It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buying haunted dolls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I have been looking on ebay for a certain doll, but most of them seem like a rip off to me.

I would like to have one, but really, I don't know what I'm looking for.

What should I ask when buying such stuff off ebay or other sites?

Also, anyone have experiences with these items?

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
In my opinion it was possible to find haunted dolls and items on ebay 7 years ago.

But with the sudden influx of so-called bizarre auctions almost anything paranormal or metaphysical on auction sites are fake and rip offs.

I have seen a few in the past from a haunted funeral home, the sellers produced
photographs of the items in their original surroundings etc.

Before bidding on anything ask the seller for any kind of "proof" they might have and use your gut feeling.

I wish you luck on your search.

Check this out.
www.associatedcontent.com...
reviews.ebay.com...
www.ghoststudy.com...

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Disinfo Agent1966]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ihavenoidea

What kind of doll? Are you talking about a certain type, like a brand name, or just a doll that is supposedly haunted? I have never heard of haunted dolls. I collect many types of dolls, so I have a room filled with porcelain them displayed all over. People come in a feel creeped out by them, but I have no problem sleeping with all of them there watching. Because of that I think it would be difficult to say whether a doll is haunted or just creeps you out.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Eh, one you would find at a paranormal investigator's yard sale and tells your five year old death threats.

Or one like the Robert doll in Key West FL.

I'm trying to read up on this and want to know more about it before buying one by the end of the year.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Oh wow, thanks for the link,

www.ghoststudy.com...

However it has been sold over five years ago.

Damn, if only I could find a doll like this....

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
No problem, interesting stuff nonetheless.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have since did some research- I am a doll collector myself. I dont think I would want to buy one, but if all of the stories/theories are correct, one of my dolls may become a vessel
I looked at current Ebay auctions, and some are just stupid. Others seem like they are genuine in that the peron selling them suspects a haunting. Then some are all hyped up with a bunch of Wiccan High Priestess hooha. One lady bought a box of dolls (at least a dozen different dolls) that were kept in the boiler room at a funeral home, allegedly. Can you imagine buying a bunch of dolls only to find out that one or more (or all) are haunted?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
You could always contact the people who made the x files. The doll from the episode "Chinga" looked pretty funky. If you're looking to be haunted by the amazing dolly creepiness, i'd start there!

new topics

top topics

join