It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it worth it for me to fill my mind with truth or is ignorance truly bliss?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Anyone want to talk about truth? I have all day. Thank god for rain. If god and rain are real of couse that is. And what about my self-prcieved act of thanking? Was that real for everyone else, just me, just someone else, just something else, or a bunch of something elses? I'm still not sure. Can I ever be? Can you ever be? Can you tell me if I can ever be? This is so hard to think about sometimes.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
truth is the prescription, Our Founders Told Us To Pursue, and the whole while - they were creating this British Global Empire of supposedly Free People - but nothing could be further from the true. we are not Free - we are not brave and this nation over the coarse of 200+ years has attracted the worlds dissidents and trouble makers from the rest of the world - we are called the melting pot... we have been melted away no doubt in my mind about that. the question is where do we go from here.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The karma of this nation since :

Exploiting the 1830 Indian Removal Act was not good.
Exploiting the Chinese to build American railroads was not good.
Exploiting Blacks in slavery was not good.
Exploiting the Irish potato famine to get cheap labor was not good.
Financing the Fed with human birth certificates since 1871 was not a good idea.
Creating a private central banking system in 1913 was not good; taxing direct labor was not a good idea.
Entering WWI to please England and drive Jews back to the Middle East was not a good idea.
Helping England and Zionists stage terror events has not been a good idea.

My dad says, What goes around, comes around. And so, the karma of this nation is not in good condition :

Globalists are staging immigration so States will break into regions and become manipulable from sheer economic power. Maybe the outcome is going to be take-down and nobody will be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Either Americans re-learn how to be self-sufficient or like the rest of the third world we'll starve. That's what my Dad says.

I don't see any way to argue against him.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I guess questioning if I exist comes down to this.

Lets just say when you die, you are dead. There is nothing. If that is the case,
We delude ourselves into think we are learning something while alive here. Something that is not infinite , can not exist. If you remember nothing when you die, what is the point of remembering anything while you are here? You can better humanity all you want, and its all a waste of time.

Now if we do exist after we die, this changes everything.

Ama

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

I like that alot. I never thought of that. I'm sure I will think about it all night. I have to go to sleep now.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

But this is where spirituality comes in! I'm not speaking religion. If this is all there is, then you would be right.

It is not that simple, IMO. I believe that there is a contest that we are involved in, and who, and what we are, or believe, makes a difference.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine

We delude ourselves into think we are learning something while alive here.

Whether we continue to live after we die or not is irrelevent. If we are alive eternally then our learning is also an illusion because we could learn forever and we'd never really be getting closer to anything.

Something that is not infinite, can not exist.

That doesn't mean that "I" live forever. What makes up my body is infinite, it is energy, but it is currently in a finite material state (thought admittedly infinitely interconnected to all other energetic states). I live and I die, nothing more to it. My body is held together through the laws and physics of the universe, it also deteriorates in the same way.

If you remember nothing when you die, what is the point of remembering anything while you are here?

The point is yours to make. For me it's to discover more of this mystery in the short time that I have here. It's just the way it is. You have memory whether you want to or not while alive.

You can better humanity all you want, and its all a waste of time.

That depends. Have you ever experienced happiness and bliss? Whether I live eternally or die eternally... it means nothing if I have experienced that moment of happiness and joy... of love and carnality. The musings of eternal life mean absolutely nothing to me as long as I am happy and busy and taking care of my body and my mind.

Now if we do exist after we die, this changes everything.

Why? If I live forever then I can do anything I want while here and it doesn't even matter because I never really die. I can take over the world, rape people, mame people... but it means nothing, because I am infinite and in my next life I will do the same.

We do exist after we die... just not as ourselves that we experience now.

The question is.. what do we all want? We all want what we all want.. and that's exactly what we have.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join