It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4% of priests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I just seen on the news (CNN) that 4% of the priests have been acused of child molestion. Think about that.

One in twenty-five. I am not sure of the stats on people as a whole but surley this is high.

Thats just those that have been acused, how many others are there that have not been found yet?

Is it just me or does there appear to be something a LOT more sinister than a hand full of coverups of a few wayword priests?

I think there needs to be a worldwide investigation of the whole church.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What's scarier are the ones that have yet to come forward if they ever will. The catholic church is finally paying for its wrong-doings...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Shows a nice level of psychopathic and hypocritic behavior of the Church. What the people don't know won't hurt'em scenario... well the people now are finding out... let's see their next move.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A few things I have come to piece together.

The Catholic church has been considered by some to be nothing but a coverup for the illuminati.

ALSO: The Illuminati has strong overtones of homosexuality and paedophelia. Not in general, but in the more higher-ups...at least, This is what I've heard.

Connection?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yea that's crazy!!!! What make me mad is that the church is a bunch of hypocrites. They cover up when priest rape little boys but are against gay marriage. Which is worse, a man having sex with a little boy against his will or a man have sex with another man.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i think the real number would be higher than 4%

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

ALSO: The Illuminati has strong overtones of homosexuality and paedophelia. Not in general, but in the more higher-ups...at least, This is what I've heard.

Anyone that has read my posts know I do not see seceret socities under every rock but something is wrong here, and I think the paedophelia is just the tip of the iceburg. I am not even sure what I am trying to say with this but when that many people in an organisation are involved in activities such as these it is not an abdnomally it is "normal".

There place in third world countries alone would be a paradise for child-slavers.

People this is not right.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is definitly something wrong with the catholic church and the high number of paedophile priest.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes, 4% have been accused. But know what? less than .01% of them have been punished for it. Some of them raped several boys for several years, and yet are still being protected by the church. If they are doing this, what else are they doing we don't know about?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The report's findings have been known for a couple of weeks now, but its just now making some headlines.

I find it sick that the catholic church would allow this to continue within their ranks and am glad I'm not a member of their organization. Everyone who knew about this and allowed it to continue should be fired immediately without a second thought, but it won't happen.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Everyone who knew about this and allowed it to continue should be fired immediately without a second thought, but it won't happen.

Fired!?! More like prosicuted!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
And if this is happining here in the USA just think of what is going on in the third world countries where there is less, if that is possible, oversight. I am not bashing catholics, I used to be one, but something VERY bad is going on here. From the outside this looks like the worlds largest paedophile ring and if this was any other organization they would be dismantled and prossecuted.

And as I said before I think this is only tip of the iceburg, what else has been going on that has been covered up for the good of the church?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Fired!?! More like prosicuted!
Yeah, that too.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
really, what does it say for a religion when many of its highest authorities break the rules that members must confess to them. obviously these priests dont believe what they are preaching, if they are disobeying the word of their own god.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
What it tells me is that most of these so called "holy" priests neither love or fear God. We all get tempted, but yielding to temptation is something else. What priest would do these things knowing God sees all ?

I believe there is a spiritual war going on between the worlds true spiritual religions, and the satanic dark side. The satanists are winning by making use of the secret societies. The priests that have sold out have nothing further to lose.

It is no secret that within the church there are moves to undermine the traditional Catholic values in many diverse ways. While the church still exists, and many are faithful, there is a central core of corrupt officials leading right up to, but not yet including the Pope.

So just because all these horrors are being covered up, that does not mean the whole church is rotten. Not yet anyway. I believe we are now entering into the end times, and it is going to be really tough for all of us pretty soon.

I believe God will soon make his position clear in some way, and we get to choose sides. Things simply cannot go on like this for much longer, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It disgusts me all the same, but keep in mind that these numbers may be from over many decades. I'm wondering, is this 4% current priests, or all those that have been ordained since the 50s?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The priests have been all over the news, for quite some time now. I agree with Amuk- the numbers are high...there has to be more behind the situation.
As a teenager, I guess about 13, I went to the local catholic church with a friend. The parish was small- and the priest was very friendly. Now I know...I just had a feeling in the church, while in his presence that I did not like...and I have never been to another catholic service since.
I won't even capitalize the name. It is evil, and there is much harm done by the evil in these priests- yet it goes on and on.....Seems as though I hear of a new one every other month or so- even here where I live.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Only 4% this seems very low.

It is either not a true number or the problem is not much worse than that in secular society.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I just seen on the news (CNN) that 4% of the priests have been acused of child molestion. Think about that.

One in twenty-five. I am not sure of the stats on people as a whole but surley this is high.

Oh yes, way too high. There shouldn't have been even one among them. And I don't have to doubt the reason why the Church keeps translating the law against pedophilia to become a law against homophilia. And why are the priests not allowed to comment on anything sexual about the Church? An order from the "holy" exhalted pope himself. For all I know there crawls a longlived serpent within the Church. And I want to see it's blood.

They seem to live by the rule "if a law frames you, change the law".

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves.

1. Accused of molestation does not equal guilty of molesting. You know...that's a sort of precept of our judicial system.

2. memory is NOT infaalable. It is, in fact, quite easy to create false memories. Therapists do it every day, usually by accident.

While I am as horrified and shocked as the rest of you, I demand hard proof that the acts were commited. These accusations are quite grievous, and have a tendency to resurface even if the allegatiosn are dropped. before we run and judge these people, we shoudl first validate the claims. Accusations of molestation do not go away. Even if they are disproved, these people would be treated with suspicion the rest of their lives. As much as I dislike the Catholic Church, I also hate the ruination of people's lives.

DE

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join