It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Force Winds in Kansas City Mo.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Hurricane Force Winds in kansas City Mo.

www.kmbc.com

E-Mail News Alerts
Get breaking news and daily headlines.

Browse all e-mail newsletters

Related To Story

Courtesy: Neeley Schmitz

SEVERE WEATHER
Share Your Storm Pics
Live Radar
Weather Alerts
Closings
Road Conditions
KCI Airport
Premium Weather
Report Power Outages

At Least 3 Hurt When Violent Storms Hit KC
Wind Gusts Of Up 80 MPH Reported

POSTED: 3:52 am CDT May 2, 2008
UPDATED: 5:51 am CDT May 2, 2008

GLADSTONE, Mo. -- A violent storm system moved through the Kansas City area early on Friday morning, damaging homes and businesses and injuring at least three people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-5-2008 by antar]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is just amazing, it has been a crazy morning here in mo. with watches and warnings.

Tornados, straight line winds, power outages.

We went from record breaking freezing temps to 'hurricane force winds channeled by warm temps mixing with the cold.

Damaging hail has been reported to the south of Kansas City this morning.

Could this be the next wave in natures wrath or could this be an even greater implication of weather modification gone wrong?

www.kmbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Several homes and businesses damaged in counties south of Kansas City, typical 75 mile per hour winds. Wide spread power outages.

I woke to my dog jumping up on my bed and panting and freaked.

Having gone out yesterday to pay some bills, I pushed along after having suffered from severe migraine strength headaches for the past couple of days.

Interestingly almost everyone I talked to had been having the same headache symptoms. I had to wonder if it had to do with the many chem trails we saw prior to this event in the past days, or just the springtime weeds coming up and flowering.

I noticed something odd about a week ago, what I saw were clouds that were long and thin almost tunnel looking. These clouds stretched across the sky for the better part of the day.

This is a very serious event. Tornadoes and straight line winds in access of 70-80- miles per hour.

News just in a man is trapped in a tree! This is now in my area and so I must get off line for a while as they are telling us to take shelter.

The storm teams are asking for people to send pictures of their areas as this was so unexpected they did not even have time to get their storm trackers out and on the road covering this event.

Loud clapping thunder and winds shaking the home right now.

Tree's outside swirliong in huge circles. Normally they blow in the direcdtion of the wind, this time they are literally 'swirling'.

Reports near Ava buildings down. West of Mnt. Grove in wright county, ah just wide spread. The reports are coming in through the whole state, all HURRICANE Force! More wide spread than a tornado.

Gotta go, headed my way at 80mph.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

As these hurricane force winds die down they spring up as E1 force Tornadoes.

The front end of the line is causing 72 mph winds. They say to treat this as a tornado and to take shelter. It is a very serious situation.

Tree's down, power outages, lots of damage. A very big storm.

Lots of spinups, along the leading edge which causes lots of wide spread wind damage in excess of 80 mph and tornados wide spread.

A fast moving front, it is even etending down to Arkansas.

81 mph winds sparking up, on the leading edge.
Very serious.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Significant damage in Ava. Could have been a tornado, storm spotters are now reporting (HAM radio operators).

We are now beginning to receive Doppler Radar reports of over 100 mile per hour winds in Huston to West plains , Eastern Howel County.

In Douglas county, extensive damage, unable to contact emergency servives as they are out on the town.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

This explains waking up to the sound of the roaring train. I am noticing that the headache is coming back, Outside looks like a green tinge kind of like looking through a diffused green light filter. Everything is calm just now. Birds singing, an almost warning sound. An Erie calm.

apc

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
That was a pretty killer storm. Disappointing the rotation that was headed for the city dissipated before coming across. Then I heard on my scanner a couple touchdowns farther south around Belton.

I was hoping this season would be a nice one. So far so good. Last night reminded me of the tornadoes that tore up Leavenworth and Bonner, as well as Parkville. They keep hitting the surrounding cities. I want one downtown!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This is not good, hopefully there is no injuries or deaths. This storm is a Monster and looks like St Louis is next:

This is wicked

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

You sound like you have the courage to be a strom tracker! I have too many kids and pets to feel good about this kind of storm. Glad to know one of our own is safe and unharmed!
If you can get some pictures of the damage in your area please post them here. Just stay safe..

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I hope it misses us. I live in SE Missouri.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thanks LDF Stay safe and let us know that you survived .

Much better doppler pic. btw, thankyou muchly.

apc

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I chased when I had a truck. Raised by a meteorologist so it's in muh blood.

I lost power overnight apparently but I believe most of the damage was East in Independence (interestedalways?). Just had a few limbs scattered around my yard. But if I happen across anything cool I'll snap a picture.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Should be headed your way about now, be sure and take all the emergency precautions , it has caused wide spread damage on this end. Let us know you are ok?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

Just U2Ued her...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Gonna go outside to see If I can get some pics before then after.

It's not really moving that fast, but seems to be really intense.

It's gonna hit where my kids are first they are under the S in St Charles I'm where the u is in St Louis on the radar map I posted.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by apc

Just U2Ued her...

I think she is in Georgia.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Got chills on that one LDragonFire. I will see them in protective light. Prayers go out now. You will have to get offline, as the electricity with this one is most strange and intense.

apc, please join us this summer, you could teach us all a thing or two about strorm tracking, we would love to have you on the team.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

You may be right, did she leave yesterday? Talked to her day before but forgot she was leaving so soon. I am sure she will be calling up there to check on her family.

apc

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about tornadoes but there is still a warning in place headed due east. I'd be concerned most for hail. Had golfball sized here.

(refresh for the latest image)

Warning just expired.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by apc]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

Thanks apc, then it looks like blueracer is out of the danger zone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join