It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Phoenix Lights Hoaxer Might Be Lying About Hoaxing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hi All...

I found this interesting little tidbit concerning the new Phoenix lights hoax...and perhaps the hoaxer was lying that he hoaxed? Read it and see what you think...here's an excerpt from the source...

After hearing the hoax story, I contacted a friend who lives in Phoenix. He agreed to try and reach Mailo or his neighbor. Since the article came out on Tuesday, attempts to contact Lino Mailo have failed. He does not answer his door and his neighbor wasn't home when my friend stopped by on two occasions. In fact, people living two houses down from Mailo say that they know Lino's next store neighbor and he was not home on Monday night. They claim they were out in their own backyard that evening and would have seen balloons with flares being launched. They also agreed to ask him about the flare story when they next see or speak with him.

Also in this piece are some interesting views opposing the idea that the lights were indeed a string of balloons with flares attached.

Also interesting is this little tidbit as well...

The FFA says that the lights did not appear on radar and weren't a threat to any air traffic, so no action was taken. However, the FAA has issued a statement saying that they will not allow the Air Traffic Controllers to talk about what they saw.

I searched to see if anyone had posted this particular source and didn't find anything but the original thread about how the lights were an admitted hoax perpetrated by this Lino Mailo, if it indeed it was already posted, I apologize.

Taken from:
www.opednews.com...

[edit on 1-5-2008 by LateApexer313] I found a video of the lights sighted over Phoenix...Does this video look like balloons with flares on them being moved with fishing line? You be the judge, maybe Internos will give an opinion?

[edit on 2-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I just e-mailed the man who wrote that piece to see if he has heard anything else from his friend in Phoenix who was attempting to find the hoaxer at home and who talked to the man's neighbors who reported that they were outside that night and would have seen the launching of balloons and flairs.

If he responds to the e-mail I will report back.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
All i can say is the man must be a genius!

Imagine sending balloons with flares and then imagine them flying in formation. THEN imagine them changing formation again into another pattern.

WOW

Isnt there a punishment for causing a scene in the sky? Or..is he protected because its convenient??

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
To me the guy who said he hoaxed it, did so to keep this whole event quiet. It's like he has an agenda against the phoenix lights or something? The retard said that most likely the original UFOs from the 97 account were that exactly, flares tied to balloons. He seems like a religious freak, and simply wants to single-handedly kill the whole UFO mystery with his corny hoax story!

I say that he needs to put up or shut up. He needs to send a few more balloons with flares and film them. Hell, if he were a real hoaxer, he should have filmed the whole deal in the first place. It would lend credibility to his whole argument. Not simply go like a moron claiming hoax without a shred of evidence. Phuk him, he seems like a liar.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by The Coward]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Dgtempe - Yes I wondered that myself, you'd think they would have sent the police to talk to him about his little stunt, surely citizens can't just rig any old contraption together and fly it around in the air space like that? Highly suspicious, and like you said, how CONVENIENT that they aren't investigating him.

The Coward - I totally agree, where's the pictures of him standing proudly by the remains of his balloons, rigged with the "fishing line" that he used to "make formations" with his contraption? Most hoaxers are quite proud and love to tell all about how they fooled everyone.

I am not buying it either.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I found some more information from the guy who wrote the opening article on his web site...

billknell.tripod.com...

Further, I asked Kelly Atwood, a professional photographic software expert, to take a look at the video and photos from 4/21/08 lights event. She has extensive experience examining UFO photos for legitimacy and has been able to identify many hoaxes involving balloons, dry cleaning bags and flares.

Kelly says that the lights were too bright and the wrong color to be flares. She also states that the video does not show the normal affect that flares exhibit as they burn. Instead, the lights resemble objects that would have been much larger with a steady source of illumination.

Scroll down to the date 4/28/08 if you want to read it in it's entirety.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward
To me the guy who said he hoaxed it, did so to keep this whole event quiet. It's like he has an agenda against the phoenix lights or something? The retard said that most likely the original UFOs from the 97 account were that exactly, flares tied to balloons. He seems like a religious freak, and simply wants to single-handedly kill the whole UFO mystery with his corny hoax story!

