It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly: "We Didn't Invade Iraq"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I'll admit that. The thing I hate most about Bill O'Reilly is the fact that there is no effective counterbalance to his propoganda and rhetoric.

Thanks for your honesty. Now I must question you as to why O'Rielly should be hated when you stated that the problem isn't him, but an admitted failure from the left to mount a viable opposition. And you do understand why the left has (so far) failed to mount that viable opposition? The reason is simply economics. Marketing people buy ads on stations that a lot of people listen to or watch. Pure and simple. Obviously enough people watch Fox to generate the ads that pay for the network to keep operating. Just as obviously, not enough people listened to Air America to keep that network afloat. Some may watch Fox just because it angers them, but I would guess the vast majority watch it because they agree with what is said on the network. As I said earlier, it's the vote with your remote thing. So, you can easily look at this as more people are voting for Fox than any of their competition. That means more people agree with that point of view than agree with yours. In effect, you've lost that "election" (too). So, is your response now that the only way Fox having a clear majority in viewers can be explained is that they are all crazy like our friend sublime keeps saying?

Careful with that line of reasoning, because a majority would most likely pin the crazy label on you instead for your (insane to them) beliefs. And since the majority rules, well, better watch out for the white trucks in your neighborhood.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The truth at the heart of this matter is that all news sources lie and all the fat talking heads twist and bend information in a way that fits their own agenda, whatever that may be. Wheather it be Fox news or CNN or Rush Pumpkinhead or Hanoi radio or the Baghdad Times Courier. No news source should be trusted 110%, especially when you are dealing in politics, because somewhere behind that news source are corporate sponsors, greedy CEO's and political lobbyists who have their hands in the cookie jar.

Wheather reporting false information should be illegal or not is hard to say. Out and out lies could be easily detected and contested with facts, but when you are talking political spin and opinion the subject gets hazy. It really boils down to personal opinion and individual beliefs at that point. And when you start dishing out fines and subpeonas in order to prosecute anyone for opinion and conjecture it delves into the realm of censorship.

What I really despise about Oreilly and Fox news isn't even so much the lies that they spew hour after hour and day after day. What angers me the most is that there are so many bumpkins out in the listening audience who so readily and easily believe the bollocks that they are being sold. I honestly have doubts that a lot of these people have the ability to differentiate between what is authentic and what is false.

This is dangerous because like it or not, this man is influencing an entire generation of voters and slowly leading them into the dark. Without the constant feed of stupidity into their living rooms on a nightly basis these people may actually begin to think for themselves. Fox news has become nothing but a Bush clap trap and a Republican P.R. team.

Bottom line is that if you rely on a media talking head of any flavor to tell you what to believe then you are already screwed from the get go. They are mostly highly paid, professional con artists who lie on behalf of whatever regime pays them the most $$$

There are no Cronkites or Murrows left these days, only Limbaughs and Frankens. It sucks.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

The big missing page is about the central banking system advocated by Alexander Hamilton. Hamiltonian and Jeffersonian ideas were the two bookends of 19th century politics.

Actually your incorrect there (that is if Im reading correctly what you are saying there)...Thomas Jefferson did not want a central bank he thought it gave to much power to the big bankers. Andrew Jackson too was against a central bank and he was almost shot for it. Abe Lincoln during the war brought out a central bank to fund the war but then when he switched it back got shot for it.

You are correct not only did the British want to buy cotton at a reasonable price without the high northern taxes but they wanted to be able to sell their goods here in the states at a competitive price but due to the high tariffs this did not happen and that is mainly what started the war. The south thought all our countries power was slowly getting into banker hands so they broke off from the north....

[edit on 2-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

What I really despise about Oreilly and Fox news isn't even so much the lies that they spew hour after hour and day after day. What angers me the most is that there are so many bumpkins out in the listening audience who so readily and easily believe the bollocks that they are being sold. I honestly have doubts that a lot of these people have the ability to differentiate between what is authentic and what is false.

See my post just above. Do you not understand that more people disagree with you and feel that your points of view are the ones that are "insane" than agree with you? So, if this is allowed to turn into a "lock up the opposition by declaring them insane" conflict, it will most likely be you and the people that agree with you that end up on the inside of the padded cells?

