It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a child of the Eighties our biggest fear may yet come true (if we let it)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Growing up in the 1980s there was always that fear for many of us that on the evening news we would see a breaking news message from the President of the US stating something liike the following:

"American citizens. We have just learned that Russian Nuclear Submarines have been spotted 400 miles off the southern coast of the continental United States. These submarines pose a clear and present danger. These submarines are heavily armed with Nuclear warheads and tension between our nations is high and further mounting. Make no mistake about it, we are at a Defcon 5 alarm status.

For if the unthinkable should happen, please take cover wherever you deem the safest for you and your loved ones. We are on standby and only have a few minutes to warn you in the event of missle launches. I repeat, this situation is tense .."

Now, in the above scenerio, replace Russia with China. China now has a Nuclear Submarine base called Sanya. By 2010 China will have five operational 094-class nuclear submarines capable of carrying 12 nuclear missiles each.

Our economy in America has been building the Communist Chinese economy through Walmart, trade imbalance and more.

This isn't a very comfortable feeling.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Nah, China would overrun us in a week. They need someone that has a little less firepower. I hear that N. Korea just launched a nuclear sub, too. In the end, does it matter from whence he alleged threat comes? The fact is that it's coming--from our government!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
North Korea gets all their advanced technology from China. China gets their technology from Russia and America. They got satellite encryption and guided missle technology first-hand from the Clinton administration. They didn't even have to steal that.

Bottom line, it would be a battle between NWO Blue against NWO Red. An Elitist agenda on both sides to have one world government with either nation at the top making the laws.

People like you just blow it off until it is at your doorstep. A world full of Nuclear weapons and Submarines guarantees detonation unless something is done. Not much is being done to stop it.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Americans have the power, both businesses & individuals alike, to slow China's advance. Just buy American, European or Japanese instead. Make a conscious decision not to buy anything manufactured in China. Justify your decision on patriotic grounds, civil rights or w/e you like.

But there's the big assumption, that you can even find a non-Chinese equivalent to the product you wish to buy and at a comparable price.

Government policy has been to draw China slowly out and towards us, that by opening up their country freedom & democracy will flourish. That price is paid in dollars, pounds & euros by consumers at every store in the western world. Yet there's been no major institutional changes made in China and freedoms & democracy are still actively repressed. To that extent the whole policy has failed miserably. A better solution would've been to let China sink under the weight of communist financial absurdities. But we're way past that now. Their dollar holdings are so vast they've got the West by the short & curlies.

We must rid ourselves of the mindset which sees China in benign terms, friendly folks waving little red flags n'all. Theirs is a self serving capitalist state, with an aggressive military and an historic chip on its shoulder. There will be military confrontation between the USA, NATO & China and in my lifetime too, of that I have no doubt.

As to your mock presidential address, DEFCON 5 is the lowest state of military readiness with DEFCON 1 being the highest. DEFCON states are defined in the following terms ...

DEFCON 5 Normal peacetime readiness
DEFCON 4 Normal, increased intelligence and strengthened security measures
DEFCON 3 Increase in force readiness above normal readiness
DEFCON 2 Further Increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness
DEFCON 1 Maximum force readiness.

DEFCON DEFense CONdition / Federation Of American Scientists

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Not much is being done to stop it.

Probably because everyone's still got this odd little post-cold war mentality going on - we don't know how to deal with the emerging states like China, North Korea and Iran other than to attempt to intimidate and perhaps economically frustrate them (albeit the chinese are busy doing that one to us).

What it comes down to is the elite's nessecity to keep the people glued to their t.v screens so they can see how the elite are working the world (without realising it).

The longer we look upon our political establishments as acting in the interests of the civilian population, the longer they will have to ensure that they stay where the power is.

Which is why they consider disinformation to be quite an important issue.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
And this is what really riles me up about trolls - they are taking advantage of the one thing we can use to stop the elite.

It really broils my [profanity] that someone can be so immature and yet so damaging at the same time.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
People like me? I'm not sure to what you are referring, but I don't think our views are that different--at least not different enough to warrant a "people like you" comment.

new topics

top topics

join