It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Phoenix Lights Hoaxer Might Be Lying About Hoaxing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Now you're talking!

I'm in LA, and will be down to San Diego within the next few weeks. I'll let you know when I have a firm date. We don't necessarily have to meet up to work together on this either. I can set up to view and record your experiment from a distance, while you are at the scene releasing the balloons.

I'll tell you up front though, after doing the math it looks like it will take 16 balloons (normal sized party balloons) to life one flare. That in and of itself tells me right off the bat that once re-created, this experiment will produce a VERY different visual signature than what we see in both the original Phx lights, or in this new video. 16 balloons all tied to one flare would be visible in the light of the flare.

Only one suggestion, if/when we do decide to re-create this experiment. Let's involve the fire dept. If they tell us that the experiment is unacceptable due to fire conditions, we should respect that decision, and consider the Fire Dept's answer as further evidence against the alleged hoaxer's story (unless/until the alleged hoaxer is arrested and investigated by the local phoenix authorities for the same reasons).

If the Fire Dept agrees to the experiment and offers to supervise, we'll be immune to such prosecution ourselves, because we took the proper precautions. At any rate, I think it's wise to cover all bases, and to do our best to ensure the safety of the entire SouthWest from fire.

If this is acceptable to you, we can iron out the details. I'm sure there are other ATS people in San Diego also, I'm hoping that others will respond. But if you need me, I'll let you know when I'll be in the area.

-WFA

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I've had my doubts about this 'hoaxer'.... good to see im not the only one.

Also, to snook, Be really careful too, its very very dry out here as well!!!

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Chiiru]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Oh, I almost forgot, the 'flare tied to a balloon' theory can be tested without even launching a balloon. That's an experiment that can be recreated in your garage.

I tried it with a candle and a piece of string, and the candle once suspended would not remain perpendicular to the string. Once it fell parallel (which is inevitable with either a candle or a flare, because they both burn decreasing their mass on one end) the flame burns through the tie line.

So I couldn't get the mechanism to work, even before attempting to launch the system on a balloon (which we already know won't work due to the weight/lift capacity issue).

If anyone else can get this experiment to work, I'd like to see the results, and I'll try again to duplicate them.

-WFA

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
WFA... Are you talking to me?
If you are, I'm in Albuquerque. So unless we meet up in the middle to re-create this experiment then we may be on own. But in order to get answers or rock the boat it would be kinda cool to disprove such a wild claim. Plus, it should be easy enough. We could plan it out and think of most different ways this could've been handled. I just worry about cost.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

Sounds good. I guess all we need now is to set a date to test it. And yes, I have thought about the possibility of the flare burning its own line connecting it to the balloon. In my mind, the only way to tie a flare to the balloon and keep it perpendicular is to tie the string to the north and south ends of each flare, then tie that string to each balloon. You would still get limited burning time though before the flare flame would burn the string...hmmmm.

Hmmm. What about going out to the pacific ocean and lighting these off? That seems pretty fire hazard free.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by snookhums

LOL sorry, I didn't see your post, I was responding to VisionQuest, and my post was placed at the top of page 2. I didn't see that you had posted before I finished typing mine

Visionquest is in San Diego, and I'm in LA, and I plan to be in his/her area within the next few weeks.

But I'm pretty sure there are some in your area as well. Chiru, are you far from Snookhums?

Speaking of costs, if the hoaxer wanted to prove his story (instead of simply causing a media sensation) they could certainly disclose the receipts of the materials they supposedly purchased. But of course that would give us exactly what we need to do a specific recreation (which in my current theory is not what the alleged hoaxer wants to see done).

That information was lacking in the news reports, as far as I could tell.

-WFA

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah, maybe some ATSers in the NM area could get together and try to re-create the scenario. It would be interesting to see the results both our parties come up with.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest
Hmmm. What about going out to the pacific ocean and lighting these off? That seems pretty fire hazard free.

That does sound like a good idea. In a previous thread, someone mentioned that the air/wind conditions would be different, however it's the visual effect that is mostly imporant here, and most important of all, testing to see if you can actually get a helium balloon to lift a flare (which I still doubt heavily, pun intended
).

In fact, I believe that Chinese folks here in So Cal are required to launch their balloons over the ocean during the new years celebration. I'm not 100% certian on that, but I read about it last fall after fire season, when there was a sighting in San Diego that resembled sky lanterns. It was an article in Sign on San Diego (the online media that posts articles from the San Diego Union Tribune). I couldn't find the article in a google search, but I remember reading it last year.

I'll check with my GF (she keeps my schedule to elliminate confusion) and see what weekend I'll be in SD. I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow.

-WFA

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I thought he was lying as soon as he said it. It would be easy to show if he is telling the truth. What he says is simple enough. Let's just have him duplicate it with an audience. If he can do it again, then I will believe it. If not, then he is a liar.

I believe this as much as I believe the Air Force in the Stephensville(sp) incident.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

The last thing they want to hear is tell us about your hoax.

