It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Conspiracy To Create An American Police State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Bush's Conspiracy To Create An American Police State

www.opednews.com

Upon 911 and claims that he is waging a great "war on terror" in Iraq, Bush cites a principle unheard of since King Charles I dared to place himself above Parliament. Called a 'unitary executive', it is, in fact, an American police state. Briefly, a terrorist is whomever Bush says is a terrorist. Anyone --political opposition, dissidents, advocates of free speech, peaceful demonstrators --is a terrorist if Bush 'deems' them so. You can be arrested and detained indefinitely. You don't get a phone call. You don't get a lawyer. You don't get a trial.

Bush claims powers that had accrued to Hitler in 1933. His Federalist Society apologists and Department of Justice appointees claim that President Bush has the same power to interpret the Constitution as the Supreme Court. An Alito Court is likely to agree with this false claim. This is the great issue that is before the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Oh Boy...This will be sure to get the gov-loving crowd here worked up into a frenzy...With all the Fascism threads going on as of late, I came across what I felt was another intersting read, comparing many of "The Decider's" actions to that of Hitler, in terms of his quick build-up to a full blown Police state. You be the judge whether there are some ALARMING similarities...

>DD tip-toes quietly out of here and lets the debate begin< ....

Most often, Bush assumes a power and exercises it. He dares anyone to stop him. Congress is spooked.

In other cases, he calls upon a legion of toadies who will confirm his version of reality. They will tell him that the illegal is legal and that, if he does it, it's legal even though he is sworn to uphold the laws that apply to everyone else. These toadies include former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and California law professor John Yoo. Both men support torture, domestic wiretapping and surveillance; both men have tortured logic itself to come up with their idiotic, cockamamie schemes.

Both men are practitioners of Nixon logic: it's not illegal if the President does it!

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

^^^Hmmm, this sounds, oddly enough, quite similar to a lot of the Gov-lovers and apologists on this board! lol

[edit on 2-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Starred and flagged my friend. I don't have much else to add at the moment. Guess I need some guv-luverz to stop by for a thrashing. I might be citing this thread in other threads soon though. I was just in a Bush-Nazi thread where this might have come in handy.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
BusHitler

[edit on 5/2/2008 by RabbitChaser]

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Great post DD. I hope all ATSers will read this and understand what has been happening in the USA right under our noses.

S&F

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hey two thumbs up for you, this deserves a flag!
I dont know whats going to happened, if we stay the

cource we are going, but its not good.

I just want to SCREAM at People to WAKE UP!
YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE YOUR FREEDOM!
It seem to me that most people just dont want to be

botherd HEY! I want my ipod, my laptop, my cell

phone,
my Xbox, my MTV, and I cant make it through the day

with out hearing about BRITTNY SPEARS!
Brittny Brittny Brittny, oh what is she doing to day.

The fact is, people are still brain wash from

watching to much TV.
And the news is a joke ( What news?) People are not

getting much information from the network.
I stop watching TV news about six months ago, when I

saw the election get highjack.
When I saw our Media BASH anyone for asking question

about 911, I smell a cover-up.
The LIES that we are told we are running out of OIL

so we have to charge you more ( LIES)
Now the cost of food has hit an all time high
Gas is at $4 a gallon in some states already
Oh please do I need to bed over more my pants are

down my ankles already, and they want to give it to

us all real GOOD! Profits! Profits! Profits!

Now our President has turn EVIL
To Lie us in a war that WE THE PEOLE are stuck paying

for the next 100 years.
A President who dosnt have to ansewer to anyone

anymore.
He puts Nixon to shame, Watergate WAS BAD ENOUGH but I THINK Bush and 911 ARE WORST.
I talk to people about Ron Paul, and do you want to know what most people say to me, WHO IS RON PAUL?
The media has done its job well by burying Ron Paul.
I never though I would live to see America turn this way, Never.

What needs to be done, AMERICA NEEDS TO GO ON STRIKE!

