It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly virus spreads in China, 21 children die

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This virus is quite scary and soo many are infected. Seems it primarily affects children. I have never heard of it before reading this article.

Enterovirus 71 began spreading in Fuyang in the eastern province of Anhui in early March but authorities only reported it publicly on Sunday, saying there had been 789 cases.

Enteroviruses are spread mostly through contact with infected blisters or faeces and can cause high fever, paralysis and swelling of the brain or its lining. There are no vaccines or antiviral agents available to treat or prevent the virus.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 2-5-2008 by space cadet]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Omigosh! I was just reading up on what this type of virus is, this particular strain , enterovirus 71, and it causes hand-foot-and mouth disease, aside from the brain swelling and paralysis. The normal duration for this is 7-10 days.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
If something like this took hold in America it would be devasting. I have to wonder if there are any mitigating circumstance that allowed this to spread so quickly.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
um... I guess this is good reason to visit the doctor. The soft palette(s) on the roof of my mouth have been swollen for about a week. No fever, flu symptoms, or paralysis though... But now I feel compelled to get it checked out.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Beaver the only accounts of this right now are in China, are you in China or have you been around anyone who has traveled to China?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
good find! flagged and starred! that crap better stay in China. and dissipate there.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Nowhere near China. I caught it camping on a river in the middle of nowhere in Alabama. Or at least woke up with it.

I know it's unlikely to be the same thing that is over there, but since WebMD had hand, foot, & mouth as one of the possible diagnosis when I checked a couple of days ago I'll err on the side of caution, just this once.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Wow. So you had already googled your symptoms and come up with this same disorder? I recently had a bout with having 'lie bumps' on my tongue, it was painful! My doc says it was caused by antibiotics I had taken the week before.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

when did you catch it?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

It's flattering space cadet, really. Coxsackie was next to burn, allergy, herpes, and cancer so it goes to show how useless an internet diagnosis is.
If you google "roof mouth swollen" and click the first link you will be able to find hand-foot-mouth a lot. I don't want to have the Coxsackie virus.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti us gov
reply to post by beaverg

when did you catch it?

April 25 is when I woke up with a it *a swollen mouth.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by beaverg]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

wow thats scary. is it gone now and what did the doctors say you should do about it?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

I haven't gone yet but I'll post an update when I can. The swelling has gone down and my appetite is back after the 7 days. It feels like there is still a minor swelling of the soft palette but there is no pain, burning sensation, or immediate reaction from dry foods anymore.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

If you google "roof mouth swollen" and click the first link you will be able to find hand-foot-mouth a lot. I don't want to have the Coxsackie virus
reply to post by beaverg

It can't be as bad as when I googled trying to help my poor nuetered poodle with his red, swollen canine penis...........

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

If you google "roof mouth swollen" and click the first link you will be able to find hand-foot-mouth a lot. I don't want to have the Coxsackie virus
reply to post by beaverg

It can't be as bad as when I googled trying to help my poor nuetered poodle with his red, swollen canine penis...........

hah! Sorry for hijacking your thread.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I can't believe I put this post up on May 2, and I thank those who did comment, but it was very few who did. I am so dissapointed, I see tonight , on May 5, that there is a 'breaking news' thread, on this same subject. It has people commenting. What was wrong with this thread? I don't get it.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It probably came from the Peoples Liberation Army affiliated BioTech labratories at the University of Technology.

The U of T in China is know to have engineered such viruses as Bird Flu and West Nile viruses.

It probably got out of the lab on accident or testing on their own people before sending to the US. Afterall, it does target children mainly.

You guys actually give China the benefit of the doubt for such a crude virus that causes slow death. Do not believe anything China says about the virus. It was likely BioChemical warfare experimentation.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

It is horrible to think that a virus was developed purpofully to use on children. Why would China do that to themselves or the US?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Oh Space Cadet, they've been doing for awhile now. Ever since their Strategic Moderization Objective to simulate a Capitalist economy in aims of moderizing the military and displacing the US in Asia.

China's goal is to destroy the US economy through Information Warfare, contamination and a Proxy war fighting Muslims in the Middle East.

They are building up Nuclear programs of those countries that are enemies of the US including North Korea, Iran, Syria and Pakistan.

The contaminated pet food did alot of damage to the US economy. All the recalls, inspections etc. cost the US millions each time one of these "accidents" happen.

From putting AntiFreeze in kids Teething Rings to Lead in Make-up, China is working on killing the US economy and people in the process.

Contaminated Blood Thinner killed over 90 here in the US and would have been considerably more had it not been caught early.

We've created a huge dependency on a Communist nation we built-up through the huge Trade-imbalance and China engagment. Only now are we just starting to see the consequences of such stupidity.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
This virus is quite scary and soo many are infected. Seems it primarily affects children. I have never heard of it before reading this article.

Enterovirus 71 began spreading in Fuyang in the eastern province of Anhui in early March but authorities only reported it publicly on Sunday, saying there had been 789 cases.

I wrote a thread on April 11, 2008 about Bush wanting to move the contagious disease facility to the mainland.
news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration is likely to move its research on one of the most contagious animal diseases from an isolated island laboratory to the U.S. mainland near herds of livestock, raising concerns about a catastrophic outbreak.
There were only two replies on that thread too!
Eneroviruse is a lot like cattle hoof-and-mouth disease, which is one of the contagious diseases studied and stored on the isolated island mentioned above. It is Bush's desire to move this facility to an area near herds of livestock!!
Think maybe someone wants to start a pandemic in this country?

Enteroviruses are spread mostly through contact with infected blisters or faeces and can cause high fever, paralysis and swelling of the brain or its lining. There are no vaccines or antiviral agents available to treat or prevent the virus.

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join