It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth was suppose to house dinosaurs not humans.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wish I could think of a more compelling name for the topic. Anyone ever think about that? Humans are a fluke here on Earth. If Earth used to be home of the Dinosaurs then I wonder what other creatures are on other planets. Maybe they dont look all that wacky. If another astroid was to hit earth and kill off our race, I wonder what would replace us. What if an astroid never struck Earth. I wonder if dino's would have evolved into those Super Mario movie ones.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega Pickle
Wish I could think of a more compelling name for the topic. Anyone ever think about that? Humans are a fluke here on Earth. If Earth used to be home of the Dinosaurs then I wonder what other creatures are on other planets. Maybe they dont look all that wacky. If another astroid was to hit earth and kill off our race, I wonder what would replace us. What if an astroid never struck Earth. I wonder if dino's would have evolved into those Super Mario movie ones.

I always knew Bowser was real! I knew it!!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
For a long time I have thought humans to be some evolutionary mistake or a failed bioligical experiment. Seems like humans have the most problems physically and mentally from birth than any other species. Bad genetic coding maybe? Too bad they can't "patch" us...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Everything is a fluke. Going by evolution, we are more likely to have things wrong with us because we are a very "new " species. A few million more years of Natural selection and we should be all right

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A very good book to read about humans, intelligent life and flukes is called Probability 1 by Amir Aczel. It is one of the best books I ever read. Very compelling.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Seems like humans have the most problems physically and mentally from birth than any other species. Bad genetic coding maybe? Too bad they can't "patch" us...

I think this is more because that we dont allow the weak to die like in nature, that trims out most physically and mentally disabled in the wild

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Amuk, you bring up a good point. Most christians argue"Well, if we suppose to evolve, how come we havn't in so long?" Well, because we keep the weak alive. In nature a deer with one leg missing or a vision problem or breathing problem would die out quickly. But with humans, we raise the weak, the sick, and the disabled anyways. Well, so do some chimps and gorillas and others in our family(Great Ape) can and will raise one with a problem. But not all, Great Apes in Asia are less likely to raise a ape with say, one arm than one in South America. Just like with humans in the past. In the past if disabled or something, were killed by christians for being possesed by the devil, killed by Mauslims for being shunned by Allah, and were saved and raised by the Jews to live long happy lives.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well if humans were to evolve im sure it would start in our brain this time. Our heads would grow and therefore require the birth canal to widen. if that was to happen women would be all lopsided and stuff, bow leged etc.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I think this is more because that we dont allow the weak to die like in nature, that trims out most physically and mentally disabled in the wild

I don't know if that is a fault or a Strength to be honest. We do care for the weak out of compassion and caring.

Also I don't know why its that big of a deal because the children of a quadraplegic will not be born a quadraplegic. People who are retarded have given birth to children who are way above average in intelligence.

So I just don't see caring for the weak as a fault.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Black Jackal, we meant in a evolution stand. I agree, we should help our race, no matter what is wrong with them. It is just in the world, they would have died off, so forth.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

So I just don't see caring for the weak as a fault.

I am not saying it is a fault but until we get genetics down it does cause a strain on the species as a whole for the reasons stated above. A lot of things ARE passed down that would not be in the wild.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
god dropped a jar of humans by mistake and soo humans are real

the jar containes a naked woman and a man

once the jar dropped to earth it broke and humans are FREEEEEEEE

free to reproduce

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
god dropped a jar of humans by mistake and soo humans are real

the jar containes a naked woman and a man

once the jar dropped to earth it broke and humans are FREEEEEEEE

free to reproduce

wow. jars?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
lol i saw a cartoon of it somewhere a hand from the sky drops a jar that was labeled humans

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Everything is a fluke. Going by evolution, we are more likely to have things wrong with us because we are a very "new " species. A few million more years of Natural selection and we should be all right

yeah, i agree. life itself in general is a fluke. planets forming were a fluke. hell, the universe itself is a fluke.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
well thats negative you mr oh so negative go be negative somewhere else....we were probably still being prefected before god accidentally dropped the jar....you crappy hoe stop saying we are all flukes you hoe

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Earth was suppose to house dinosaurs not humans.

how do we know there wasnt things before dinosaurs?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
jelly fish was the first thing that you can actually see easily

i read it in a magic school bus book when my son and i were readin it

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
you have a son? i thought you were young...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i said that to make you think i dont read magic school bus books.....ssshhhhhhh

this wasnt a lie im only 16 i mean how could i have a son

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by CookieMonster000]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join