It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal and Occultic Studies 101

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
As the title says, where could an idiot to start learning of the paranormal and the occult?
I don't know much of it but I would like to know where start and what to learn.

However, I don't see the point of studying astrology and other rules when it comes to learning just the basic of telepathy, clairvoyance (hearing, smelling, etc.) and the likes of that.

Just want to get straight to the point, no BS, learning of the paranormal and the occult.. especially about time lines.

That one is a pain to research...

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
you are already at the well, my friend. drink up!

utilize the internet...you will not find more information anywhere else unless you meet a paranormal guru amidst your travels.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ihavenoidea
However, I don't see the point of studying astrology and other rules when it comes to learning just the basic of telepathy, clairvoyance (hearing, smelling, etc.) and the likes of that.

In my experience, the more mundane the task, the more the enlightened you'll become. In other words, don't look for easy ways out.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
True, however, I don't know where to start.

Helps to talk to people.

You don't know what you'll pick up..

Plus what I'm looking for I don't believe is on some web site either.

what I am also interested in is getting some paranormal items or very old books (and I mean old) off the net, but afraid of getting ripped off.

What I really want to know is other realities, foreshadowing, seeing into the past and other timelines.

Also read about first understanding your inner astrals, what's that all about?

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
these guys pretty much have said how you can go about learning more..
but from what I have grasped in my studies and experience with magick is that you can access and use the entire power of your mind. You can activate the latent dna strands and achieve superpowers. Superpowers are the only way to describe it because they seem like something out of cinema. (There is a reason for that, that you may or may not find)
But we think they are superpowers because we don't remember having them before. But things that cannot be explained by modern western science(telepathy, manifestation, other psychokinetics, and psychometry et c) aren't not real. They just aren't real to the individual.
Once you learn more, as it is necessary to have an understanding in the background of the occult in order to use it for your own means( positive intentions I presume).

you may find, as I and many others have, that the only way to allow energy to become your servant, is to imagine and visualize it happening.

here are some sites to get you started

www.psi-pog.net
meta-religion.com...

also check out Edgar Cayce and metaphysics

learn about the history of the pyramid builders
Atlantis and Atlantean history will reveal to you, a lot of reasons why these conspiracies consist to this day...
good luck and peace in your travels!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Okay, thanks.

I heard that being psychic is like remembering, works like memory, only backwards.

Also, is there a way to do and learn such abilities automatically or instinctively?

By the way, nice all seeing eye, slice me up a piece will you?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Pick one aspect of the paranormal, then find as many books from the library and google the hell out of it..... you should have all you need to concentrate on learning more.

Imo, learn to meditate and visualize first before putting any "theory" into practice. Meditation will help facilitate your "spiritual" growth and once you open those doors, the rest will follow.

good luck

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ihavenoidea wrote:

Also, is there a way to do and learn such abilities automatically or instinctively?

It's just like a muscle you need to train, so basically it's practice, practice, practice.

Here are some things you can get started with:

-- Start paying attention to signs and synchronities in your daily life. For example, ask a question in the morning and ask Spirit/the Universe/whomever you believe in to provide an answer during that day. Then pay close attention to everything you see and hear -- the answer could come through something someone says in passing, through the license plate of the car in front of you, through something that's said on the news, through a newspaper headline... If you keep doing this, you'll get very aware of those things, and they will show up in your life more and more often.

-- Psychic development: start with trying to predict things whenever you can, the weather for the day, what color the next car will be that you see, when the phone rings, who's calling, what kind of shirt your coworker will be wearing today, etc., etc. It's really that simple. The more you do it, the better it will work. Just remember, when you listen inside for the answer, go with the very first answer that pops into your mind, and don't second-guess yourself, ever. Celebrate your successes, but if you were wrong, don't get discouraged; just say "Oh well" and keep going.

-- Ask your more understanding friends and family to help you. Tell them you want to become psychic and need to practice. Tell them to ask you something they want to know about their future and be nice about it if you're wrong. Tell them that from now on, you'll blurt out whatever you see or feel and that they should just go along with it. Then give them an answer. Go with the first thing you get (which can be in the form of you hearing words, seeing a picture in your mind, seeing written words, or whatever) and blurt it out. If you don't "get" anything, pretend you are and go with the first thing that comes to mind. If it's a picture and it doesn't make any sense to you, don't worry, it might to them. Over time, you will get more and more accurate.