A further scary thought, but the left keeps calling the right "crazy", and isn't that exactly what totalitarian governments of the 20th century did to their opposition. Is the left trying to repeat that? Like I said- scary. Way more scary than what Fox says.

This is dangerous because like it or not, this man is influencing an entire generation of voters and slowly leading them into the dark. Without the constant feed of stupidity into their living rooms on a nightly basis these people may actually begin to think for themselves. Fox news has become nothing but a Bush clap trap and a Republican P.R. team.

But a majority, quite rightly IMO, looks at Fox and talk radio as a needed counter-balance to the one-sided "education" being forced upon our kids in schools and colleges. Like you said, an entire generation that the left is attempting to indoctrinate. And you know this is even more insidious because these are kids and not the free-willed adults we've been talking about. These kids have to accept what their teachers say for fear of being ridiculed and failed.

Bottom line is that if you rely on a media talking head of any flavor to tell you what to believe then you are already screwed from the get go. They are mostly highly paid, professional con artists who lie on behalf of whatever regime pays them the most $$$

There are no Cronkites or Murrows left these days, only Limbaughs and Frankens. It sucks.

The one thing you said that I can agree with.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Excellent -- I didn't realize he was the star of MSNBC (not that they have a huge audience anyway, but whatever). The internal memo still suggests it was a business ($) decision not pressure from the "top" where ever that is. But a good find all the same -- I'm not ashamed to admit I was wrong (apparently.. maybe...
)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Bill O is a turd.He tries to spin things to suit his uneducated mind.
I've seen so many videos of him spouting falsehoods that it would make you vomit.
The idiot is entitled to his opinions, but he needs to grab a big hot bowl of reality.
I wish someone would drop a house on him as well.The 'man' is pure filth and a liar.
Only GWB gets me more irate.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen truth
I've seen so many videos of him spouting falsehoods that it would make you vomit.
The idiot is entitled to his opinions, but he needs to grab a big hot bowl of reality.
I wish someone would drop a house on him as well.The 'man' is pure filth and a liar.

Please dont hold back tell us how you really feel
He is bad guys but there really are worse out there Rush is way worse than Bill O. I mean I turn the channel between Bill and Keith Olberman during commercials (so I can get both points of views on issues) and there is a left and a right there but Bill isnt that bad.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen truth

Perhaps an example of what I just wrote about in our schools. Of course, there is no way to know if this is truly an example of a student simply regurgitating what their teachers have told them instead of thinking the issues through on their own. But the name calling, etc. instead of substance makes me suspect.

My only question to this poster would be on their definition of "a big hot bowl of reality". Is that a "reality" defined by you, or someone else? You might want to think about that a bit before answering ...

[edit on 5/2/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Actually your incorrect there (that is if Im reading correctly what you are saying there)...Thomas Jefferson did not want a central bank he thought it gave to much power to the big bankers. Andrew Jackson too was against a central bank and he was almost shot for it. Abe Lincoln during the war brought out a central bank to fund the war but then when he switched it back got shot for it.

You are correct not only did the British want to buy cotton at a reasonable price without the high northern taxes but they wanted to be able to sell their goods here in the states at a competitive price but due to the high tariffs this did not happen and that is mainly what started the war. The south thought all our countries power was slowly getting into banker hands so they broke off from the north....

Ah, they point I tried to convey was that Hamiltonian and Jeffersonian ideals were the two opposite ends of the spectrum of the era. Everything conveyed in your post I agree with. The Republic was destroyed by a central bank and strong national government.

More On-Topic: The free market system of products AND ideas works fine without government involvement. The same people most distrustful of the government now want the government to regulate the press. How can no one see the danger here?

[edit on 2-5-2008 by _Del_]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The U.S. did invade Iraq, or are you saying this isn't true?It had nothing to do with the "Gulf Treaty" and had everything to do with WMD according to Bush and Cheney,who later denied saying it.Fortunately this was caught on video for all to see.
Bill has made some false comments regarding WW2 and other military events.

