It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Water, Oil And Gas Locations Surveyed In Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Newly Discovered Water, Oil And Gas Locations Surveyed In Afghanistan

www.sciencedaily.com

Data were collected by U.S. Geological Survey scientists, who flew over Afghanistan and conducted an airborne geophysical and photographic survey of the country. Survey data were unveiled at The Embassy of Afghanistan in Washington, D.C., April 30
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This could well explain the interest America has in Afghanistan. No wonder they haven't found OBL there, they were busy looking for mining sites.

"Afghanistan has significant natural resource potential, but much of the country's potential remains unknown," said USGS Director Mark Myers. "The geophysical survey provides objective, unbiased information and will enable scientists to better define areas for future exploration and development."

We already know Iran has oil. Far be it for me to be a cynic, but I wonder what might be found in Kosovo and Abkhazia

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I can't help wondering if there are countries out there who are afraid to look for oil for fear of what might become of them if they were to find it...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Good point. I never thought about it that way.
Peak oil could be more of a farce than I thought. There might be a lot of countries with previously untapped oil as well as other mineral deposits that have not been game to make it known.
I know Australia has more oil than has been let on but we are already owned by the US so it doesn't matter I guess.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

When you combine their oil and gas potential with the opium crops, well they are quite an asset aren't they? Personally, I think the primary function of Afghanistan is to serve as a stepping stone towards Iran. Everything else is icing on the cake.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Afghanistan is about the pipeline being build for the Caspian oil/gas to circumvent the Russian net.

And then it's to be closer to bull's eye, The Middle World, as Zbigniew Brzezinski named it, because that's where the oil/gas/mineral rich and still unexploited states of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan are.

When they have "done" Iran (god forbid), that's where they'll go for further Empire building. BTW, then they'll be at the backdoor of China.

new topics

top topics

join