-- Write down three questions you would like the answers to and put them in three white envelopes. Make sure you don't know which question is in which envelope. Then take one of the envelopes, sit down, relax, breathe. Ask Spirit to show you the answer to that question. (The reason why you shouldn't know which question it is, is that if you know the question, you'll focus too much on a specfic answer.) Now let your eyes wander around the room and see what jumps out on you: the color blue, a photo, a paperclip... also listen inside and see if anything comes up. Assume that everything you see, hear and feel is part of the answer to that question. Write everything down on a notepad, even if it's just single, random words. Don't try to interpret, just take it all in. When you feel you're done, look at your notes and then open the envelope and read the question. It's quite amazing how you can get an answer that way!

The thing that keeps most people from doing this is that they fear to make a fool of themselves. You have to overcome that fear and just go for it. As I said, do not second-guess yourself, that's the worst thing you can do. After a while, you'll be surprised how accurate some of your perceptions are.

I once trained myself in this way and became so incredibly psychic that I started working as a professional Tarot reader.
This stuff is much less mysterious than people think, and it's quite easy to develop psychic powers if you're persistent.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Okay, thanks.

I heard that being psychic is like remembering, works like memory, only backwards.

Well, I tend to separate the paranormal and the occult into two completely different things. As far as magick and ghosts are concerned, I can't help you. I stay as far away from that stuff as I possibly can.

Things like psychic/psionic abilities and the developing thereof, I can help you with. Unfortunately for you though, there is no quick way.

It's practice, practice, practice!

Here's a site that ought to help you out:
www.psipog.net...

Here's the site's library of articles:
www.psipog.net...

Have fun and keep practicing!

Originally posted by sylvie
I once trained myself in this way and became so incredibly psychic that I started working as a professional Tarot reader.

Um, Tarot is not psychic/psionic. It may be or may not be magick, but it is not psychic/psionic. I'd say anything requiring the use of objects to work(I.E. Crystal Ball, Tarot, etc., etc.) isn't psychic/psionic.

I believe that things of that nature fall into the area of the occult.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't like the idea of messing with something that I can't shoot with a shotgun either.

Not looking to do telepathic or psychic abilities right now.

Right now, just just to find a bit more on the topics I had trouble with on google.

None which I found on psipong either.

But I'll get to the questions.

What are chaotics?

Ever gone up to people that never seen you in their life and you say 'Nice to finally meet you,' or 'You and I were supposed to meet?'

What's that all about?

How to you develop the five senses, (clairaudice, clairvoyance, etc), and what is needed for detecting the paranormal, such as astral beings and other psi-users?

What is the name for being aware of all planes of reality and time lines?

What is it called viewing the past?

What is 'universal awareness'?

Is there such a deal as psi-theft?

What is tracking?

What are 'seeds'?

And what is foreshadowing and what is involved with knowing what people are going to say next and ripping the words out of (and possibly place words) from and into their mouth?

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Pick one aspect of the paranormal, then find as many books from the library and google the hell out of it..... you should have all you need to concentrate on learning more.

Imo, learn to meditate and visualize first before putting any "theory" into practice. Meditation will help facilitate your "spiritual" growth and once you open those doors, the rest will follow.

good luck

I plan to do meditation soon, however, what I want isn't easily found on Google.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't like the idea of messing with something that I can't shoot with a shotgun either.

Not looking to do telepathic or psychic abilities right now.

yeah, this stuff is not for everyone...although meditation will never hurt...its amazing what you can learn from quieting the mind for a good 5 minutes or more a day. You can vastly improve your life by meditating and communicating with your subconscious....but its not necessary. The ancient knowledge simply states that there is a microcosm of the universe, inside of you..you can learn to listen and reprogram yourself for success...not to say that you aren't successful already..a lot of people will try and sell this information but its free...

Right now, just just to find a bit more on the topics I had trouble with on google.

None which I found on psipong either.

That site is psi-pog but since you dont want to open up this door yet, thats not really a site that can help too much, because it is focused on progressing innate psychic abilities within each of us...

But I'll get to the questions.

What are chaotics?

Ever gone up to people that never seen you in their life and you say 'Nice to finally meet you,' or 'You and I were supposed to meet?'

What's that all about?

Im not sure about chaotics, but it sounds interesting.
I have randomly walked up to people and learned many things by doing this. I don't know if saying those will do anything to the average lemming, because they will assume you have no social ettiquette(sp Im hella tired) however I always like to say hello to people I don't know, because to me its just other ways of the universe communicating to you. Its best to listen....

How to you develop the five senses, (clairaudice, clairvoyance, etc), and what is needed for detecting the paranormal, such as astral beings and other psi-users?

