It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

earthquake swarms on west coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hello ATS, this is my first post!! I live in reno nevada less than a mile from the earthquake swarms that have produced over 1000 earthquakes since the start in late feb. of this year, the biggest has been a 4.7, and scientists have no explanation of why they have been building in frequency and strength, instead of acting like ALL known earthquakes...

what i am wondering is does anyone think the H.A.A.R.P. or something more diabolical is at hand? I know they are preparing for another large scale terror drill (false flag?) in the upper northwest, regarding massive earthquakes, etc.
Scientists cannot find a fault responsible for these quakes, and since i live so close to the epicenters, we feel on an average of 10 or so a day, and its hard to get any sleep. none are real big, cept for the 4.7, but when you are less than a mile from the start, it shakes the house breifly, just enough to keep you on edge..

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I am sorry, i beleive this is in the wrong area of ATS, probably explaining why noone has seen it....
can an admin please move it if it needs to be moved?

here is a link to show the current swarm over reno.... I really think this is more than just an "odd" occurance

quake.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
quake.wr.usgs.gov...

we have been having them all night and morning... the largest today, has been a 2.9 at 10:11 am .... they are now getting deeper than all the others..... i dont think this is a good sign of things to come.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Keep in mind that Lake Tahoe is an extinct volcano and its "hotspot" would have moved north to the Reno area right about now. So to me this is no suprise that there is new activity there.

I dont think there is any foul play here...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Creedo

Cept that the experts have said there is no link to ANY volcanic activity, or ANY relation to any known fault system in the area.

they are not originating from the tahoe basin, they are a couple miles west of reno

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That is partially true. There is no current active volcanic hotspot perse... However, just as in the case of the Hawaiiaan Islands the initial hotspot that was closest to the surface of the Earth has now moved towards the North. Hawaii's has moved south and is very active. The fissures and faults still remain in the Tahoe/Reno area even though the magma is no longer close enough to the surface to concider these quakes as volcanic in nature.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am not trying to argue anything, I am aware of almost all theories behind these quakes, what i dont like is that most all including what you mentioned has been brought up with experts through the local papers online discussion, and scientists at the UNR seismology , have not ben able to find ANY explanation for this, they wont even say we "think" it is because of........ Thats what i am worried about, I truly dont believe, nor would want to believe, that HAARP is involved, I think mother nature is mad, and ready to make some changes....

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yea if the scientific community surrounding this investigation has been comming up perplexed, it is understandable to be a little on edge about the quakes. I live over by Sacramento so if it is something big in the making then I probably need to have an evacuation plan of some sorts.... it does sound like something is around the corner.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I believe there have been several quakes in Portland, OR as well. Don't know if they're related. Here is a map of worldwide earthquakes - I've followed it for about a year or 2 and it seems to be pretty accurate. Hope this helps you be able to follow the quakes more.

www.iris.edu...

Keep us posted OK? Hope you will be OK.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

with the weather in the midwest, looks like this could be the "birthpangs" of revelations in the New Testament

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I do not believe we are in the throws of revelations or the end of days, but I DO believe that we are at the threshold of a major seismic event, and a lot of people are tired of all the press coverage of evry little quake, but with over 5000 quakes in less than 70 days, it is truly something to NOT ignore.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by christiansoldier
I believe there have been several quakes in Portland, OR as well. Don't know if they're related.

Keep us posted OK? Hope you will be OK.

it's pretty normal for portland to have small quakes. We have a few fault lines that run right through the city and it has a tendancy to act up every now and then. Its nothing unusual at all. I've been following the volcanic and seismic activity in this area for 10 years now. Those quakes are tiny quakes that are not felt. Who knows though, it could start building up like reno.

I've already started nagging my husband *he does the grocery shopping* to start getting us a 72 hour food / water kit. We also have two kitties and we have to think of them as well.

Needless to say, if anything big happens in portland, posting on here will be one of the things I do. I'm that addicted

Tela

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Creedo

UNR Seismology sez reason not magma related is depth of the events. These are relatively shallow events 1-4 miles deep.

top topics

join