It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo sighting in Saltcoats, Scotland (with video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
www.ardrossanherald.com...

"TWO Herald readers have been stunned after seeing what they believe to be alien space crafts hovering through the skies of Saltcoats.

Alex Gibb, 34, had been sitting in his home on Saughtree Avenue when he spotted the four strange lights at around 9pm.

He doesn;t believe in UFO's and so he went outside to investigate and took some shocking footage which can be seen below.

Alison Kelly was in Adams Road in Saltcoats at the same time when she saw the unusual sight and she and her family were gobsmacked at the sight."

Finally!! The aliens are in Scotland for some Irn Bru n haggis ^_^

Lets hear your opinions people.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Awesome video...thanks for posting it trilateral...

Gorgeous sunrise or sunset too...well interesting at first I thought it was going to be a triangle UFO, but it had 4 lights that seemed to move position. Very interesting video...there's been a lot of sightings over in the UK...glad someone finally got one on film...looks like the last set of lights seen over Phoenix, AZ lately too.

Good job, starred and flagged...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by trilateral

Looked like large white birds (swans?), reflecting the sunset light.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
From what I saw they hadn't moved, but I maybe wrong, also looks a bit too high up for birds, again, could be wrong.

thanks. EMM

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wow that was a great spot!

Seeing that close up and having the good fortune of having a good zoomable video camera is great stuff

What ever it was, it did indeed seem to be stationary for a long while then slowly drifts a small bit.

Ace stuff.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Interesting footage, although sadly not long or detailed enough to draw any firm conclusions from.

I just read the article; does anyone else find it funny when they use phrases like "he doesn't believe in UFOs"? Whether or not UFOs are of extraterrestial origin or man made, I don't think after so many reports there can be any question over if or not they are a real phenomena.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
cool a steady shot!!
could it be birds reflecting the sun? not sure either way.. to hard to tell

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is where I live and i've dont ever remember seeing any balloon's or swans etc flying around this area.

There's been a few sightings in a town just a few miles along the coast as well.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm from the area and I saw the lights.

They appeared to be on fire, and from the point I saw them slowly raised into the sky before fading away.

About half an hour later, I seen another single light raise from the ground about a mile away from me and float straight up.

At the time, I thought they were Chinese lanterns and in the local paper this week, a lady has said they were having a garden party at the time and let off some Chinese lanterns.

So, Chinese lanterns for me.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by kegs]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A short update:

Saltcoats UFO - Latest
By Kevin Paterson
Published: Tuesday, 6th May, 2008 16:00 (local time)

HERALD reporters have been in contact with the MET office, Prestwick Airport and other agencies in an attempt to discover the origins of these unusual lights.

Further exclusive pictures have been obtained from quick thinking eye witnesses, who used their high tech camera phones to capture the strange phenomenon.

News of the sightings has also spread across the Atlantic and been discussed on air on an American radio station, and featured on several International websites.

FOR THE FULL STORY AND EXCLUSIVE PICTURES, SEE THE FORTHCOMING EDITION OF THE ARDROSSAN AND SALTCOATS HERALD – OUT ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 7

'UFO's sighted in Saltcoats - comments

My friends and I saw one light on Saturday night towards the top-end of Saltcoats and on Sunday night at the same time, me and my family saw four of them above Corsankell wynd. I thought it maybe weather balloons with the sunset reflecting off them but after their movement pattern, I was left unsure of what they were.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Umm.. damn.

This annoys the hell out of me.

I don't suppose there is anyone in Saltcoats with an EOS digital and a 400-500mm lens?

Baring flights to Iceland or some-such it doesn't even look like it's in the Prestwick flight corridor.

Weather balloons go up one at a time about an hour or an hour and a half apart max and not in groups of three, where as three air lanterns seem a bit stingy for a party and shouldn't illuminate as much unless they are burning magnesium and just so happen to be threaded together at that altitude....

Annoying indeed.

Did anyone here who witnessed the phenomena give me a guesstimate as to the time scale involved?

Cheers.

Absence.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I agree with whoever said this looks like whatever was filmed in Phoenix recently. I don't believe that its helium balloons with flares.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
reply to post by trilateral

Looked like large white birds (swans?), reflecting the sunset light.

Would love you to expand more on what made you think these were reflective swans.
Don't swans normally fly in a V formation?

[edit on 8-5-2008 by drummerboyG]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Update

MORE SIGHTINGS OF STRANGE LIGHTS AT SALTCOATS
By Fiona Simpson
AFTER last week’s reports of strange lights over the skies of Saltcoats, the Herald office has been inundated by readers who also spotted the bizarre lights on Sunday, April 27.

So far there has been no logical explanation for the strange sighting but there have been suggestions of a meteor shower and Chinese lanterns.

Anne Duff, 45 of Auchanshangan Drive, Saltcoats believes it could have been a meteor shower and said: “I only caught the tail end of the lights. When I saw them, four of them were fading away and then one light appeared brighter than all the others. I think it could have been a meteor shower as they sort of disintegrated into the sky.

“My daughter and her friend had been driving home and spotted the four lights before I did. She said they looked like a meteor shower as they broke up rapidly and sort of burned out but she isn’t sure as they came from the earth rather than going from the sky to the ground.

“I really don’t know how to explain them myself. They were very different and definitely not an aircraft but it was really nice to see.”

However, another local resident, Allison Thompson, who took pictures on her camera phone, is convinced that they are not a meteor shower but could well be aliens.

She said: “I saw five lights in the sky near my house on Dykesmains Road. They were very high up and were like orange balls of fire. They didn’t fade away at first but three of them turned into squares and flew off into the clouds.

More...

Read full article here

From the comments section:

Hello from .... Germany,
your actual UFO-sighting is very ordinary here in Germany. Since 12 months we get in our UFO-Center CENAP all weekends exact such reports from all parts of the nation. To call am number: 600 times! Right 600 times in 12 months. It´s ever the same thing: Relativly cheap Asian Skylaterns ! Seen in the nightsky ist it like a scene from Spielberg's 'Close Encounter...'-film.

See here our own experiments for inducing UFO-sights here by YouTube:
www.youtube.com... - www.youtube.com... .

Best from Germany

Werner Walter - www.cenap.de...

[edit on 8/5/2008 by internos]

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LateApexer313
this was my video and my story , distorted by the Ardrossan Herald for their own agenda , i tried telling them that this was chinese lanterns , we found this out the next day but they didnt want to hear that , next story please [ that sells papers ]

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gibby129

so now you have the chance to open a new thread with the original video telling us what happened and please don't forget to mention this thread and link it

new topics

top topics

join