfully admit the biggest mistakes in life. Unfortunately, it has become a measure of character simply because so few people are willing to do it.

I think there's also another consideration here, however, and while we may not agree with the idea, its still valid...

Do they actually believe that they are correct?

I'm not going to argue that question, because the one thing that none of us can ever claim to know is what these people are actually thinking. However, it IS food for thought, as ridiculous as we ourselves may or may not believe it to be.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

No, I actually think you just hit the nail squarely on the head there...I DO think that they believe what they're saying 100%! Which is doubly scary to me, because that means even if 100% of the nation and the rest of the world disagrees with them, they will continue pressing right on with this insanity. And that has been exactly the case--So I think you are absolutely right friend.

Sigh.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

i'm glad there are people like you who can see through the veil.
everything is going exactly as 'they' planned. the yoke of debt slavery has been strengthened, thought-crime has been legislated, reality is whatever 'they' wish to portray it as, etc.

bankrupting america was always part of the plan, as well as spreading the military so thinly, that it becomes weak. next, they will encourage a revolution, which gives them the excuse to start killing americans who won't bend over and take it.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

bankrupting america was always part of the plan, as well as spreading the military so thinly, that it becomes weak. next, they will encourage a revolution, which gives them the excuse to start killing americans who won't bend over and take it.

The seeds of that revolution are already in place, believe it or not.

All they're doing right now is waiting for the right moment to advance to the next stage of their plans - this particular stage began with the beginning of the end of the clinton administration, i believe.

The next stage will most like involve the next political office, as opportunities will arise that are not currently available.

Just because someone holds all the high scoring cards doesn't mean that they will do on the next hand.

Next thing you know, the powers in the hands of someone we really do not want them to have power, like whoever runs blackwater.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I really think that monstrosity of a man (for lack of a better word) is demented, seriously demented.

Iam sure if Bush is the Messiah, Cheney is GOD himself. He'll tell you within a week.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think many have misinterpreted the VPs statement;

"When the history is written, it will be said this is a safer country and more hopeful world because George Bush was president..."

This is not an opinion, it's a command! The history books are being written as we speak, the future veil of their perceived reality is being woven into the educational system right now. How much does it take to distract us from the 'revisionist' part of the plan? They have the media doing it under our very noses, and we have yet to question what out children will be taught.

On the flip side, these zealots are coming up on the very last phase of their 'irrevocable' power plan. Lacking the 'martial law' bogeyman, their only hope is to set the stage for future corporate junta cronies to carry on their work. But as long as those cronies have to spend time addressing what they will quietly downplay as the mistakes of the past, they won't be of use to their masters.

So Chaney calls for the revisions to begin.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You ever thought that there are two realities going on at once? Fair hearts & minds can see the stupidity, however corrupt minds register more sinister details within their scope of reality. ...Or, they are just freaking idiots.

AAC

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As usual, BAN is polluted with web sources that are so biased as to make them laughable if the subject were not so serious.

The crimes against humanity charge is wholly without merit and the comment about the "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Lincoln is utterly false, as if truth were the mission presstv.ir to begin with.

The Mission Accomplished banner was a reference to the mission of the USS Lincoln, which was returning from a ten month deployment, the longest ship deployment since the war in Vietnam.

This article is total garbage and an abuse of Breaking Alternative News.

[edit on 2008/5/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Riiiiight...Anything that opposes your "Bush is a hero" nonsense always seems to "violate" BAN rules according to you.

Listen man, you can keep regurgitating your pro gov, pro-Bush nonsense all you want, but the fact of the matter is these maniacs are DESTROYING this nation, and they HAVE made the world a much more DANGEROUS place through their continual use of force and idiotic agendas.

Fortunately, people have finally awoken and are no longer buying into this garbage that you Bush-lovers keep trying to peddle--And they can't, because his policies are affecting us all.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpottThe Mission Accomplished banner was a reference to the mission of the USS Lincoln, which was returning from a ten month deployment, the longest ship deployment since the war in Vietnam.

[edit on 2008/5/3 by GradyPhilpott]

I wonder why he didn't mention that in his speech aboard ther USS Lincoln?

Actually he said major combat operations have ended.

www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 3-5-2008 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join