It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Grid of Earthquakes!! What??!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This same thing hit Spokane Washington back in I think it was 2002 ish or so...80+ earthquake swarm...the first one came after a really large "sonic boom" like sound, (louder and more sonic than a sonic boom if you can imagine)....a huge swarm, and then poof! it all stopped.

Very strange.

Anyone have any comments regarding this? I wonder if there is any similarity between the Spokane swarms and the Reno swarms?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Here's a great site that I visit every few days to keep up to date with all things quakey.

www.earthquake-news.net...
It updates every 30 minutes.

It has a really easy to read interactive world map showing all the latest quakes.

A few weeks ago there was an almost perfect circle of quakes around the yosemite caldera.

Check out the links at the top of the page to see what's been happening in the last 7 days as well.

A great resource.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I have noticed one of the photos show heavy activity in California. I doubt it has anything to do with an underground base (or the building thereof). It may,however, have something more to do with 'someone' trying to stimulate the already weakened fault line in California using 'Scalar Wave' technology. This would create a destabilizing effect in America (not unlike the Katrina event) that would once again put FEMA to the test....a test they would intentionally fail, and would give Bush a reason for martial law and better yet,....a reason to fill up those already staffed prisons (strategically placed) with civilians. Let's face it, someone out there is trying real hard to bring America to it's knees and they are lying every step of the way. Would doubt for a minute if America was doing this to America...just to gain more authoritative power to dictate policy and to enslave us further. Scalar Wave technology would indeed be able to pinpoint such as grid of earthquakes as it is designed and used on a grid array principle itself. Just a postulation.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by creatives

Earthquake 3D is what I use to see earthquakes around the globe. Its free.

I am really puzzling over the quake swarms. They sure seem artificially induced.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

The difference here is it has been around 1000 not 80. That is a huge numerical difference. From what Ive read earthquake swarms are associated with flows of Magma. Thats what scares me about this. A magma flow casuing 1000 earthquakes in two months, especially one where the shocks are intensifying like foreshocks to some major seismic event scare the crap out of me. Most of the quakes from what I have read were centered at Mogul, Nevada about 20 miles outside Reno.

The area has a geological history of massive volcanism. I fear Mogul may end up being at the center of a near future cauldera, maybe even megacauldera.

[edit on 3/5/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Good point. I didn't realise it was around 1000. This sort of thing is extremely rare right? the ones in Spokane were shallow as well...and that really loud "boomb" that precipitated the first 4.1 was the most incredible sound people say that they have ever heard...

Are there / have there been any reports of a large boomb sound at all just before the bigger quakes in Nevada there?

What about anywhere else around the world...any swarms anywhere else?

just thinking about it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck...earthquakes are kinda creepy...and yet kinda cool too...mother nature is so powerful to take a huge area and shake it all up like that...

[edit on 3-5-2008 by skyshow]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The Holy Bible

Luke 21

10 Then he said to them: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Map of worldwide earthquakes:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Checkers, most people here pay very little attention to what the Bible says.

Interesting nonetheless. This is a great thread and who knows for sure what's really going on. You know there is incredible technology being hidden from public eyes and I wonder if that has anything to do with this. Nicola Tesla and more recently, Tom Bearden has spoke much about scalar electromagnetism and it's ability to be used for weather manipulation and to cause earthquakes. On the surface this seems incredibly crackpot, but is it? Maybe there is some truth in there somewhere. Of course, if there is some underground construction of some sort it could cause this as well, right? All in all, I'm leaning towards unnatural causes for this anomaly.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So what. There are other past week's earthquake 'dots' randomly between these 'grid'. When there are hundreds of 'earthquake points' in a given area, and you put lines on top of it hoping that it intersects somewhere you are bound to form a rough grid.

The grids are not actually spaced evenly with one another anyway. I don't see anything 'weird' in that. "It can't be a natural event". Uhhhh.... Whaaa? It's a goddamn Earthquake. I don't know what's this guy's smoking if he says Earhquakes aren't natural.

Aww c'moon. You people are saying that SOMEONE is messing with techtonic plates? That's NONSENSE....... Where's the evidence in that? Where's the proof?

I bet these people also think that global warming was the work of little green men.
Wow, wait a minute this would make a great plot for a movie. *gasp*

Ooops, it already has....

So some of you guys saying it was done by the gubbermint. So.... say IF it was the work by this ultra hush-hush top-secret black project shadowy government that watches everyone in America even when you are taking a dump and are smart enough to cover-up EVERY MAJOR OCCURANCE in this world.

But they made an earthquake in a way that it would raise suspicion by intentionally making it in 'grids' so people would suspect that it was 'not natural' and was done 'intentionally'?

UTTER NONSENSE.....

Maybe it was done by an old guy with a beard in the clouds?

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Macrotus

Whaaa? It's a goddamn Earthquake. I don't know what's this guy's smoking if he says Earhquakes aren't natural.

Duh...

Let's see.. an earthquake caused by an underground nuclear explosion..(Just an example)

Would you consider that a 'natural or 'unnatural' earthquake?

Hopefully you will see the error in your thought process.

Also, if you didn't notice, people are just speculating over something unusual.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I tend to agree with macrotus. It's only a rough grid.

What kind of idiot secret agency would cause earthquakes in an actual obvious grid pattern that the numerous earthquake monitoring groups would pick up on?...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow, not one response to my previous post about the location of the grid of earthquakes. Maybe I was jesting to much with a pirate base and what not, but I thought that sealing off Donner Pass to food and good traffic would be of interest to others.

To me the location of these 1000s of earthquakes are what causes me most concern.

Maybe I am on global ignore or something...
DocMoreau

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You make a good point Doc, however, I'm not really familiar with Donner pass or that area.

Will look at it more closely.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
I tend to agree with macrotus. It's only a rough grid.

What kind of idiot secret agency would cause earthquakes in an actual obvious grid pattern that the numerous earthquake monitoring groups would pick up on?...

What about Macrotus' last post can you even agree with? It was a thoughtless knee jerk reactive post. (No insult intended, just calling it like I see it)

So you admit these 'earthquakes' are in "an actual obvious grid pattern".?

How do you know that other numerous earthquake monitoring groups are not picking up on this?

Idiot secret agency? heheh.. Have you ever really researched the CIA? You know, the one that does MUCH evil for a "greater" good? Now THAT is an idiot secret agency if I ever heard of one. (One with more power than it deserves)

[edit on 3-5-2008 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My bet is on underground tunnels so the nazis can hide there when the # hits the fan.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Could it be underground nuke testing maybe?,the bush admin does what it wants,even if it is not lawful.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I wonder if anybody has looked at these guys for possible clues?

You never know...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I believe its all part of the pole shift that is going on right now. As the core begins to flip over it will oscillate. This could cause quakes, new volcanoes who knows what else. It must be putting pressure on all that magma as it spins and flops. The earths magnetic field could also cause some serious issues with our electronics if it becomes more focused in areas during the shift.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Whatif, the exact coordinates of the those particular earthquakes
cannot be determined, so in essence they are being rounded out to the
nearest grid coordinate position?

Like, how are far apart are the earthquakes that form the grid?
Anyone get what I'm saying?

Maybe some monitoring stations are not as accurate as others, so
they mark the postion of some of the earthquakes in a less precise
manner, along some imaginary grid.

Unusual nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join