It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Grid of Earthquakes!! What??!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What's going on is that someone played with the size slider till all the pretty little dots look just about like they form a grid. Slide the slider in closer and they diverge from the grid immediately.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Wow that earthquake stat is chilling considering >>When Jesus Christ's disciples asked Him what would herald His coming to rule all nations, He answered by first relaying a series of developments that would lead up to the grand climax of the present age: religious deception, wars, famines, pestilences and earthquakes (Matthew 24:3-8; Mark 13:3-8; Luke 21:7-11).

Jesus said that these were just the "beginning of sorrows" (Matthew 24:8, emphasis added throughout)—or, as the New International Version better renders this, the "beginning of birth pains." As birth pangs—or labor contractions—get stronger and closer together as delivery approaches, so these trends would appear with increasing intensity and frequency as the end of the age approached.

Literally more earthquakes of building intensity..

I sat through a sermon on this subject this weekend.

I don't know. As a fellow midwesterner, I have a strong belief...having said this, I've prayed on the subject...and am no longer concerned. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I've been misled by other forces? But while I can agree the wrath of God may be upon the world, I don't think this is truly the end...if it is, I feel sorry for the Rapture crowd, because none of them are missing

In all seriousness, try to not live in fear. Many people throughout the last 2000 years have seen signs that they were indeed living in the end times...and they were. And we are. Is this a buildup to the end? I don't know, but the message in my heart is 'no'...but take that with a grain of salt.

Considering how many people here on ATS seem to be off their meds on this subject, I'll agree with the 'religious deception' part

Seriously, guys...one of the things that originally drew me to ATS was the high level of skepticism; and that's something I'm seeing sorely lacking these days. And yes I realize this sounds hypocritical right after I got done discussing Christian beliefs, but there it is.

A shadowy conspiracy to re-activate a super volcano? Okeydoke...you got that from a grid pattern on a map? That's the sort of thinking which led scientists to From what data did the grid come? How credible is the source? Is there a chance of this data being anomalous readings from the equipment, or from readings too coarse to get any closer than that grid? Question everything, not just what 'they' tell you. If you go looking for shadowy human (or otherwise) intervention, you'll find it everywhere. Looks like it could be a rounding error (too small a floating-point datatype for more accurate pinpointing), or something similar.

As for the rest of the theories presented, I know they're in keeping with conspiracy theories, but they're, well, I guess I find it hard to believe that the DoD can't find a radical Islamic type whose kidneys have failed, but can control the world population...yet the secret's so poorly kept that it's openly discussed all over the Internet. I hope for the sake of humanity that you're wrong.

I look forward to an official explanation of the funky grid pattern, especially since I would have expected that data to be classified pretty quickly if there were something to this.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It is worth reading the entire thread and listening to the ATS mix interview with stan linked in the thread too. He talks about the reasons for the grid being possibly modified data, although he couldn't identify why. What he does talk about is the implications of 800-1000 earthquakes in several months and the dormant volcano in Chile reactivating after some 2000 years.

Forget the grid bit and it's still just as scary... or more.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I second that, the ATS Mix was a good listen

But I don't recall what volcano in Chile he was talking about? Was it Llaima? A supervolcano? Some other?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yoiu know growing up in California I've heard so many story's regarding earthquakes,since the big quake in Alaska all I heard about was how the big one would hit on the San Andres fault,how people living in the Inland Empire area will be hit by a devastating earthquake,so I bought a home in the area,funny thing is they have found that there are fault lines running throughout Calif,I've been thru pretty much every kind of quake,some shake up and down,some shake side to side some make a roaring sound,I've seen a quake approach up a road,so my theory is Scientist's learn something new every quake,and I'm thinking the only way one can predict a quake is merely by chance

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just would like to update this thread here is a plot created yesterday:

Source

Best of luck to all of you out there in Reno I pray this is not leading up to something big....although all the data I have seen is pointing in that direction.

-Kdial1

[edit on 13-5-2008 by kdial1]

[edit on 13-5-2008 by kdial1]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Right on bro, thanks for the update and keeping us informed.

Anything new from the Reno residents?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Best of luck to all of you out there in Reno I pray this is not leading up to something big....although all the data I have seen is pointing in that direction.

-Kdial1

thanks for that!! It shows what ive been thinking, and I was home for the 2.1 this afternoon, and it sure felt like a 3, it had a thaaa.....thunk!! (pardon my description) effect, which I have not noticed in a couple weeks...
I tend to think this is leading up to something bigger also, and even though i am living on top of all this, I'm not alone in the feelings.

quake.usgs.gov...

just had another small one just after 2

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

But I don't recall what volcano in Chile he was talking about? Was it Llaima? A supervolcano? Some other?

The volcanic eruption from last week was the one. The connection was that it is part of the same tectonic plate as the west coast of the US, and activity there may or may not be unrelated to events going on in Reno.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Here's some interesting news. I live in Mississippi and in the past week we've had 2 earthquakes down here! Magnitude 3.1 for both of them. The San Madrid fault line comes into Mississippi. They've been waiting for a big quake on the San Madrid. Earthquakes in diverse places!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This info is easy enough to verify.
Down load Google Earth earth.google.com...
Down load plug in from USGS earthquake.usgs.gov...

Interestingly enough a NEW Grid pattern has started to appear in northeastern Nevada also not just the grid west of Reno.

Check it out for yourself @
41 12' 19.69" N
114 51' 20.54" W

It's just North East of Wells, NV

Somethings going on, more underground shelters/bases being built?
Who knows......

[edit on 27-5-2008 by un4gvn1]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just a little FYI on this earthquake grid pattern...

Sometimes we will intentionally set off smaller earthquakes around a fault line to help relieve some of the stress on that fault line. This, in turn, will prevent a larger earthquake from occurring.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Promecus
Just a little FYI on this earthquake grid pattern...

Sometimes we will intentionally set off smaller earthquakes around a fault line to help relieve some of the stress on that fault line. This, in turn, will prevent a larger earthquake from occurring.

and you know this because????

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by un4gvn1

Ahhh, I just love a heckler.
I know things. I know many things.

Just do a google search for "preventing earthquakes". Then, enjoy reading all about it. However, if you lack the attention span to read large documents (as many people do these days) you can find a simplistic explanation here:

library.thinkquest.org...

At any rate, not to start an off topic debate, I just felt some people might like to see there is yet another explanation for a seemingly well organized pattern of earthquakes...that's all.

--Edit--
Here's another one that Israel is using...
www.mfa.gov.il...

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Promecus]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
not heckling just wanted and answer is all

thanks for the links.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Promecus

How exactly do we set them off?

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>