It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming May 'Stop', Scientists Predict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Global Warming May 'Stop', Scientists Predict

www.telegraph.co.uk

The average temperature of the sea around Europe and North America is expected to cool slightly over the decade while the tropical Pacific remains unchanged.

This would mean that the 0.3°C global average temperature rise which has been predicted for the next decade by the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change may not happen, according to the paper published in the scientific journal Nature.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Okay, so now Global Warming is still here, but it's going to wait ten years to happen.

Now the oceans are going to cool slightly and the air temperature rise they predicted "may" not happen.

Funny how these "scientists" change their "theories" and "predictions" when their past predictions seem to be wrong!

Wonder if this had anything thing to do with how COLD it was this winter!

Make sure you still pay your carbon tax though!

Here's a link to the Nature journal mentioned in the article.

Advancing Decadal-Scale Climate Prediction in the North Atlantic Sector

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/2/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is exactly why they have been pushing the Global Warming agenda so "hotly" over the last year. They know the science is based upon skewed data, and they know that the window of opportunity for people to accept the new carbon taxes is narrow. It is, after all, tough to scare people about global warming when temperatures are falling. It will be interesting to see the spin they apply to the issue as more data on this cooling trend emerges.

NO amount of taxation will ever change the earths natural cycle of heating and cooling. It's simply out of our hands (and theirs).

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Please don't blame the scientists. They were only the patsies in the whole deal. They rightly disagreed with each other. Each had theories, pretty charts and graphs. They had the alphabet of letters before and after their names, they had the nightlife, they had the city.

Some had photogenic spokesmen, other had throngs of enthusiasts, artists, celebrities; they put on a good show.

The problem was, we were talking about science. Tomorrows new data will appear to invalidate this data, and so on and so on...,

If you simply must be angry; save it for those who would use this ongoing scientific investigation and turn it into a political or commercial opportunity....,

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I've seen to many conflicting reports. It's happening or it isn't. For every report I see on Global Warming I see one to match it in opposition, and it just goes on and on. And yes, it is science we're talking about here, it will change on a regular basis until they get it right. Science is still performed by human beings after all. But all of this make me wonder one thing, is someone creating the debate? Kind of fueling both sides of it? And what can be gained from doing such a thing? I imagine this is another global financial plot. Change the infrastructure to something more "sustainable" in order to make more profit.

We'll see where it goes.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Aaaaaa, five years into it, it will be the next ice age, don't ya know? lol

Ama

top topics

join