It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 30 years now, you've been getting spam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

For 30 years now, you've been getting spam

uk.news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) - This week, the world will mark an anniversary that has changed the face -- and other anatomical regions -- of email inboxes everywhere: the first known spam email was sent 30 years ago on Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I dont bother reading them, just click delete

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
mm, Spam is good stuff, especially when grilled.

I use to battle spam by spamming the spammers.. that was fun.
Doing a WHOIS on the direct domain name via headers, and spamming the top level owners, it helped a lot and spam stopped coming from them sources..

This is how I did it:
Sending 1000's of emails with a 1mb static file to the same address with a message on top stating, I demand removal from your database all instances of my domain name from your servers. Your in violation of email protocol and have harvest my email address without permission. This message was also forwarded to the FTC.

EDIT
It worked for a long time, until I gave in and used a spam only email address for anything I was posting on the internet, thus leaving a personal email address for family and friends, that doesn't receive spam...

[edit on 2-5-2008 by WalkOn]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
How's a guy supposed to make an honest living in the door to door business selling black market drugs to give ol one eyed Pete the girth needed to satisfy her? Spam hurts everyone.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by JesterTerrestrial]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yeah, ye old one eye Pete needs to be grilled until charcoal black and like spam it’s basically dead meat! I hate spam, especially those Nygerian e-mail spams!

top topics

join