It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Iraq Commander Accuses Bush Admin Of 'Gross Incompetence'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Ex-Iraq Commander Accuses Bush Admin Of 'Gross Incompetence'

rawstory.com

In a new memoir set to be published May 6, the former commander of US forces in Iraq provides new intimate details of the goings-on at high levels of the Bush Administration in the first year of the Iraq war.

His sharp tongued conclusion: "Hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars were unnecessarily spent, and worse yet, too many of our most precious military resource, our American soldiers, were unnecessarily wounded, maimed, and killed as a result. In my mind, this action by the Bush administration amounts to gross incompetence and dereliction of duty."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Uh-oh...Looks like ANOTHER can of worms is about to be opened!

A former commander was set up as a "fall guy" (a recurring theme with this admin), and it looks like he's pissed off enough to start speaking out about it!

This is worth a read and keeping an eye on IMO!

And the investigators were now telling me that the plan called for a Phase IV (after combat action) operation that would last twelve to eighteen months...
"That decision set up the United States for a failed first year in Iraq," he concludes. "There is no question about it. And I was supposed to believe that neither the Secretary of Defense nor anybody above him knew anything about it? Impossible! Rumsfeld knew about it. Everybody on the NSC knew about it, including Condoleezza Rice, George Tenet, and Colin Powell. Vice President Cheney knew about it. And President Bush knew about it."

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I was just about to post this from a different source, but glad to see it's on the board. Quite a few revelations of Rumsfeld's attempts to plead ignorance and cover it up.

Here's the TIME article on the same topic.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So... when is this guy due to "commit suicide"?
This is due out May 6, eh? We shall see if it actually happens...

It's certainly time for those like him to be 'stepping up' to fully expose these things and this Admin.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Is it really "gross incompetence," though? Or is it "gross competence?"

top topics

join