It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Force Winds in Kansas City Mo.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Yeah, i live in Joplin, MO. I kept myself up all night to make sure of no tornadoes were coming. I grew up in Kansas and been through several.

well, as for weather tampering? I say no... storms have been like this for decades, it just seems they are heading more North lately.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I hope it doesnt hit me.....oh wait im in florida
j/k quakes, storms, hunger, war, I mean I know all generations go through this same stuff but man is it me or does something just not feel right...

PS Im moving back up to Iowa in June so I will be feeling your pain here soon

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have always felt an affinity towards excitement, and to tell the truth when ever I get the kids safety to shelter, I find myself outside looking at the phenomena. I am more comfortable outside and with the scary elements than stuck in a closed up basement or shelter.
Claustophobic? Maybe, or just plain stupid, lol, probably.

I know that one poster above See's this as a natural occurring phenomena, but honestly, I shake my head no. Perhaps I have more awareness or memory. Also once you go through the worst that nature has to throw at you, it somehow becomes more acceptable.

I was wondering if the HAARP people or whomever, is experimenting so as to get better at weather modification? I have to look at it in a positive light sometimes, and this morning I was hoping that through trial and error they are getting a better handle on weather manipulation for our benefit in the future. Not all and everything is out to get us.

Michio Kaku says that in the type one society, we will be able to control the weather, to divert hurricanes, stop devastating tornadoes, create water in drought, and sunshine where there is not. I figure there has to be a point where we are still in the trial and error stage right?

apc

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think we're at like 0.7.

Nothings really consistent year to year though as usual. One year will be totally benign and the next will be more like today. It's been like that for as long as I can remember. If somebody is tinkering with the weather I can't tell. But if they are I'd appreciate it if they could cook up some good electrical storms this year. I like the ones where the entire sky is a spiderweb of cloud-to-cloud without a drop of rain.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am glad to read you're all safe, this is truly unnerving and I too raised the question of weather modification/HAARP to my husband but he is not in the least convinced it may be such a force at work.

I am in no way experienced on these things but with all the recent incidents of earthquakes and tornadoes, and now this, across the US I can't help but wonder if this is indeed natural. It certainly does not seem so to me.

At the end of the day I just hope everyone in harm's way takes precaution and remains safe.

Bless.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I slept thru it. We got 2.4" of rain but when I woke up the sun was out. We'll probably get hit again though when I am at work.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This is a very serious event. Tornadoes and straight line winds in access of 70-80- miles per hour.
(

You're making a big deal really out of nothing. This stuff happens all the time and it's not HAARP of whatever else you're thinking of. Wind gusts up to 80 MPH is not a huge deal, and for hurricanes, it has to be sustained.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Not very Gallant of your Sir, and you do not have a house full of innocent beings to protect.

My Grandparents who are in their mid 90's have lived here all of their lives and have never seen weather like the past few years, ever. To have had that occasional 'special year', they still recall those clearly.

This and the sickness is new to them and very concerning for us younger ones they love.

You are completely off on what you find insignificant.

What this thread could have shown you is the bond between caring individuals during a severe situation. We were there for each other 1,000%.

And you know, we will be there for you too if you need us to be some day.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
here in independence MO, awoke to strong storms about 3 am. I had no idea that so much damage was caused until watching the morning news. I took Friday off.. which was a good thing since I did not get a lot of sleep lol.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You guys are so cool that cared enough to think about me.

Believe it or not I hopped a bus out of KC early morning on May 1st and missed the whole thing!

The weather is just completely unpredictable. ElNONO!

I am on a vacation that will culminate at Antars in a couple weeks. Hope lots of you will be there!

That is if the weather doesn't wipe us from the map!

Glad everyone who has posted here is alright!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

So glad that all must be ok with everyone, here or not. It was intense!
Keep safe and we will see you soon. I forgot to tell you you'll be here in Tornado season...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
IF that Huricane comes out like ANDREW you know it is being remote controlled for demolition purposes. Clear the land for change. Also notice how Andrew liked to back track like a car driver in an accident reversing to make sure its victim dead. If it goes for (large populations) assume the worst, that Hurricane is Intelligently Guided.

three things to look for:
WIND CHANGE
WIND PRECIPITATION
LONGEVITY OF HURRICANE

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

I agree with you 100% Mengaurd, this is not natural weather and it is manmade in my opinion, as was Katrina helped along with our new "expertise" in such matters!

Once again. I love the concern and care that members on this site show for one another. When I first joined here I felt like a minnow in a shark pond.

Now I know so many of you personally from u2u's and such and just was floored that you noticed that I was in the tornado danger zone and actually mentioned about my safety.

I love the interaction here, and thanks for allowing me to gush!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

More Tornadoes headed our way. What the heck is up here. I am just North of springfield and rotation is wide spread. used to be the Tornado ally that got this stuff so often. I feel like we are the bowling pins for ok.

Our members down in Arkansas are getting hit hard too.

Prayers go out to all.

The skies are an ominious looking yellowish green. the whole atmosphere is surreal.

Im headed out to go take a look again.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi Antar and others. I'm new.

I live 20 miles north of Rolla, and we've got some pretty loud thunder, and it's raining very hard. I hate it when it storms, because I live in a trailer, and the thought of flying through the air doesn't appeal to me.

This site is amazing. I've learned about so many new things that I never even had a clue about. How did that happen? I know...msm. See, I'm learning. Now I'm so paranoid, scared, and confused, I can hardly stand myself.

It's definitely addicting.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My oldest daughter and I went out storm chasing that Thursday evening of the middle of the night storms. We were perfectly positioned at 635 and I-70 for the Wyndotte storm that fell apart. By the time we went south towards Edgerton for another possible wall cloud, it had fallen apart.

All we got to see was heavy rain, some small hail, and a little outflow wind gusts.

We do some storm spotting in Johnson County for NWS and local county Emergency Management at times, if I have time. We've taken several classes, I'm a ham (radio type), so we talk direct over the Skywarn Net.

I heard the term "hurricane force" winds used that Friday morning describing the scenes in Gladstone. It's a shame the reporters are so proud of their ignorance they show it on live TV.

Tonight will be interesting for a while with just localized straight winds to 60 MPH as this low passes by.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This explains waking up to the sound of the roaring train. I am noticing that the headache is coming back, Outside looks like a green tinge kind of like looking through a diffused green light filter. Everything is calm just now. Birds singing, an almost warning sound. An Erie calm.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by antar]

Far Eastern Okla. here.
I remember the 5/2 storm very well. It went through here first. It was really bad and there was some light damage on my street.

To say the weather has been bizzare would be an understatement at best.

I am only on page 1 so I don't know if you've addressed this, but heads up cause we just had a bad storm line go through and it's headed your way.

A green, eerie sky, sudden loss of wind, the sound of a roaring train...yes, those are all bad signs when storms like these come through.

There is a train track a few miles from my house and when it's storming I tend to hold my breath WAITING for them to blow the whistle...then I know it's just a train.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by ShadowEyes]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Around 6 We just got hit with a tornado here south of Joplin, Missouri and Pitcher Oklahoma. 10 dead so far and lots of damage.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Optix]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
Around 6 We just got hit with a tornado here south of Joplin, Missouri and Pitcher Oklahoma. 10 dead so far and lots of damage.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Optix]

I'm sorry to hear that, but not surprised.

I live 2 miles from the county line and I've seen a repeating pattern where as soon as a storm gets over that line it goes tornadic. Sometimes it happens before that. Two days ago another storm went through and we could see the funnel hanging not to far away.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Stay safe, you guys... thank you for checking in. Thinking of everyone there tonight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join