The five senses you possess are already pretty developed, barring any handicaps you may or may not have...but I believe there are many other senses. Keep in mind that our five senses only detect a very small fraction of the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Upon further research and astral travel, I have found that dna activation is key to unlocking these senses. There are many ways to activate dormant DNA.
Meditation and visually imagining yourself acquiring and using the sense you want to be able to have should allow you to acquire the sense. Of course you cannot expect this overnight. It can take years or it can take seconds...depends on the individual.
You cannot detect the ''paranormal'' with the current technology civilians are allowed access to today. But you can learn to sense many things and have Out of Body experiences at will. But this all takes time and meditation. FOCUS

What is the name for being aware of all planes of reality and time lines?

some would call it the christ consciousness. Some would call it nirvana or enlightenment. Some would even call it claircognizance. There are many words(symbols) to describe everything...but the things we speak of transcend words.

What is it called viewing the past?

remote viewing or astral travel. The idea is that when you enter the fourth dimension, where time does not exist, every single event that occurred or is to occur, or that may occur, and every being that ever lived, at every stage of existence, are all in a giant bowl, and that you can eventually learn to navigate this bowl when you learn to willfully leave your body.

What is 'universal awareness'?

universal awareness

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
also this may or may not be of any interest to you
I implore you to dig around and assume the identity of a detective

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Okay, great.

But what I heard about chaotics are people with very unbalanced, shifting auras.

I also noticed that my question on ripping words into and out of people's minds was not answered.

Why is that?

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
To the OP: The best way to learn about the occult would be what I was told early on... Let it find you!

Defenitely listen to people it certainly helps. Everbody has their own experiences and own path that is unique to their "own world".

Try going to an occult book store and browse the book section. Take your time.
See what grabs your attention. The best occult resources I have found which let me develop the most where through synchronous events. For example while wondering around small shop a friend and I found two different books on the same topic. These books where at different ends of the book store and misplaced. We have since practiced much out of these books and they have helped us grow immensely.

After a few visits and a little reading you will start to find what you need.

Enjoy the journey and dont rush it.
It will take work but it is definitely worth it.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by freelogic]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ihavenoidea

While in this thread you've already received some good advices, I'd like to recommend you to seek out Alice Bailey's books, for example, treatise on cosmic fire. They're bit older books and may be difficult to find, but they are good for finding out about these things.

Best regards,

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Go to a used book store and find old, dusty occult books. They seem to have a power all their own even if it's just as objects of inspiration. There is something startlingly undead and magical about an old hardcover like that. Might help to move blockages and gain access to the arts of you you're looking for.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Okay, great.

But what I heard about chaotics are people with very unbalanced, shifting auras.

I also noticed that my question on ripping words into and out of people's minds was not answered.

Why is that?

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

I thought I'd jump in, hope you don't mind!

People who work with chaos magically are more balanced actually. Chaos is naturally both creative and destructive. There is a balance that chaos work gives the magician. Through destruction, there is creation. Sort of like death and rebirth philosophies.

As a magical practitioner, I feel that chaos often gets a bad rap. Most people who are not familiar with working with such magics often have misconceptions as to what certain aspects of magical work is because of the way it is defined by society. Ultimately, all successful magical work comes from within the magician.

This is a story I like to use to explain chaos to people:

You're driving to work and you notice the Check Engine light comes on in your car. You see it, but decide that since your car is running fine that there's no reason for alarm and continue on your way.

The next day you notice that your car isn't running as well as it should. Again, you see the Check Engine light on, and decide that it'll have to wait because you don't get paid until Friday.

It's Friday morning, during rush hour traffic. You're late for work. You have an important presentation to give. Your car stops and you can't get it started again. You see the Check Engine light staring at you again. You get out of the car, push it to the side of the road by yourself, get your best suit dirty, call for a tow and learn that it will be at least an hours wait and then call your boss, who's very upset by your news.

This, to me, is a prime example of how chaos works. The Universe gave you a sign (the Check Engine light). You ignored the sign, so the Universe gave you a bigger sign (your car isn't running right). You pushed aside the second sign. Chaos steps in and forces change (your car breaks down).

By chaos intervening, you have no choice but to make a change that is, in the end, for the better (getting your car fixed).

That's my take

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Books are an excellent place to start. As in Sites such as this one when it comes to the Paranormal. Speaking to other individuals who are also interested in this field.

You stated "I don't see the point of studying astrology" this is very crucial when it comes to certain aspects when studying occultism etc. You may want to rethink this my friend. If you're not willing to except this in your studding's you will not learn much.

One cannot just get "straight to the point" when learning the paranormal and/or the occult, it takes time and understanding in. You may want to rethink this if you're not wanting to open all doorways if you think there's know point to certain "topics" when you think may be boring or no use of.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Ekstasis]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Not the OP, but I wanted to thank everyone for the links and information. Finding out more about my tendency to have dead-on intuition is part of the reason I signed up for this forum, and the links and posts on this thread have been really interesting and helpful.

Thanks again, you guys!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join