It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG I have to get up for DAYSHIFT!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I wont hear the alarm. I set 3 alarms and didn't hear any of them.

I am so used to working the arvo shifts and now they do this to me. OMG

Just how am I going to get to work on time?? My body clock is used to sleeping in until 9. Routine... wake up, relax take my time.. get to work by 4pm. Now a day shift just to throw me in a spin.

For goodness sake!!!

I don't know what I am going to do. I will be late for work. I just know it.

Maybe I should stay up all night?

LOL

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Don't worry Thurisaz, I'm sure that at least one of those alarms will do the trick. Do you have anyone that can give you a wake up call?

I worked the night shift long ago. It was actually harder for me to get up for that shift than the day shift, but I'm a morning person.

Good luck!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
awww that sucks that they did this to you

Maybe you should invest in one of those extra loud alarm clocks ?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If you live near a truck stop go buy one of those trucker sleep timers. It's not really a clock, you just set it for so many hours and minutes and it counts down.

When it goes off it sounds like screaming demons from Hell or a very loud smoke alarm. You have to push buttons in a certain sequence to turn it off, but that makes sure you're awake.
They're battery operated so you can take it anywhere and they're about the size and shape of a flashlight.

I always preferred the night shift myself. Less people around and I had the day to sleep or do other stuff. Right now I'm on call 24/7 and I hate it.

EDIT: I looked up the product for you. It's had a design change since I last had one, but it's the same thing basically.

It's called the Screaming Meanie because it sounds an extremely loud alarm until you turn it off. Created for long-haul truck drivers, the Screaming Meanie is designed to get you out of bed, no matter what. We also find it useful in a noisy situation where an alarm must be heard, or for anyone with hearing loss who is looking for a very loud alarm.

# three volume settings - 70 dB, 90 dB and 120 dB
# final alarm is preceded by 2 "warning" alarms which can be silenced with a single button press
# final alarm requires pressing three buttons simultaneously, so you must wake up
# use as a timer or an alarm clock
# BEACON function activates alarm for 10 seconds every 5 minutes
# internal battery tester
# indigo backlight
# removable belt clip
# easy to set
# uses 1 9-volt battery (not included)

www.soundbytes.com...

I guarantee this sucker will get you awake......

[edit on 2/5/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
wooo hooo

I woke up at 6.55 am
Just having a coffee.

I woke up before the alarms.. he he he

but I resorted to relying on (as well as my alarm) hitting my head against the pillow 7 times before I went to sleep so I would wake up at 7.

Old wives tale but he he he it worked. So, I will get to work on time

I am covering for someone who is sick so usually don't have to work dayshifts.
phew...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
When it goes off it sounds like screaming demons from Hell or a very loud smoke alarm. You have to push buttons in a certain sequence to turn it off, but that makes sure you're awake.
They're battery operated so you can take it anywhere and they're about the size and shape of a flashlight.

lmao... screaming demons from Hell....

what a way to wake up!!!!!!

thanks for posting the info about it!

I am reluctant though, the sounds of screaming demons from Hell bit....

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

thanks for posting the info about it!

I am reluctant though, the sounds of screaming demons from Hell bit....

You're welcome for the information, and I will admit that when this thing goes off at the 120 decibel setting it will wake up half the neighborhood. The sound is a real shock to the system unless you're passed out drunk or in a coma.

I'd never heard of hitting your head on the pillow for a wake-up time, but really, your internal clock is the best one you can ever have. I've relied on mine many times when I had to catch a flight or be at an important meeting. Hotel desks are not very reliable for wake-up calls in my experience.

The trucker alarm I had years ago was fantastic. I could lay down for a couple hours and be sure I'd wake up on time.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thurizas,
Here's a little advice for your physiological sanity.
Two hours before bed time, take a calcium supplement (calcium, magnesium, zinc, complex)and some melatonin.
These will help your body say, "Oh it is time to go to sleep"
Do not expect miraculous effects immediately, but your body need help to adjust and this is harmless, and helpful.

In the morning to boos your self take a protein drink, and your other vitamins.
It is extremely hard on the body to adjust to such conditions, so be nice to your self.

WIS

[edit on 2-5-2008 by WalkInSilence]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

That's good to hear.
I could never get used to waking up in the morning when I worked the day-shift and would usually take an hour or two before I fully awoken. I suppose staying up late gaming didn't help much.

In my effort to find that screaming meanie alarm, I came across the strangest assortment of alarms.

World's Biggest Alarm Clock:

Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock:

High Tech Extra Loud Flying Alarm Clock:

Yoko-Ono Alarm Clock:

new topics

top topics

join