It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq presents proof of Iranian meddling: official

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Iraq presents proof of Iranian meddling: official

nz.news.yahoo.com

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - An Iraqi delegation in Iran has confronted Iranian security officials with evidence that Tehran is providing support for Shi'ite militias battling Iraqi government forces, an Iraqi official said on Friday.
"They presented a list of names, training camps and cells linked to Iran," Haidar al-Ibadi, a member of Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's Dawa party, told Reuters.

"The Iranians did not confess or admit anything. They claim they are not intervening in Iraq and they feel they are being unfairly blamed for everything going on Iraq," he said of the talks, which took place on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hostile" Iran Sparks U.S. Attack Plan

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So I guess the Shiite led Iraqi government is now lying? Iran is guilty as charged.

nz.news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

So I guess the Shiite led Iraqi government is now lying? Iran is guilty as charged.

nz.news.yahoo.com

Gulf of Tonkin. Don't forget that cooking up evidence is what the CIA is good for. Especially if they want to go to war. All they have to do is put an obedient monkey in office and fake an attack or fake material support.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Gulf of Tonkin. Don't forget that cooking up evidence is what the CIA is good for. Especially if they want to go to war. All they have to do is put an obedient monkey in office and fake an attack or fake material support.

Why would the local elected Iraqi government want to go to war with Iran if Iran wasnt actually already a threat? You think these people don't remember the Iran/Iraq war of the 80's?
You honestly think the same Iraquis who went through a "Human meat grinder" are trying to start a war with Iran just because Bush says so?
Really?

[edit on 5/2/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

[edit on 5/2/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Um, we propped that government up. They do what we tell them. Remember Iraq has WMD, and Osama is blowing Saddam even today! And that's why we have to Invade Iran!

Nothing this administration proposes to do in the middle east will ever bring peace to them or us. Every body claims they want peace and yet are never willing to act on it, because somehow, violence is easier to put effort into.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't doubt Iran is supporting Shiite militias in Iraq any more than I doubt Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are supporting Sunni militias.

And this is precisely how this is best handled, between the governments of Iraq and Iran.

Lets not forget that despite the militias issue, the Iraqi .gov is actually pretty closely aligned with Iran. I seem to recall them giving President Ahmadinejad the red carpet treatment a few months ago.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yeah the Iraqi government thats been corrupt and asking us to leave? I think you missed that fact. The Iraqi leader don't want us there and he has been very very lenient with Iran. He was not anyones choice in the west for President, Quite the contrary.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well we let Ahmedinejad speak at a university here in the US not to long ago. I'm not saying he's not another corrupt, power mad, theocrat, but another war in the middle east is NOT the answer. Is history so cut down to sound bites today that people forget Iraq as it happens? We are facing an Islamic revolution if we keep screwing with them. The more we pursue this policy th worse it's going to get for us. Because soon, it won't just be a minority group, it'll get bigger, with every bomb we drop it will get bigger. Until we're facing an organized resistance the likes of which have never been seen. A scope so far out there for us to comprehend that America will be bled dry. It doesn't matter what kind of weapons we use, or what kind of torture tactics we deem legal, or how long we are there, eventually, they will win. Because that is how devoted revolutionaries fight.

We don't understand the middle east. They have always had their own way of doing things. Then along comes America trying to tell them how they will run their far older society. And then America comes along to tell them which of their traditions is humane while building military bases on their soil. By using us, the people of the United States, to not only fight wars against these people, but to pay the worst of them our debt, to buy their gas, and to fuel our whole way of living around that. While we march our tanks ever closer to even the closest ally in the region. These people hate us because of what our government does. And yet rather than accepting any responsibility for our negligence we just accept that we must go to war. Why? Is no one out there tiring of this?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

So you would rather us pull out or troops and have Iran and Saudi Arabia fight it out in Iraq? That would put a stop to half the worlds oil. If we did not need the stability in oil, I say let them all kill each other. Just like they were doing before the west showed up.

I don't care what country it is but if you are going to kill U.S. troops when they are trying to rebuild a country and bring security to a lawless land then they deserve to get bombed day and night till they wave the white flag.

We have given them ample warning and its time they pay the price for killing our brothers and sisters. If Iran was not causing problems in Iraq with their boy Sadr we could pull or troops out right now and everyone would be happy.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Come on, Where are all the people who blame Bush and the U.S. for everything on this bit of news? I cant wait to hear one that says Israel is behind this.

I am not surprised at the low participation in this thread.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I cant wait to hear one that says Israel is behind this.

Do you think we'd be in a war on terror, based in the middle East, if it were not for Israel meddling? Israeli Massad = War by Deception. No truly, it does. I am not joking.

Ignorance is bliss. By the way, are you happy?

AAC

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

So you would rather us pull out or troops and have Iran and Saudi Arabia fight it out in Iraq? That would put a stop to half the worlds oil. If we did not need the stability in oil, I say let them all kill each other. Just like they were doing before the west showed up.

I don't care what country it is but if you are going to kill U.S. troops when they are trying to rebuild a country and bring security to a lawless land then they deserve to get bombed day and night till they wave the white flag.

We have given them ample warning and its time they pay the price for killing our brothers and sisters. If Iran was not causing problems in Iraq with their boy Sadr we could pull or troops out right now and everyone would be happy.

al Sadr is not the real problem. Remember that Malaki's government took 4 years to start going after the shiite militias. Why? Because Malaki and Iran are good buddies. They're playing us for the fools we are. At this point we are certainly not in control of what happens in Iraq or Iran. They want us to invade, because once that happens, China and Russia will step in.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Sky watcher, while I understand your honest concern to keep this country safe, Iran is not a threat to us. They never have been, and probably never will.

