It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God Is Dead, Who Gets His House?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Atheists are systemically targeted and discriminated against in America. Maybe we should build a church. We could get tax a exemption and protection against discrimination. We could use it as a political base the way the fundamentalists do. The atheist needs to be educated to be able to defend themselves against the Christian onslaught.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DickieDee
Atheists are systemically targeted and discriminated against in America. Maybe we should build a church. We could get tax a exemption and protection against discrimination. We could use it as a political base the way the fundamentalists do. The atheist needs to be educated to be able to defend themselves against the Christian onslaught.

So you're saying.... turn atheism into another bigoted pseudo-religion(yeah, poor choice of words there, but I can't think of anything better, sorry), and try to take over a political party like the Religious Right?

Yikes; I hope that's not a common idea among atheists, I don't like the idea of ANY religious(or non-religious, as is the case with atheism) group with an agenda being in control. If only people actually practiced separation of church and state, and left religious issues out of the government.

Don't get me wrong, just about anything is better than what we've got in charge right now; but I have a problem with fundamentalist ANYTHING.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DickieDee

I think they already did that a while back.

Oh BTW to answer your question posed in your title. I get his house. He willed it to me back in the late 1300s because of a gambiling debt he owed me. So I get heaven and Jesus gets the right to send souls to hell.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DickieDee

or we could all back the church of the flying spaghetti monster and turn a parody religion into a tax-exempt institution.

they have a gospel and the place of worship would be a pirate ship.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
" flying speghetti monster "

yeap.... it continues....

good thread guys.:w:

top topics

join