It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teddy bear plays tune when I get close to it... A Message from beyond? Freaky...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Alright, so I'm officially freaked out... This has happened about 10 times now over the past several years... You might be thinking what? Why are you freaked out and what has been happening!!!?

I'll tell you, this teddy bear is freaking me out!!!

Every once in a while, totally random, I will get close to this teddy bear and it will start playing a tune... Like I said it's happened about 10 times over the past couple years... My Grandmother has seen it happen a few times, she even commented once saying, boy that bear seems to like you... The whole time I'm thinking, no this bear is possessed...

Anyway, I moved the bear from the living room to the hallway and it hasn't happened, until tonight! I was heading into the bathroom and as I went to open the door, the bear started playing the tune again... It's a Christmas tune if anyone was wondering... Jingle Bells...

I immediately thought to myself, ok this is freakin me out... So I picked the bear up and took a good look at it... The ONLY place you can play the sound is by squeezing the left hand...!!! WT*?

I checked out the eyes and the bells to make sure there wasn't any motion detectors in it, nope, nothing, then I messed with the left hand a few times, you know, bumping into it, smacking it on the counter and what not to see if it was sensitive... Nope, you have to squeeze the button with your thumb and index finger or it won't play...

Now do you see why I'm freaking out a bit? I'm wondering if I'm somehow causing this device to turn on or what's happening, can anyone throw me some insight on what might be causing this bear to do this... I swear it's just a normal bear, it plays a tune when you press the button... Not making this up...

[edit on 3-5-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

[edit on 3-5-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Faulty electronics.

Take a valium and go to sleep mate. Overactive imaginations can be more harmful than posessed teddies!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
if teh bear is of little consequence...you could disect it and remove the electronics and be sure he wont bother you again..i mean..look at him..he has shify beady eyes..that bear cant be trusted!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Faulty electronics.

Take a valium and go to sleep mate. Overactive imaginations can be more harmful than posessed teddies!

I'm not imagining anything... This bear goes off when I get close to it, totally random occurrences, but always when I get close to it... I also don't need valium to sleep, mate..

I'm not totally freaking out over it man, just seems odd to me is all...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kain_the_hunter
if teh bear is of little consequence...you could disect it and remove the electronics and be sure he wont bother you again..i mean..look at him..he has shify beady eyes..that bear cant be trusted!

Ya I know, but what if it's like my grandfather sending me a message... like a hello or something? Because I always get an image of him when this happens... I know you all think I'm making this up but I'm not... It's happened about 10 times, months apart sometimes really close together... It was in the living room and every time I'd go to put a movie in I'd kneel down, by it and it would play... Not every time, just once in a while... It's not like it's faulty, I checked it out and it seems ok... I figured most would write this off as being false or due to faulty equipment, that's why I tested it this last time to see if there was any other way I could turn it on... Anyway, I think there is more to this... Otherwise I wouldn't have posted on it... I'm not about spreading false rumors or lies...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No I doubt you are making this up, but when you have something that involves electronics you can have simple explanations that do have to do with wire shorts, or other malfunctions.. could be static electricity discharges from certain things you wear triggering the malfuntion... I would worry more if you took out its power source and it still played for you.

when that happens.. let me know.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Aye, it's faulty electronics, that's all.

There's a football goal toy in my loft that goes off now and again without anything touching it. Makes me jump at times, sitting here chilling and hearing

'Oh and it's hit the back of the net!'

Just take the batteries out or chuck him out or something.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

lol, that is funny....

I'll look for the batteries and take them out... It just seems strange that it only does it when I am right next to it... Not touching it, but like when I pass by it... It's not like I'm in another room when it goes off, only when I get close and always totally random... Would batteries last 10+ years? Because this bear has been around for a long time...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Yeah the kinds of batteries those toys use do tend to have a pretty long life, especially when the toy isn't used alot. I tend to agree with a past poster that it may be just static discharge by you. I don't think however you can remove the batteries from that without disassembling the box inside. You would be better off just getting rid of it if it bothers you. If you do that and it is your granddad, he'll find another means to contact you.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
As everyone else has mentioned, it's most likely the electronics playing up. Most things do stuff when you push buttons, or look at them funny, etc.

Don't forget though, it could be something pretending to be your grandfather - don't trust it, and don't try to make contact with it.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Don't worry I won't try to summon or contact anything using the bear... I'm not getting any specific message other than an image of my grandfather smiling... I really don't think the intention of this is negative in any form nor a trick by an evil entity... I also feel that higher energy could do such things with electronics...

I mean it might be the electronics, but for some reason I don't buy that idea... I've been messing with it since I've posted and can't get it to play without pressing on the button... I know what I'm experiencing with this and it's hard for me to simply poo poo it just yet... I've even tried static test, using a shirt full of static right out of the dryer, nothing, then I tried putting on clothes after adding static in the dryer and walking with socks on, passed by it over and over, picked it up and held it and the static doesn't seem to do anything.. It plays when it wants to I guess, but only when I'm next to it or close to it... I've never heard it go off without me near it... It's never done it when my grandmother passes it and she passes it every night...

So ya... I was hoping someone else might have experienced something similar with a toy or something they had, but guess not..

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well good luck bro and be careful...I was just trying to eliminate the normal. I am not a skeptic by any means but I tend to look for the most reasonable answer first. If you say it isn't any of what we posted, then I beleive you. Keep your wits about you and be safe.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I'll be safe... I'll let you know if it does it again or if anything else weird happens with it.. If anything else happens I might have to toss it... But I think I'll be ok... =)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The bear did it again! I was about 2 feet away in the hall standing there and it started playing... Are you still trying to tell me this is static?

Happened at 6:34AM just now, October 01 08

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If this bear creeps you out, then just throw it out...and you dont need to worry anymore...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

i cant believe you havent tossed it yet-- that is freaky! i have freaky things like that happen to me all the time- especially with those type of toys. last week at 3am i awoke to this high pitched screeching noise - it was so loud and my husband and i couldnt figure out where it was coming from- it was loud like our house alarm. we went into every room, when my husband took one step into our sunroom the noise stopped. my daughters electronic microphone was sitting in the middle of the floor in there -that is what had been making the noise. my husband blew it off but i was seriously freaked out!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Most likely you have an electromagnetic field.

Has it ever happened to anything else? Lights, maybe?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I will agree with it being really freaky if it happens even after the batteries are out of it .

Its a cute bear anyway ...lol ..
I like white fluffy things ...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Where did you get the bear?

Who is the manufacturer?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
".. I've never heard it go off without me near it... "

thats because your not there to hear it

top topics

<<   2 >>