It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Cycle Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 01:13 AM
link   
My friends and I have been tossing this one around for a while.

We formulated the idea that Time is a cycle, as opposed to a line, curve, or random string. At the beginning of the cycle is the start of life, at the end is the discovery of time travel and the technology to clone. A person from the end of the cycle uses the time travel to travel forwards to the beginning of the cycle and create cloned life, then the cycle starts again.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This somewhat aligns itself with the Buddhist conception of time being a circle. However I'm not sure how cloning fits in since cloning a human being, while having the same traits as the person, is a competely different human being. Maybe...soul transplantation would be more suitable. That's if you believe in that sort of stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
sounds logic to me but i am not sure about timetravel beeing the rason for a restart, could be something on a larger scale. but the premise that time is a circle is something i believe in for a long time, there has to be a beginning otherwise existence would not be possible.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That belongs to the two BigBang theories.

1.Possibility:

Since the BigBang happened the universe is expanding constantly and will always do it...which would lead to a straight time line.

2.Possibility:

After the BigBang the universe expands until it reaches some kind of treshhold and starts to contract again until it collapses and goes boom again...which would lead us to the rime circle theorie.

For me both theories sound pretty good but personally Im more attracted to the 2 theory as it fits much more into the natural cycle we all know and see everywhere in nature.

top topics

join