ALL THE TRUCKERS IN AMERICA NEED TO STOP! RIGHT NOW ALL OF THEM.
This Country needs to be brought to its knees at a stand still.
ALL american need to stop working NOW!
All Americans need to leave their cars at home for a while Dont buy any Gas.
I can bet in ONE WEEK oil and food prices will hit rock bottom.
And that WILL send a message to the corporate pigs and congress that WE THE PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!
And Take back our Country, and Demand the Arrest of BUSH, AND CHENEY.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What has consistently amazed me is the fact Bush's loyal supporters would be up in arms screaming and gnashing their teeth if a Democratic President had done half of what he's done. If Al Gore had come up with the Patriot Act or this "Unitary Executive" crap he would've been assassinated, hands-down. And now we wait to see what happens in the current election (if it happens): When a Democrat takes the White House, will the same people claiming Bush has protected us from "terrorists" with all of his fascist ideas suddenly switch gears and howl about how "evil" that person is, just because they're Democrats and not good ol' boy Republicans?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Starred. Wait until Hillary starts actually using the Patriot Act. Bush got it in, but she's gonna be the one to use it. The world's first female dicatator.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I wonder if yours is the original of one I used as an avatar for a while. I think my version is a bit more accurate though. Bush isn't quite Hitler.

[edit on 5/2/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, the unitary executive theory is nothing new. They've been using it since the beginning to create and rewrite law via executive order. Ever wonder why Bush doesn't use the veto power very often? He's created his own line item veto by using executive orders to rewrite laws that he has signed into legislation. It's a clear violation of his power, but since we don't teach our children the value of the three branches and the checks and balances, we don't really understand why this is such a bad thing.

It's almost as if many Americans would prefer a King to a democracy.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The police state has been here for awhile now, I'm afaid. S & F'd
(Starred & Flagged).

When I was doin time in county, for weapons violations, a vet told me a
most curious observation. He said that our Second Amendment Right is a
joke, when you consider when it was written, everyone had single-shot
rifles, in other words, EQUAL firepower. Something that kept the gov in
check, more or less, and afraid to anger the people.

NOW, there are illegal laws restricting firearms to semi-automatic fire
capability, for the people, while the gov gets FULL automatic rifles... in
other words, they win any skirmish or firefight, hands down! What gives?

The whole idea of the 2nd amendment, is to be equal with ANYONE! period.
Since we aren't equal, by law, the gov doesn't fear us at all. This is where
the police state is basically located, in my op. A gov's ability to make war
has always been the foundation of established power. A power they retain,
partly because of this unjust enequality of hardware.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

How true.

I am reminded of an interview on C2C in which the CIA off. stated that we live under the "ILLUSION" of freedom.blogs.ittoolbox.com...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Thanks for the link, white- appreciate it!

Good story, what a sham, security really is at THAT place; but at least
they're looking out, anyway.

The definition is something like: "a concept similar to safety". . .
A CONCEPT?
Like anything else, I guess. For me, it translates to: NO SUCH THING !
Perhaps our gov is a 'concept' of government!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

No I think Hitler was smarter than Bush...Hitler at least hid all the evil ship he was doing Bush makes it blatantly obvious and the says "what are you gonna do about it"

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Hitler also managed to take an entirely bankrupt and starving nation, and turn it into a rich superpower...

...Bush took a rich superpower and bankrupt it.

I think calling Bush a Hitler... is an insult to Hitler.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You know I hate to disagree with you superunit, but while I don't see Bush as having the nack for public speaking that Hitler had, Hitler certainly did say exactly what he was going to do. No one believed him. This time around no one even bothers to ask.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

You know I hate to disagree with you superunit, but while I don't see Bush as having the nack for public speaking that Hitler had, Hitler certainly did say exactly what he was going to do. No one believed him. This time around no one even bothers to ask.

so then you think bush is smarter than Hitler? Yea we will have to disagree there...Bush is a moron and a puppet. Hitler in 15 years turned it from a defeated ruined bankrupt nation to a nation that nearly took over the world. Bush has done the opposite...oh wait he did make some oil guys rich

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Caution. This video contains battlefield injuries

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Geore W.Bush i'am On to you and I Already Know About Operation Clean Slate as well as New World Order and Beyond

new topics

top topics

join