It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Robocop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I wasnt going to discuss whether Israel should be using this, or the politics behind it, just thought id post this up, i love new technology, and this is something out of RoboCop.

Guardium autonomous observation and target intercept system, developed by IAI/Lahav is based on the M-Guard unmanned security vehicle (USV) which can be operated from a command center, carry out routine patrols and quickly respond to evolving emergencies. They can suppress suspicious elements close to the perimeter, and hold them back until manned security forces arrive, or use various forceful means to eliminate the threat, if applicable.

Here's a short demonstration video.

Video.

And the website where you can find more information.

Source.

I think in the actual firing of a shot, it would be directed by a controller, but it is possible to hand over the choice to the Robocar, maybe with better computer technology??

Remeber the three prime directives?

Uphold the Law, Protect the Innocence and Defend the Public Trust, are we ready to hand that choice over to machines?

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Denied]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
When can I buy one?

Nice thread. Perhaps these will be more humane than the current Israeli patrols.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Perhaps these will be more humane than the current Israeli patrols.

HA! That's exactly what I thought when I read this. At least robots don't stoop to using captured civilians as human shields.

It is interesting to see how many military robots are coming into public light. The U.S. Army even has a program in place now for what can only be described as "SkyNet". (google: Future Combat System)

I am interested in being around to see the first international conflict where robots are used against robots.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by N1cotine]

join