It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Quakes Rock the West

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

That is scary. I hope everyones helps thy neighbor should this be the big one on or before the 5th. I think we need some Divine intervention after seeing how bad our area on the ring of fire has been shaking over the last few weeks.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yeah, I think with all the quakes so spread out along the ring of fire that we are seeing I believe that we are going to have a large quake for sure. Yellowstone is its own system and gets its lava from deep below it.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I have been following Stan Deyo (standeyo.com) on both his "visions" and his analysis of the quakes (not just the Nevada ones).

He has a new post as of May 2nd that is very interesting: www.standeyo.com...

The specific interesting piece is "This [the Nevada earquakes] simply can't be a natural event."

Stan Deyo and Steve Quayle did a recent podcast (available at stevequayle.com) on the world earthquakes which was very interesting. If you have any interest in current earthquakes events, I would suggest listening to this podcast.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I missed Stan on C2C, but I just looked at his map. Bizarre. That's all I can say. Click on the "earthquake explosion" link as well.

FEMA's doing a "mock earthquake drill" in Carson City too.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Anyone from Reno or Nevada heard of any wells or springs drying up?

These quakes, which sound alot like foreshocks seem to be reminiscent of what I have read about Pompeii.

The Romans grew used to minor earth tremors in the region; the writer Pliny the Younger writing that they "were not particularly alarming because they are frequent in Campania". In early August of 79, springs and wells dried up. Small earthquakes started taking place on 20 August, 79 becoming more frequent over the next four days, but the warnings were not recognised (it is worth noting the Romans had no word for volcano, and only a hazy concept of other similar mountains like Mount Etna, home of Vulcan), and on the afternoon of 24 August, a catastrophic eruption of the volcano started. The eruption devastated the region, burying Pompeii and other settlements. By coincidence it was the day after Vulcanalia, the festival of the Roman god of fire.

en.wikipedia.org...

If Wells or Springs dry up I would highly advise people in the area to get out. This isn't an absolute indicator of volcanic activity but has also happened before other major seismic events. Don't be complacent. Complacency gets people killed.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seircram

That earthquake explosion thing is a lie. I guess they just like making things up on his site so they have something to talk about. I think anyone who believes that our government has anything to do with the earthquakes that are happening in Alaska and the whole western U.S. needs to have their head examined.

Now if we only had quakes in Reno and not the whole U.S. ring of fire area with quakes very similar then you could have some validity in thinking someone may be tunneling under the area.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Yes that would be a good indication. People should also be alerted if the water starts smelling like sulfur when it has not before. I would also start looking around the area to see if a group of trees and the grass around it has started to die.

Two days and counting till the new moon, Lets pray hard and hope for the best.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Hasn't that happened around around large swaths of Yellowstone, the sulfur and dead vegetation? I still dont know if Yellowstone is connected. I 'm more worried about Nevada. One area, Mogul 20 miles outside Reno, has had 1,000 earthquakes in two months. Thats not a typo, again 1000 earthqaukes. Egad.

In addition to this from what I have been reading about large swarms like this, is that its an indicator of a large flow of Magma. Large Magma flows are not a good thing.

BTW, there's a volcanic eruption in Chile. Hundreds have been evacuated. www.alertnet.org...

[edit on 3/5/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
From another thread www.abovetopsecret.com... I'd like to bring this map with the Tremors dotted in.

from this site

It's most peculiar. Manmade or natural?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think its absurd to think that the government in involved in earthquakes... even the underground hydrogen bomb tests didn't produce significent earthquakes, local shudders yes but that was it.

As for yellowstone, there is another super caldera in the area called (if my recollection serves me) Long valley in eastern California and it has been releasing sulpher for some time now.

One interesting thing I read recently is that with the glaicers melting, new mountains such as the rockies and the andies and the alps are growing again because the massive weight of all that ice is being removed. I will try and find the original story... it was quite recent so it shouldn't be hard.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
OK so it wasn't that recent but I read it recently. Still its still interesting aand I wonder if it applies.

Taller Mountains Blamed on Global Warming, TooBy Ker Than, LiveScience Staff

posted: 04 August 2006 03:38 pm ET

The mountains in Europe are growing taller and melting glaciers are partly responsible, scientists say.

Heavy glaciers cause the Earth's crust to flex inward slightly. When glaciers disappear, the crust springs back and the overlaying mountains are thrust skyward, albeit slowly.

