It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Real UFO Photo....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have a question for all of you, and I hope this may benefit many of you and help expand some minds, or perhaps it will just piss everyone off. What would it take for you to look at a photo and say "That is Real!", "That is Definatly not a Fake!". Honestly - Now I am not saying I have seen a picture that I can say there is no way that is faked, but honestly what would it take. Every Photo or video that is shown here, 98% of everyone here will shout fake... That is a reflection of light, that was probably photoshopped in. Well technically everything can be photoshopped in, or manipulated into video with Maya. Look at the movies these days it gets harder and harder to tell if it is CG or Real. So what would it take, some of you may say, well if I see it in the sky with my own eyes I would believe it. Well even then it could be reflected light, or a weather balloon or who knows what.

I guess what I am getting at is, couldn't we get past the whole Fake shouting match, and all unanimously say - "YES - it is quite possibly a fake", and focus more on whether it is possible it is real. It feels so negative everywhere. Or perhaps I got the wrong impression - maybe this forum is far more dominated by people who don't believe in ufo's or aliens. Could I honestly have a good discussion about aliens, and or ufo's without it going negative. Just because one doesn't believe another person doesn't mean I have to tell them they are wrong. You can say "well thats not how I see it but maybe your right." Now your mind has not been closed, and you have left a feeling of discussion, instead of a need to hostelly attack.

Well I Just thought this might be interesting to some of you - Heres where you attack me, and explain to me "Isn't that the purpose of a forum to discuss, and attack one another?", I guess I come to forums for a different reason. For those of you who understand what I am say I say thanks for listening, and I hope you all have a good day.

Blake

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I would have to say that the only people you should be listening to are the people who actually PROVE the falsity of a photograph. People like internos are great at this. They always find another photo to reference the one in question, or take a look at the light source for photographic problems.

Just stay away from the people who just say "CGI" and walk away. Its useless to do anything other than THEORIZE about how genuine a pic is. I sometimes say, "I THINK this looks pretty fake," but unless I can prove anything either way how am I adding any real contribution?

My opinion? Some stuff is widely regarded as fake without any REAL debunking. The Caret Drones are like that. Yeah, the story is one tall tale, but no one's PROVEN anything to me yet. I think they're fake but I'll never know I guess.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
With our ever advancing technology, it's obviously very easy to fake a picture or even video (i.e. The Haiti UFO video last summer) these days.

Even if debunker's don't say the supposed UFO is not a bird or something other than a UFO, they'll say it's just photo-shopped well.

In these times, a photo isn't even evidence, only to those who took the picture(s) and know it's real.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yep, there are plenty of folks who'll see a photo and say "fake, hoax, next..." without offering any evidence or argument to back it up.

Sometimes, early on, an entire thread may be taken over and killed by the skeptic monster. (I call him Skeptor.) But, the thing is, it's always easier to confirm evidence of fraud then evidence of legitimacy.

ATS can definately label something a [HOAX] but, no matter how convincing the evidence, there will always be the lingering doubt that some tell-tale clue has been overlooked and it may, thus, be nearly impossible to ever label something [REAL].

Unless, of course, a UFO lands on the White House lawn. But, then again, the conspiracy theorists would just claim that's it's a government hoax.

Happy hunting.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have a story about a photo, that IMO was real.....

I used to be a "Body Driver" back in the day and I went to a death scene at a senior citizen home. The woman was in her 80's and she had no next of kin. Her closest friend was her nurse. Well, I get called to bag her and transport her to the M.E. office. When I get there, there are 2 cops an investigator and the nurse. When I walk in, the nurse and the death investigator are with the deceadent in the deceadant room with the door closed. so im waiting in the living room with one of the cops. The other cop was waiting outside on the balcony. I start looking around the room looking at the decor. I then notice a photo that was framed on the wall. It was a original photo with the type of hard back, with the date of 1969 printed on it. it was shot on Kodak film and it was in color. it looked like it was taken in the mountains somewhere, where, I dont know.

But smack dab in the middle and pretty close up a shiny silver UFO.

I looked at the cop that was there with me and said "Did you see this sh!t?"

and he rolls his eyes and said "Yes" and he calls for his partner..

The partner walks back in from the belcony and says " Yeah man, I saw that sh!t too! it has to be real, it looks real!" the other cop shook his head.

Well when the Nurse and the death investigator walk out of the room to tell me that the woman was ready to go, I stopped the nurse and asked her "Is this photo real?" she replied " she always said that that was real and that the woman had "taken the photo along time ago."

Myself and the convinced cop looked at eachother and just nodded our heads.

That photo was real.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Frankenchrist]

new topics

top topics

join