It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to Limit Interview with 9/11 Panel to an Hour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The panel investigating the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States will get one hour to ask President Bush what he knew about events leading up to the suicide airline hijackings, the White House said on Friday.
"They are looking at an hour as you pointed out," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said when asked by a reporter whether he could confirm reports that Bush was limiting the meeting to an hour.

Rather than sitting down with all 10 members of the so-called 9/11 commission, Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney have only agreed to meet privately with its chairman, Thomas Kean, and the vice chairman, Lee Hamilton.

The panel would prefer that Bush meet with all of the members.

www.reuters.com...

Bush ought to hang a sign around his neck that reads, "I did it and I have something to hide" and get it over with.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
one hour???

wtf, what do you really think will be accomplished in one hour?

nada, nothing, zilch, why even bother going?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Because they have to go through the motions and pretend that they are being forthcoming.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That's awfully #ty. You are supposed to sit there and answer questions until they are done. I'm waiting for the right side of the board to come to Bush's aid.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How much more crap do we have to take before we all realize that this is a failed administration with failed leaders who are decptive and evil? They have lost 2.6 million American jobs, they were on watch (and may be responsible for 9-11) when the worst terror attack in American history occurred, they lied us into a war which killed 500 Americans and 10,000 Iraqis. They have gotten us to be hated by t eplanet?

Are we all just gonna vote this crew out NOW?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Colonel, please understand, he just booked his next holidays. No time for unimportant questions

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
How much more crap do we have to take before we all realize that this is a failed administration with failed leaders who are decptive and evil? They have lost 2.6 million American jobs, they were on watch (and may be responsible for 9-11) when the worst terror attack in American history occurred, they lied us into a war which killed 500 Americans and 10,000 Iraqis. They have gotten us to be hated by t eplanet?

Are we all just gonna vote this crew out NOW?

Well, in his mind it's not a failed administration. To the Bush administration it's controlled. The majority of American are playing right into thier little game. I'll bet you most think that they don't need a review panel because they know Bush is innocent. This one hour panel is to get we conspirators to shut up or to distract us.

See, IMO throughout history we were allowed to impeach Presidents for something we thought they were doing wrong. I believe 9/11 was the perfect set up so Bush wouldn't be impeached anymore. The Patriot Act? Give me a break. I hate the Patriot Act. Just another way of saying "I'm your president and you have no right to question me. It's unpatriotic.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thats true - its not a failed adminstration. They have succeeded in virtually everything they wanted to do. They have taken the constitution apart, eroded personal freedoms and taken control of the Iraqui oilfields. Exactly as they planned.

jhh

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Very strange, first I cannot believe he is going through with it. And second I thought unless something is related to "national security," all meetings have to be in some way open door.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
One hour??? Just one hour??

I'll think about that the next time I drive past the WTC.

I wonder if the families of the dead think that their lost loved ones deserve more than an hour to find out if something could have been prevented??

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just another ring around the toilet, until it all get's flushed. Thanks George for your time.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by rudelude]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I too think that one hour is not alot of time,but remember how stupid the president is. A guy as dumb as that can make alot of mistakes in one hour without a coach.
Do you think we will ever hear them?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
An hour is a long time. There will only be three people in the room, the co-chairs of the investigation and Dubya. He's not going to tell them anything anyway. And just how long can a person be expected to sit through one of his "evil doer" speeches? In my opinion he's doing the investigators a favor by only talking with them for an hour.

The sucky thing is we will never know what he tells them. All that stuff is sure to get the black sharpie before it's released to the public.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
An hour is a long time. There will only be three people in the room, the co-chairs of the investigation and Dubya. He's not going to tell them anything anyway. And just how long can a person be expected to sit through one of his "evil doer" speeches? In my opinion he's doing the investigators a favor by only talking with them for an hour.

The sucky thing is we will never know what he tells them. All that stuff is sure to get the black sharpie before it's released to the public.

Oh sure he's doing them a favor:

9/11 Panel: Mr. President, could you please answer the question?

Bush: Yes, it was a book about a goat. It was a pretty difficult reading for a children's book.

new topics

top topics

join