It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly: "We Didn't Invade Iraq"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by Blaine91555

We did invade Iraq, will you refute this as well?

Yes, we invaded Iraq when we liberated the country Saddam invaded. We had to, to drive him out. Then we stopped the fighting when a peace treaty was agreed to by Saddam. He then violated it over and over and over again until we went back in this time. There is no new war. That was an invention of the Democratic Party and liars in the media.

The only thing I might be wrong about is the number of U.N. Mandates Saddam violated. It's interesting to me how people condemn the Media and the Political Parties until their propaganda happens to serve their needs.

Saddam came to power through America, have you studied history little man. Remember who was in power before Saddam, it was "Qasem", America hated him cause he was going to nationalise oil. Remember little man. Than an America backed coup happened. Remember that little man, history speaks for itself.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Anyone who still watches fox news, I suspect has either serious brain damange,
is an illegal alien that could not know better, or is the Bush Admin themselves LOL, Here is what FOX thinks about there loyal viewers

Exerpt

New York, New York - In a conversation with Fox News celebrities,
Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity, that was picked up by an open
microphone, Rupert Murdoch, Chairman and CEO of News Corp.,
repeatedly referred to Fox News viewers as morons and white trash.
The incident took place as the three men were sitting together at a
benefit dinner for the Ann Coulter defense fund. Apparently, they had
been drinking heavily which may account for their lack of restraint
and obliviousness to the open microphone that was positioned directly
in front of them.

At one point, while addressing O'Reilly and Hannity, Murdoch
said, "Can you believe the # we get away with? Good thing our
viewers are dumb as doorknobs or else we would be in trouble." To
which, Hannity laughed and then replied, "Yeah, I heard that people
who watch Fox News have to wear bibs to catch their drool so their
sofas won't be stained by the tobacco juice, and that's just the
women." O'Reilly, also laughing, then joined in by saying, "Hey, how
many Fox viewers does it take to change a light bulb? None, they all
refuse to change the bulb because they prefer living in the dark."

However, the unkindest cut of all that is sure to enrage Fox viewers
came at the end of the conversation when Murdoch raised his glass in
a toast and said, "God bless trailer park trash and idiots
everywhere. Without them Fox News would be nothing and I would not be
a billionaire. "

After news of the recorded conversation became public, Fox News
released the following brief statement, "We encourage our viewers to
reject anything they hear or see that does not come directly from Fox
News. Fox News is the only source of information you need for Fair
and Balanced™ coverage."

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by _Del_

Do you think a 9/11 site should remain up if it contains lies? I sure don't.

There is a difference between a dissenting view and a lie.

For instance, any 9/11 site that still says that there were no planes, and no one died that day.

That is a lie that can be proven as such, do you not agree?

More importantly, those aren't MSM sites, are they? Most of those are privately owned, not public domains.

They would not fall under supervision.

We agree that those sites are lying,however did you forget about a little thing called freedom of speech? its what makes this country different from lets say China, Cuba and even modern day Russia.. If we start taking off sites that we believe to be lying.. then what if they want to take a site down that is in fact telling the truth? This is a very dangerous path, and what your proposing is akin to having a communist state here on our own soil.. I am sure you don't want this? I hope?

And for the record I believe WTC7 was demolished and if thats fishy then the whole thing stinks, the no plane theory is made to discredit the 911 truth movement...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Where's the source for that? As much as I hate Fox news, I can't seem to find any source but various blogs and forums that bring up what you posted. I'd imagine NBC would be all over it if there really were a recording of them saying that. I'm thinking that is another urban legend or email hoax. However, if true, I'd have to agree with them, lol.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by 27jd]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You folks need to learn the history of that event. You have egg on your faces right now. Is it possible you are all too young to know the history of the events that led up to this?

This is, of course, a valid point from an international legal standpoint. The problem is that this admininstration used fear and propaganda to motivate support for the Iraq War II. And they have made the decision to try and colonialize Iraq and it's resources.

Throwing out colonizers is part of the Iraqi national heritage. Iraqi poets and artists have written odes and folk songs about forcing out the Brits during the last century. It is now costing over $350 million dollars per day and much of this money to being funneled to connected companies that do lousy work if any.

This war has been a racket by any standard and the US is going bankrupt because of it. The PTB who made the decision to go all in, trying to control Iraq's economy for the benefit of US corporations, has raised on a busted flush.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by brisa]

[edit on 5-5-2008 by brisa]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brisa

brisa,

Kudos to your 'poker' analogy!!!

Brilliantly analylized!

Best, WW

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Exerpt

Hey, if you have a link for that, I would much appreciate it.

[edit on 5/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Exerpt

Hey, if you have a link for that, I would much appreciate it.

[edit on 5/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

Is it safe to assume, now that weeks have passed, that there will be no 'source,' for this 'exerpt?'

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Since that was captured by a microphone, supposedly, then where is the audio clip to verify it? If it doesn't exist then aren't we just taking someone's word for it?

-ChriS

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That quote is from here:

Assimilated Press

It was written to be a satire.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is everybit as narrow minded and full of lies as you accuse Fox news of being. McCaine gives thumbs up to torture--what a joke. If your recording of Murdock et. al is true, then why is it that only blogs that are not liable for false reporting the only people who say that they have these secret recordings.
4:51 PM
Anonymous RangeRider said...

The above comment by Anonymous clearly substantiates this report is far as I'm concerned. Murdoch should have added that not only are Fox viewers "dumb as doorknobs" but they have no sense of humor and can't recognize satire even when it hits them in the face.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Bu hahahahahahah!!!!!!

Sublime....you are the sublimest!!!

Is that an adjective??

Well, if 'truthiness' is part of the lexicon, then 'sublimest' must be also!!!

Or...can we come up wth a gerund....?

'Subliming'???

Just thinking out loud.......

WW

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Hey Blaine,

I understand where you are coming from on this. Technically you are correct. Our invasion in 90/91 never really ended. We blockaded the country and forced them into a treaty.

However, what are the pretenses for us going back in? You allude to 'facts' that they violated the treaty. How did they do that? Please clarify because as far as history is written, this administration got caught lying bold faced to the public as to the existence of WMDs. THAT was the basis for re-entering that country and INVADING them.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by weedwhacker

Personally I still see a lot of parallels - and it isn't pretty. Barbarians streaming across our (southern) borders is just one of them.

You mentioned communications. I would be in favor of using the internet to institute direct popular votes - as long as fairness and accuracy could be guaranteed - for president and almost all policy issues and legislation now voted on by congress. That would take care of almost all the Washington DC special interest BS. People would no longer be disenfranchised by politicians that say one thing to get elected and then do something different when in office.

Think about it. I actually see it as the only way out. All decisions would truly reflect the will of the people.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by centurion1211]

'Barbarians streaming across borders' ? ! ? You mean kinda like Christopher Columbus ?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by branestorm

branestorm....I kinda get what you mean....

maybe the Mayans felt that way when the Spaniards first invaded...and brought their twisted view of their 'religion' to what they considered 'heathens'......

WW

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Walter Cronkite is no hero of the media. The man did the voice over during the mock human sacrifice at Bohemian Grove.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join