I say that he needs to put up or shut up. He needs to send a few more balloons with flares and film them. Hell, if he were a real hoaxer, he should have filmed the whole deal in the first place. It would lend credibility to his whole argument. Not simply go like a moron claiming hoax without a shred of evidence. Phuk him, he seems like a liar.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by The Coward]

Well if he also claimed the original Phoenix Lights was a hoax, then yes he is full of it!!!

I was a witness to The Phoenix Lights, and the GIGANTIC craft flew over my head!!! Not flares, Not Baloons!!!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

Hi bigdaddy,

That news channel you gave me that had the video of the original craft from the 1997 event never got back to me
I pestered them a few times, not even a form response

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
well duh. i could have told you that. that guy had liar written all over his face. the first time this came out about the guy saying it was a hoax and i heard what he did. I knew that he was lying it doesn't add up. the lights were moving different places and making different shapes.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

Yes it was a lame story at best, but just because he "looked" like he was lying doesn't cut it for me, I would like to see proof either way, would be nice to officially see him exposed...or for him to prove his claim.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
it was probably some uncover military official. i cant believe people believe that loser.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The Phoenix lights video reminded of this one posted recently that was filmed on the west coast of Scotland - in terms of formation and characteristics the video quality is pretty poor though.. what do you think?

Original thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

cheers

berth

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I got an e-mail from Bill Knell, author of the source in the OP.

"We're still investigating this matter and hope to have more on it soon. Thanks.
Bill"

badBertha- Yes they remind me of the original ones except they were white...and seemed way brighter to me then these red ones in the new footage.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What up guys! I'm sorry to bust this thread's bubble but we've gone into detail of explanations for this topic on the thread below. Many things didn't add up and we have punched holes into this flare story, so check it out.

New Phoenix Lights story ---- CLICK HERE

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Look like snookums beat me to it here, but I'd also like to suggest that people read the other thread by Kleverone.

I've personally taken this guy's claim and put it under the microscope, and it doesn't hold up at all. He claims he was using normal balloons filled with helium, and those don't have enough lift to even carry a flare.

The details are in this post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good on you LateApexer for smelling somthing foul in this guy's story!

-WFA

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hi LA. This is a great story. I have been busy and kind of let the most recent Pheonix Lights incident go. Starred and flagged to watch the progress.

And thanks, snookhums, for the link. I'll catch up with both today.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Awesome! We're looking forward towards your input. Good job WFA! Nice looking out. This flare story doesn't hold up one bit! Anyway check out the link WFA and I have posted.

ps. I really need more points so I can put up a nifty picture background. lol

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Schnookhums - Thanks for the thread...I read it, but figured this was new news with the UFO Bill Knell investigating it and actually talking to the man's neighbors and all...I thought it was worthy of it's own thread and figured the mods would close this one if they saw fit.

Witness - Thanks...this one is really nagging me for some reason...so glad this Bill Knell is investigating it, I want the hoaxer to be debunked for sure...what a silly story.

Rush - Thanks for stopping by ...yeah I can't wait to see how it unfolds if I lived closer to Phoenix I'd be camped out on the hoaxer's doorstep until he screamed UNCLE lol.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Great post. I too have wondered how an ordinary helium balloon could provide enough lift to carry flares. Lets also not forget that when flares are lit, they illuminate the smoke and residue they produce in air. I see no evidence of this kind of burning in the old or current PHX videos. This requires further investigation at the least.

P.S. I am up for re-creating and video-taping this as an experiment to bring some clarity to the 'flare' debate. I have a safe location scouted out. If anyone else is interested let me know.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I live in NM and there is quite a bit of remote locations out here. I was thinking about re-creating such an event on a smaller scale to show the dynamics behind it.
I was thinking of going through with this scenario with 2 flares, and helium balloons bought from Party City. Not sure how much it would all cost, plus I have my own camcorder I could record it with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join