The European Alps have been growing since the end of the last little Ice Age in 1850 when glaciers began shrinking as temperatures warmed, but the rate of uplift has accelerated in recent decades because global warming has sped up the rate of glacier melt, the researchers say.

www.livescience.com...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Made to look amazing when all those quakes are in the same place (Reno) area. They are as natural as the sun light over our heads. Nothing on earth man made can unleash that much energy, Nothing.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

A poster in this thread mentioned hearing on the radio that sulfur smells have been reported at Lake Tahoe. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This could be very dire. If anyone knows anyone near the Reno, Mogul, or Lake Tahoe area, confirmation is needed about any Sulfur smells and drops in the in the water table.

If there are more reports of sulfur smells and drops in the water table, people need to get out of the area quickly.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

The author of the other thread, downtown436, who "have studied earthquake activity for the last 10 years" claims to "have never seen anything remotely like this." Speculation goes from underground nuclear detonations caving out a huge undergroud base to HARP.

It sure is a perfect circular pattern, but then again nature works in circles. A super vulcano building? Blowing the Western states to smitherns? Imagine what the rest of the US --or the fundamentalist US-- would make of this if Calif goes to the Sea ...and the administration would use it for.

*Shuddering*

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I haven't heard anything about springs drying up, or a sulpher smell at Lake Tahoe. I'll poke around and see what I can find out. Water levels are down because we're in a drought. Also, I read that in Idaho after a quake, some springs dried up, while in other locations, springs appeared.

And getting out, is easier said than done. Believe me, if I had money to burn, I'd rent a house in another state for a while. On that subject-- anyone want to buy a house that really rocks?

And yes, UNR seismologists pretty much just shrug their shoulders about all this. No one's looking to them for answers. If they have any, they're not telling us.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
JohnnyAnonymous has opened up a thread in ATSmix for questions on this to forwarded to Stan Deyo
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am from reno (ground zero), and have not noticed anything out of sorts with smells, but i have noticed that immediatly before a 1.5 or bigger quake that we have been having, all the birds go suddenly quiet.. the birds woke me up this morning at first sunrise, then they all went quiet, and we had a small quake hit...

Pigeons are acting weird around my house, grouping in numbers i never seen before, and after a day of quakes, they seem to be a little more aggressive towards each other, then before..... dont know, kind wierd

All i Ask, is that if a big one hits, please let me be close to my little daughter.... I dont like her being on the epicenters, and me being 15 minutes away...(5 minutes at 100mph) which i WILL be doing if we get a big one

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

Same here-- let me be home if it hits. Have you noticed that now southwest Reno is beginning to have small quakes? (opposite side of town from NW Reno epicenter.)

Things seem to have calmed down, but in the past two days, I have seen four or five dogs running loose-- two sets in pairs-- like they'd gotten out of their yards. Don't like that, as Jim Berkland (syzygyjob.com) uses the lost pets ads in the newspapers as one aspect of his earthquake prediction method. My own dogs are jumpy-- every little creak, they go outside through their dog door. They've also been waking me two or three times during the night-- probably the small quakes we have, that are so noticeable when you're on the epicenter. I also noticed while driving yesterday that there were a number of birds sitting in the road that didn't fly when I approached, so I had to slow down and go around them. Kind of strange.

On the positive side, I haven't felt that constant vibration in the ground for about five days now. That really made me nervous.

I know there is a rupture or crack in the ground in Somersett (epicenter) that's been there at least two years. My bf worked over there and told me about it. The builder kept telling the dozer operators to fill it in, but next morning it would always be visible again.

Also not forgetting there used to be a hot springs bath/spa right over here off the old 4th street along highway 80. It's been closed as long as I've been here, but the old building is still there by the river.

[edit on 5/7/08 by kattraxx]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've also noticed here in reno, about more and more dogs on the loose... ive caught a few this week, and called there owners, some of the dogs were a mile or so away from there home.....
have you noticed any weirdness fromthe pigeons? I have had about 20 or so at one point, all on my rooftop, at least 3 have made a nest, and one bird disapeared after laying 2 eggs, one fell out on my sidewalk, and the other one hatched, but a few days later, both mama and baby were gone.... 2 days later a diferent bird is in the same nest and laying more eggs, ...

i hear a lot more howling from dogs lately, much more noticible than before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join