It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About The Origins Of Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
well here i am again, with another question...This time not about creatinism but about evolution and how man came about...

I tend to lean more towards evolution than creationism in this, but i dont fully accept either as fact...because both have flaws....creationism moreso than evolution IMO

well my question about evolution is simply, how did man come about??? im not exactly buying that all of a sudden, one day out of the blue a monkey gave birth to a human....or am i completely misunderstanding how evolution is supposed to work???

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ok well...

This thread is a bit of a non-starter as people will have many views on how the creation of man came about!

Personaly i believe that this planet is some sort of experiment by either higher beings or who ever created it. If you think about it logically there is no explanation as to why we live for a number of years and just die! We are born to die... and in the process trying new things beforehand like technology!

Technology is advancing rapidly and maybe shouldn't be so!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

....or am i completely misunderstanding how evolution is supposed to work???

Yes.

And there is a very good reason for why we live for a number of years and just die. Our bodies decay as we get older, and eventually our metabolism winds down and we have trouble replacing lost cells. Eventually our immune system goes (this is of course assuming you didn't die already from some other cause) and you die of a heart attack or the flu or something.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
ok, well then how is evolution supposed to work???

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by AlexG141989

....or am i completely misunderstanding how evolution is supposed to work???

Yes.

And there is a very good reason for why we live for a number of years and just die. Our bodies decay as we get older, and eventually our metabolism winds down and we have trouble replacing lost cells. Eventually our immune system goes (this is of course assuming you didn't die already from some other cause) and you die of a heart attack or the flu or something.

No no no no...

your forgetting the concept of what i am saying!
What im saying is there is no point in living to just die!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk

No no no no...

your forgetting the concept of what i am saying!
What im saying is there is no point in living to just die!

Well in that case I agree with you in that there is no point to life, I'm what you'd call an apatheist. If you believe that we exist to evolve, then death performs a very necessary function in clearing out the old to make room for the new. If we never died we'd all still be single-celled organisms.

As for evolution, Humans and Apes have a common ancestor, many millions of years ago there would have been primitive apes that looked like other apes, but they started to walk upright and move out of the forests and into the plains where they adopted a tribal structure to survive, which became the first societies etc etc until you have modern humans.

In fact, if you look back far enough all life on earth would find a common ancestor in some cyanobacteria or something.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You might be interested in Edgar Cayces story of the origins and evolution of man:

www.near-death.com...

Please take the time to fully read it before passing judgement, you might find it highly interesting and exactly what you are seeking to have answered.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
You might be interested in Edgar Cayces story of the origins and evolution of man:

www.near-death.com...

Please take the time to fully read it before passing judgement, you might find it highly interesting and exactly what you are seeking to have answered.

I would take anything from that source with a grain of salt.

Not to pass judgment or anything, believe whatever you want. However, I think the OP is in the pursuit of knowledge, not alternative religious views.

If you ask about the origin of humans, a million different people will tell you a million different stories. The point is no one knows for sure. Our understanding of human evolution is currently the best answer because it fully incorporates all of the physical evidence left around for us to observe.

join