They do not have the capability to launch any kind of attack on American soil. Could they reach Israel? Sure. But that's not our problem, that's Israel's. They shouldn't exist in the first place, but again, that's a story for another day.

A main reason for Iran's supposed "hatred" towards the US or western world in general is due to our support of Israel and our actions in the middle east. Let's be honest. One of our main interests is oil from Iraq, and poppy/cannabis from Afghanistan. Our black budget military is funded off the sale of illegal drugs, and our way of life is propped up with the cash that is injected into the economy as a result of that sale.

If we didn't have a steady flow of illegal drugs into this country, America wouldn't exist as we know it today. With that being said, the "wars on terror" in the middle east are nothing more than resource wars. One could argue we are fighting a proxy war with Iran at the moment, but if we weren't in the middle east that would be a non-issue.

So, how do we "defeat" Iran? We don't attack the militarily. Clearly an embargo hasn't worked. Russia and China love to trade with countries we put on the "black list."

Diplomatic relations are the only way we could ever disarm their government. Do I think they have the right to obtain nuclear power and weapons? Power - sure. Weapons - yes and no. If their neighbors Pakistan, India, and Israel (which never signed the NPT) can all have nuclear weapons, and are probably as dangerous if not more dangerous than Iran, then yes, Iran should be able to have nuclear weapons.

The argument about how Ahmadinejad is going to "wipe Israel off the map" is ludicrous. The Iranians do not want to die, and neither do the Israelis. Both will do what is best for their respective nations. Nuclear bombing each other is simply out of the question.

I say we come to peaceful solutions in the middle east and world. A first step would involve the immediate withdrawal of US troops from every base not on US soil. It is clear the world does not appreciate the US policing the world. If we are so worried about national security, why don't we worry about the borders at home which to this day remain unprotected.

While our troops are fighting overseas, domestic terrorists (the government) have taken over. Our borders are not secure, our seas are not patrolled (not to the extent a "secure" nation would anyway), and our people are broken.

We need a hero. We need a cause to rally behind. Another war is not what this country or world needs.

We need hope, prosperity, and a better future. It is clear our politicians will not guarantee a safe future. It is up to the American people to decide enough is enough.

No more war.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

I cant wait to hear one that says Israel is behind this.

Do you think we'd be in a war on terror, based in the middle East, if it were not for Israel meddling? Israeli Massad = War by Deception. No truly, it does. I am not joking.

Ignorance is bliss. By the way, are you happy?

AAC

You live in bliss allot don't you? Hint, Use spell check next time.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Biggie you have went off your rocker on that one buddy. Israel has every right to be there because they have owned the land for longer than anyone. You need to study instead of listening to twisted story's. Roman history shows solid proof of Israel belonging to the Jews.

I don't have a problem with the Iranian people, Its just their crazy government. Amidinanut thinks its his job to give his Mahdi an army to defeat the U.S. and Israel. I feel sorry for you, That you are so easily fooled by pure evil. You need a serious gut check and I say that with the utmost respect.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

reply to post by biggie smalls

You need to study instead of listening to twisted story's. Roman history shows solid proof of Israel belonging to the Jews.

Really, and what makes you think you can count on Roman history? Actually way I think it, Jews were only small fraction of the people living in that area. But then again, I am not a historian exactly.

No matter what, I think the Palestinians around the area were already settled there when then land was unjustly given to zionists with Balfour declaration. If you take such an approach in this matter, you should also conclude that United States (or the area which once belonged to indians) should be given back to indians? Riiiight? Now, I don't hear many voices saying that

Sincerely

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You live in bliss allot don't you?

A Lot or Allot ?
A lot (two words) is an informal phrase meaning "many." It can take an adjective, for example, "a sizeable lot."

Example: Karl needed a lot of time for the job.
Allot means "to distribute between or among." It has the same root as lottery.

Example: He allotted three breaks a day to everyone in the department.

Hint, Use spell check next time.

Hello Kettle, have you met the pot yet?
Embarrassing, I know.

AAV

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Israel has every right to be there because they have owned the land for longer than anyone.

So Indians own America. Mexicans own California, Nevada, Texas, Arizona and Utah. This is just fundamentally an ignorant logic. The only reason you see it the way you do it because you are biased. Plain and simple. Israel was created by lies and terrorism. British promised that land to the Palestinians after WWI when they help fight the ottoman empire. Learn something

After the Jews illegally migrated to the land during the 30's, again illegally, they began terrorizing british troops so that they'd withdraw. All was very calculated.

You need to study instead of listening to twisted story's. Roman history shows solid proof of Israel belonging to the Jews.

Why don't you practice what you preach and stop learning your history from your temple, rabbi, or preacher. You've posted no proof of your claims, which is a sure sign of zero intellectual/factual reference.

I don't have a problem with the Iranian people, Its just their crazy government.

I don't have a problem with jewish people, just the government of israel. Fair enough.

read up

Amidinanut thinks its his job to give his Mahdi an army to defeat the U.S. and Israel. I feel sorry for you, That you are so easily fooled by pure evil. You need a serious gut check and I say that with the utmost respect.

Israel has ZERO compassion for anyone but themselves. I could deliver points of fact all day long. Enough said.

You are the one that needs a gut check. Honestly.

AAC

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

You live in bliss allot don't you?

Hint, Use spell check next time.

Hello Kettle, have you met the pot yet?
Embarrassing, I know.

AAV

owned
but what can you expect from somebody that refers to roman history

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Israeli Massad = War by Deception. No truly, it does. I am not joking.

I am sure that all other secret services from other countries (which continuously show compassion in their conduct) work under boy scouts slogans and never lied and deceived. However Israel has such an agency. Alas.
I wonder however why before Israel with all that compassion flying around people died and suffered throughout the history.
And i can not see why Israel appears in this thread ? As in billion other threads that start with X and eventually go to bash Israel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join