It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Balance in media reporting and thinking generally?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hi,

I have a Chomskian message to all those biased people out there, who think that Iran is currently the source of all chaos and misery in Iraq. This post is mainly about the bias in reporting and thinking in western world.

As Iranian military support to Iraqi resistance groups is now a hot issue, I'd like to remind you about few things - this is basically what Noam Chomsky tends to say in almost every speech and paper he puts out, and those familiar with his teachings will not find anything new from this post.

Anyway, why can US give support to various 'freedom fighter' groups around the world, whose sole purpose is to break down the existing government and establish a new one? Why cannot Iran do the same? Moreover, they have every reason to do so, because Iraq is it's neighbouring country and United States - if Iraq is ever stabilized - could use it as a stepping stone in attack against Iran and other surrounding countries?

So the question is, why in media and general thinking it is allowed for United States to support various violent groups, but no other country is allowed to do same?

I don't accept the Iranian support to violent groups, but neither I do accept similar actions by US. So, if the United States can do it, so should be Iran free to do it.

Fair game above all.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
have to say i agree with you on the facts that its very yellow journalism in the media and dare i say idiotic sometimes,

i mean i just dont get how they get a way with it
on one hand you have israel and the usa (currently in war) suppling each other with info and nukes and even blueprints for long rangemissiles as the jericho and what not , even openly speak about destroying other nations and thats just fine and dandy , not even a speck of media hanging ,( and dont start ranting about reasent media covers of usa / israeeli spies getting the info back and forth , its common knowlege that usa has aided israel with most of its materials,)

but then you have syria and iran ( both are in peace time) trying to build up their nations energy stocks and they are constantly blamed for the mishif in the region ,

even israel and palestina is just a big media joke how can the media be on israels side when its israeel whos occuping palestinian territory

you can only sell you soul once , shame on you all
crap.teurasporsaat.org...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Excellent post mate.

Maybe because of the recent story that shows that the government has been leading the media. That the American Government has been placing its own people in all sorts of high places in the media and been feeding the public complete and utter bull#e.

Therefore, to answer your question, the media is nothing more than a puppet for the government.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wow23

Thank you. And I think it's pretty much as you said. There are few more balanced mediahouses, but it appears they cannot get their voice out in larger scale. All the major media (even here in Finland) are under control of some kind of all seeing cencorship. It was yesterday when I tried to post a comment in my local newshouse(kaleva) about how the land - which is now known as Israel - once belonged to the Palestinians and is rightfully theirs (before some stupid englishman decided to give the land to the zionists.), and guess what? It didn't get through even it was politely phrased and everything. It's just amazing, because usually my comments gets thru very well.

[edit regarding the Opening Post: By the way, I don't like to "approve" violence of either side, but as long as it exists however, it is blatantly wrong to condemn actions of others, which you commit also by yourself!]

[edit on 3-5-2008 by v01i0]

new topics

top topics

join