It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama/Clinton Split ticket = Ron Paul independent run?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
With Barrack and Hillary fighting down to the convention,and passions running high, there is a chance that they will feel obligated to split the ticket, with two democratic nominees. It has happened before. That said, although Ron Paul said in a recent interview that he was a Republican first, and that he would go to the convention to have a voice, I would think that a split dem ticket would leave open the option of a split republican ticket. Any thoughts on our one chance to get Ron Paul elected?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
and this gets a 12 hour boost. I guess that maybe ther words obama and hillary are death to a thread?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Howard Dean isn't going to allow a split ticket because that would surely mean defeat for both nominees. There is no reason for the GOP to go for a split ticket because McCain is already in the best position out of the three. They're past the point of no return.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

Howard Dean stands to lose the most loyal block of voters, or woman under , well heck, every woman. There may be one, which stills begs the question, where does Ron Paul Stand? His new book is getting huge, and he won 18% of the vote in Pennsylvania. I think that if the dem ticket was split, independents and certain republicans might turn the tide in his favor...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I agree that a split ticket would all but guarantee that the Dem's would not win. I am not sure what Ron Paul will do as he seemed to be pretty solid in is conviction to run as a republican. Right now, it will take a lot of media support for any 3rd party to even stand a chance. We have seen that we can't trust our media for that. So, unless it is some sort of a dream team 3rd party with a lot of financial backing and MSM support, I just don't think we will be seeing it happen.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree, but again, I am not stating that he would run as an independent. If the dems split the ticket, why not the reps?

Edit to add that my title does say that he would be an independent. oops. Ummmm, so who might his running mate be that could afford the necessary funds? Bloomberg?

[edit on 4-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Because the Reps don't like Ron Paul and would rather he wasn't on the ballot at all. I can see the case for a split ticket possibility in the Dems case, simply because they are so divided on the issue. Reps on the other hand are pretty much behind McCain.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

So as for my question, what do you do, if you are Ron Paul, you get one shot, and otherwise watch your country die.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Prepare a eulogy.

Seriously, I am too jaded to think that there is some sort of a hail-mary he could pull to gain any legitimate shot of winning. The deck is stacked against him. If the media had actually reported on what he stood for and reported him as an actual viable candidate instead of a fringe candidate to be laughed at, then he would have had a chance. It didn't happen though.

Our system is passed the point of no return if you ask me.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Honestly, I am so tired of hearing people say that the mainstream media has passed him, and his views, by. If that is true, isn't that the BEST reason to push this? I really don't believe that the election has started, and even though Ron Paul is a republican, he is more of one than most others, including John Mccain!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I agree that he is more of a republican than McCain. As of right now, the majority of voters are of the Baby Boomer generation. The majority of those voters get their news (opinions) from the MSM. They don't research things on the internet like the younger generations do. So, when Fox News makes Ron Paul out to be a nut job, many boomers believe it. I have seen it happen.

With him being left out of the debates and ignored in the media, he lost all chance of winning. Without honest and fair reporting from the likes of CNN and Fox, I firmly believe that no candidate stands a chance.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

And in this you make the case for 90% of the people on this site.

The truth is, most people don't want to know the truth. They want to be entertained, hugged, and fed. Plus, they apparently want a lot of sex.
But the truth? Why bother, it's too depressing, and easier just to point blame.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

It's getting late... I don't know how to take your post. Are you supporting what I said, or criticizing it?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I am agreeing, but also arguing that conceding is exactly what they want people to do!

We need to make our voices heard if the dems split the ticket. Hell, even a high appointment for Ron Paul would be a net gain.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

OK, I see. Well, you seem to have more hope than I do (which is a good thing), what possible scenario do you see that Ron Paul could get the coverage he deserves?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Obama / Ron Paul ticket!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

A split Ticket! Then the MSM will be dying to get the reps split. God Forbid one of their darling Libs doesn't get elected.

And no, an Obama/Ron Paul ticket is too contradictory.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Do you honestly think that is a "possible" scenario? I just don't see the Rep's letting it happen.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I AM A REP! LOL! And I want it to happen!. If the dems split the ticket, and the MSM wants to split the Reps, they are either going to have to start a whole new campaign for an independent, like bloomberg, or find a popular non-mainstream rep. And that man is Ron Paul!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And here we are, just twenty four hours from another tie in the democratic primaries. What a joke this has all become. So does the monday crowd feel like Mr.Paul has an outside chance now? I mean, the dems are now talking about an all out race until JUNE!!!

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join