It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4% of priests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
HA HAHA good thats what all the jesus loves get for sending their children to church...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
There is definitly something wrong with the catholic church and the high number of paedophile priest.

I'm surprised the percent isn't higher. Let's face it, becoming a priest isn't exactly something normal little boys aspire to become. Given the proper clinical evaluation I'm fairly confident an overwhelming majority of priests ARE GAY, with a much higher number than 4% having been traumatized in youth themselves at some point and thus out of guilt are becoming priests and ultimately predators in the full cycle of child abuse.

The Catholic Church is a breeding ground for dysfunction and magnet for the patently "guilty" seeking attonement for what the Chruch itself convinced them was wrong to bgin with. So it's a self perpetuating environment of homosexuality and peadophilia. You CAN be a healthy homosexual, but not in THAT environment. The Church makes those borderline cases, thus more perverted with easy access to kids. Not to mention it's the perfect cover job for a predator. Power, above reproach, forgiveness, access to kids and vunerable people subject to the will of others.

In the larger scope of things, some of the most "religious minded" people from all denominations are always the most perverted, constantly seeking forgiveness. Look at Swaggart, Jim Bakker... heck BUSH for that matter. Alot of alcoholic party boys turn to God as their next addiction. Then use the church to continue their dry drunk thinking in yet another version. Truly pious, non manipulative bible thumpers rarely exist.

If it's not the sex, it's the power. If it's not the power, it's the money. Religion is the most abused drug in the world. Hands down.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Shocking, absoloutely horrible stuff. It goes to show more of the wonders of religion in our present day. It's more like 4% have been caught thus far..

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
~*~

I think that 4% figure is P.R. , Spin !!
*[precisely to make it palatable, as is similar to % in world population & homosexual behaviors in animal kingdom]...making IT normal? acceptable to society...

the more likely # of sexual dysfunctional clergy in the Roman catholic Church.... 20-25 %
[clerics' ain't usually brutes,jocks,macho, et al]

BTW....i think the 3rd Fatima Secret...(kept undisclosed by Popes ; Pius XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John-Paul & John-Pul II] which was Supposed To Be Revealed in 1960 or 1961...was kept secret because the reaction to revealing that 1/4 of roman catholic clergy were sexual preverts would have Collapsed the Church, and Rationalizing away by the Vatican made this an ongoing situation

[FWIW]-> the post by RANT & others is informative...

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by riffraffalunas]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves.

1. Accused of molestation does not equal guilty of molesting. You know...that's a sort of precept of our judicial system.

The Church is an institute. And institute many people dislike. In this case, many people think it's perfectly OK for someone to be guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Only 4% this seems very low.

It is either not a true number or the problem is not much worse than that in secular society.

I find it hard to believe that the numbers in secular society are that high.

Does anybody have the stats on this one?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
It disgusts me all the same, but keep in mind that these numbers may be from over many decades. I'm wondering, is this 4% current priests, or all those that have been ordained since the 50s?

I dont know I just caught it as I was going to work

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I found out. It's 4% of priests from the last 50 years.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

1. Accused of molestation does not equal guilty of molesting. You know...that's a sort of precept of our judicial system.

I agree 100%.

I am sure some accusations are false but I am equally sure a lot of it has not been reported. And as I have said before if the problem is this bad here in the states I wonder hiow bad it is in other countries where the church holds a lot more sway, as in Mexico or South America.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Rant

I think you summed a lot of it up in your post, thanks

I just wonder HOW corrupt this church is?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join