Please dont hold back tell us how you really feel

If I was going to say how I really feel,I'd be banned.

Bill O is the talking head and he should make sure he has good support staff to verify what he's saying.
The Faux Network is a sham and so is Bill O.The man can rot in hell for his lies.
If anyone can prove what Bill says is true in the above video I'll happily apologize.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

I see your point, but disagree with the analysis. As I recall April Glaspie was sidelined after the gaffe. I don't see evidence of a conspiracy, though I can't rule it out.

What about Abner Dethrey? The CIA employee who admitted publicly that the he went Baghdad on behalf of the State Department in early 1990 to personally deliver the message to Saddam, that the the US would not intervene.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

What stat do you have that proves that most people disagree with him?

How could you possibly even know that?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I haven't seen much in the way of anything that substantiates his claims. Other than a good conspiracy theory. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it seems to me unlikely.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Im not in the business of determining who is "sane" or "insane" as you put it. I think there is a fair amount of insanity on the far left AND the far right, which is why I try and stay somewhere in the middle. Any person with the best interest of their country and their fellow citizens is not always going to sway one way or the other. That is the definition of insanity, to choose sides on an issue before you even know what the issue is, simply to tow some party line. No thanks.

I will however disagree with one point. I believe that it is you in fact who is in the minority, as there seems to be a lot more people out here who are not happy with the way things in this country are currently headed as opposed to the small numbers who actually believe that everything is peechy. Dont believe me, have a look at the latest GW Bush approval ratings. What will be done about it remains to be seen.

And I absolutely agree that the leftist liberals have made a mockery of our educational system from the ground up. I find that most of these liberal bleedin heart "academic" types are as much a thorn in the side of America as any right wing nut case could ever be. As I said before, EACH side has an agenda and often lack honesty and common sense.

I do not favor censorship of any kind by the government, regardless of how much I may disagree with what is being said. It should be left to the discretion of the individual to decide for themselves what to believe and what not to believe. That is what being free is all about, making up your own mind.

And at the end of the day, I am glad to see that we at least agree on something

[edit on 5/2/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
O'reilly, is someone that I find hard to like, not so much his opinions that make me dislike him, but more because of his attitude, he is always so rude and ALWAYS thinks he's right your wrong, and because your wrong I'm going to talk to you like scum on national tv.

He is too into himself, people who are like that are hard to like.

Also he always appears angry and controlling! lol, wouldn't want to be his son or wife haha.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Please pay better attention. I was basing that on the viewer ratings numbers. Again, the vote with your remote premise. Fox practically - if not actually - beats the other networks combined.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

I will however disagree with one point. I believe that it is you in fact who is in the minority, as there seems to be a lot more people out here who are not happy with the way things in this country are currently headed as opposed to the small numbers who actually believe that everything is peechy. Dont believe me, have a look at the latest GW Bush approval ratings. What will be done about it remains to be seen.

You're attempting to mix apples and oranges here. Not all Fox listeners approve of Bush. Read my other threads and you'll see that I don't view his performance favorably either. But my point is that they are still Fox - as oppopsed to the other networks - viewers.

And I absolutely agree that the leftist liberals have made a mockery of our educational system from the ground up. I find that most of these liberal bleedin heart "academic" types are as much a thorn in the side of America as any right wing nut case could ever be. As I said before, EACH side has an agenda and often lack honesty and common sense.

You get a star for that!

I do not favor censorship of any kind by the government, regardless of how much I may disagree with what is being said. It should be left to the discretion of the individual to decide for themselves what to believe and what not to believe. That is what being free is all about, making up your own mind.

And at the end of the day, I am glad to see that we at least agree on something

Me too.
No insult intended, but could you be a closet conservative, or maybe even a libertarian?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I am an American...and that is good enough.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Ill settle for conservitarian or true constitutionalist

But I agree I watch Fix News and I cant stand Bush...I watch MSNBC also but once again I like to here both angles of the story so I can make an educated true conservitarian opinion....

With that being said Oreillys interview with Hillary was actually a pretty good interview.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Actions speak louder than words. It doesn't matter if you call it an "invasion" or a "war". Innocent people on both sides are still being killed every day.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join