It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons and exorcism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

I made no assumptions about you. I only questioned the veracity of your assertions and the credibility of your sources.

The fact is, there is no valid evidence supporting the existence of intervibrational entities and if there was, there isn't any evidence linking either the Catholic church nor the Freemasons to them. The premise of initial post is invalid and therefore the question you pose is also invalid.

If you're going to use something like "intervibrational entities" in your hypothesis , it is probably best to include evidence of it's existence.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWitch

If you're going to use something like "intervibrational entities" in your hypothesis , it is probably best to include evidence of it's existence.

Just because you don't believe in aliens, it doesn't mean that they don't exist.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by AngelWitch

Just because you don't believe in aliens, it doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Fair enough. But if we're going to be presenting assertion and belief as incontrovertible fact, it also stands to reason that we should be able to provide some evidence as to why someone else should accept those assertions and beliefs.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
And I would invite you to an Ohio communication to witness the strong Anti-Catholic/Jew sentiment provided by the strong Baptist community that dominates Masonry in this state.

I couldn't see Masons and Catholics getting along any more then Peace of Earth is a possibility.

From my probings, it is neither the catholics, jews or the masons that cause the problems, especially in modern America, but also historically in Europe, but the fundamentalist christians (of which Baptists can be included and some catholics). Seems in your case, in Ohio, that the Baptist Masons are little different to the more elitist branches of Prussian freemasonry, who opposed inclusion of both Jews and Catholics, and were mainly protestants.

Seems to me that many protestants have forgotten just what they were protesting against and have themselves assumed the role of oppressor.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

And I would invite you to an Ohio communication to witness the strong Anti-Catholic/Jew sentiment provided by the strong Baptist community that dominates Masonry in this state.

I missed this statement earlier, thanks to Kilgore for bringing it to attention.

My area is Baptist-dominated as well....especially the Southern Baptists. Probably 95% of my Lodge's members are Southern Baptists.

In my Lodge, we have at least 2 Roman Catholic members that I'm aware of, and in my Scottish Rite Temple, at least 4 Jewish members that I'm aware of (grandpa, son, 2 grandsons). Would these brothers not be welcome in your Lodge? And if they lived in your jurisdiction, would they be denied admission because of their religious beliefs?

I'm not trying to pick on you or your Lodge, but that statement is concerning.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Had nothing to do with my lodge. I couldn't tell you what any-one's religion is in my lodge aside from the Catholics, and only because we just got done with Easter and they had to miss SR practices for Holy Week.

I was talking about the Communication, where I simply noted that there was a divide that on certain issues erupted into Protestant vs. Catholics and Jews. It would appear from me from watching the debates, some groups of people (whom I do believe where small country lodges) had a very strong stance against the "immoral" life styles of Jews and Catholics -- like the consumption of alcohol.

Anyways, the entire point of my comment is that Freemasonry is not exempt from bigotry. And that Catholics still rub the wrong way with some brothers of other faiths.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Anyways, the entire point of my comment is that Freemasonry is not exempt from bigotry. And that Catholics still rub the wrong way with some brothers of other faiths.

Well, you can encourage a man to better himself but you can't force him. It's unfortunate that way but some will hold onto ill-founded grudges despite all else. And I guess the thing is that human nature being what it is, if the entire world were Protestant Christian then the various sects would turn on each other and take issue with their differences as a pretext for continued divisiveness. Sad really.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Which is exactly why it is illegal in a Masonic lodge to speak of religion..

I personally feel that along with the stringent ban on all forms of religious discussion in a Lodge, no law should be put forth from the Grand Lodge that uses religious ideologies as the pretext for the law. But then again, as you say, that would fight human nature. If people base their personal moral beliefs off their religious beliefs, it becomes impossible to separate the two.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Intervibr... what?

I couldn't see Masons and Catholics getting along any more then Peace of Earth is a possibility.

They get along fine in my lodge, brah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join