Which is good thing, since we can learn little about the real event we
can certainly find out if the hoaxer was motivated by a Men In Black
contract.

Or can we now.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

But I'm pretty sure there are some in your area as well. Chiru, are you far from Snookhums?

wfa I'm about 3- 3 1/2 hrs from Alb...Kinda far, lol, they're Northern, I'm Southern.
I'd like to see this

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I have an idea that may help with tying off the flare to the string to enable maximum flight time. However, I don't remember the guy saying he did this;

You know when you go pike fishing, the pike have teeth so they can bite through normal fishing line, so you use a "steel leader" to attach to the lure so if the fish bites in front of the lure it can't bite through the line. So, maybe try attaching some sort of metal leader directly to the flare then tie the line off that.

However two things come to my mind that affect the experiment:

1. The new "steel leader" adds even more wait to the contraption

2. As stated above, the "hoaxer" didn't mention the use of anything but fishing line.

Anyways worth a try to see you can get them airborne long enough to see your experiment to its ends

Cant wait for your results, although I have a feeling we already know them

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The "hoaxer" is the go-to damage control guy for this sort of thing. Its clear the Phoenix lights were not balloons with flares on them. I think just about anyone with half a brain can figure that out.

Was it aliens in spaceships? I don't know. All I know is that it wasn't balloons.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
just goes to show you that there is no limit to how low the
Powers That Be and the msm will stoop to in order to
forward their AGENDA/s.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
lol@ at our government always saying they are flares or weather balloons..

imo that is clearly alien spacecraft,i wish i was outside to see it myself

they always have someone come out and say they caused whatever it was,sad that they want to cover up the fact that we are not alone still after all these years.

I soo cant wait for them to make complete contact..come on down and talk to us!
..humans can be violent so i understand them staying at a distance,but come on..take a chance

take care

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
lol@ at our government always saying they are flares or weather balloons..

imo that is clearly alien spacecraft,i wish i was outside to see it myself

they always have someone come out and say they caused whatever it was,sad that they want to cover up the fact that we are not alone still after all these years.

I soo cant wait for them to make complete contact..come on down and talk to us!
..humans can be violent so i understand them staying at a distance,but come on..take a chance

take care

What if there are humans inside, like Billy Meier's Swiss miss, and
they don't want to talk to you.

And its possible there is a crew of alien actors on board ready to
fool at any grounding not too injurious.
Hauled out on stretchers it has been noted that regular sized and
little people have been removed at crash sites.

Alternative information like this a National Security risk so keep on
with the alien myth.

Good work.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I think I'm gonna try the match stick tied to a balloon and film that. Film different angles and possible ways to attach it to the string without burning it.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
All i can say is the man must be a genius!

Imagine sending balloons with flares and then imagine them flying in formation. THEN imagine them changing formation again into another pattern.

WOW

Isnt there a punishment for causing a scene in the sky? Or..is he protected because its convenient??

ESPECIALLY IN FIRE-HAZARD season.

flares + dry grass in populated areas = no arrest?

this is the most perfect example of how dumb the media/gov thinks you really are.

-

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I live in Phoenix. Since it seems as if I am now unemployed I figured I might try and bug this dude, see if I can get anything. My problem is I can't seem to find the guys address. I tried Qwestdex, White Pages and the printed volumes of phone books I have. There is no match to Lino Mailo. Does this guy even exist? I'm no expert on finding people, as a matter of fact I suck at it, so maybe I'm just going about it wrong.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
I live in Phoenix. Since it seems as if I am now unemployed I figured I might try and bug this dude, see if I can get anything. My problem is I can't seem to find the guys address. I tried Qwestdex, White Pages and the printed volumes of phone books I have. There is no match to Lino Mailo. Does this guy even exist? I'm no expert on finding people, as a matter of fact I suck at it, so maybe I'm just going about it wrong.

the other day someone told me that these huge black delta craft are actually giant derigables.. staying buoyant in the atmosphere by heated gas.. so saying they're "balloons" is like.. half-truth-speak....literally "lead zeppelins"..

their purpose? .. he said during huge crisis.. these go around and pick up people in their car along traffic-congested highways of people trying to escape .... people that have a "ticket" .. (sounds so out there i know) ... people either important.. or have "done their part" or are "in on the game plan" .. and get brought to underground bunker base entry points..
the tickets just say where to be at what time... specific highway exits.. parked on the shoulder of the road...

they call these delta craft.. "Limousines"... some have huge logos on them of animals like on royal or family crests... .some bear, some eagle some tiger

and (the guy didn't tell me this part) .. but i just looked up "Lino Mailo" as an anagram and it does spell .."A Lion Limo" .. coincidence? //shrug///

this was told to me by a middle aged guy at a local bar.. he was a veteran..and hammered off his arse. completely inebriated.. so.. take it with a football-field size grain of salt.

could be completely made up crap... or could make perfect sense... dunno.

-

[edit on 2-5-2008 by prevenge]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join