It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short introduction - asilvahalo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi, everyone! I'm Asilvahalo. I've been lurking about ATS on-and-off for about a year now, but I just now decided I'd best be posting.

I wouldn't really call myself a believer in many conspiracy theories or paranormal subjects, but I don't really feel I'm critical enough to call myself a skeptic either.

Generally, I've been using the information and personalities here as research and starting points for some of my writing, just to get a sense of what all is out there. Of course, ATS is so incredibly massive I don't think I'll ever be able to keep up with much of it at all!

I'm not sure what all people like hearing about in introduction posts here; I don't have all that much to say about myself (or, really, feel I know enough on any one topic to post much now that I've made my introduction post), but I thought I'd at least make myself known here.

So, yeah. Hi.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS asilvahalo.

You're right about this being a very large site, it took me a while to find may way around when I joined years ago. Along with the many upgrades and changes over time it's managed to keep me entertained and challenged.

I recommend a walk through BTS, the lighter side of the boards. I find it a great escape from the more serious topics. With BTS you can use your same user name and password to access recipes, chat with folks about numerous topics like sports, relationships, movies & TV, plus so much more.

I hope the time you spend here is as enjoyable and educational for you as it has been for me.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome, anxietydisorder.

I'm usually more of a lurker than a poster, and having a common subject to force me to talk is probably a little more useful than me just jumping into someone's conversation about this, that, or the other thing.

On the other hand, I am often a fan of arguing about baseball. Perhaps I should go check BTS out.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I'm a baseball fan too.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome! I really appreciate it.

Can I ask about your favorite teams here, or is that drifting too far off topic?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by asilvahalo

Don't worry about that, when I joined ATS almost four years ago I wasn't expecting to write that much (I never write outside ATS and BTS, and I never did, only when forced
, and I never wrote in English before joining), and here I am today with a total of 4071 posts.

PS: being Portuguese, I am not a fan of baseball (and I don't understand what people see in that game
), so I cannot help with that, but if you want any help in any other area just ask, I may be able to help.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hi asilvahalo, it's nice to meet ya.

Originally posted by asilvahalo
I wouldn't really call myself a believer in many conspiracy theories or paranormal subjects, but I don't really feel I'm critical enough to call myself a skeptic either.

I call us "reasonably skeptical believers".

I hope you enjoy ATS and am looking forward to your posts.

Rush

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes!

ArMaP: Hey, it's cool. I didn't really come to ATS/BTS to talk about baseball (and I get that not everyone loves the game, especially if they didn't grow up with it), I'm just kind of an obsessive stathead about it all. I'll certainly come ask if I have other questions, though!

hsur2112: Yeah. I like to think I can use my rational thinking and knowledge to keep myself from jumping to magical thinking type conclusions, but sometimes it's hard to hold myself back from hoping. (See also: baseball fan.
)

I checked out your profile and it looks like we've got quite a bit in common. Hope to see you around the boards.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Yankees. (I'm in New York)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hiyah Asilvahalo!

Welcome to ATS
Cincinnati Reds fan here...how about yourself? Hope you enjoy posting more then lurking! Have fun on the site and see you around!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Cleveland fan, here, although I grew up disputed Indians/Reds territory (Just south enough of Toledo I didn't end up a Tigers fan!), so I'm a little bit soft on the Reds too, especially now that I'm in disputed Reds/Cubs territory here in Indiana!

Lately, though I've been a lot more into minor league games. I love going on day trips out to A-ball cities to check out the kids just coming up and listen in on scouts and wannabe scouts conversing about the various guys on the field. Lots of fun. You meet the strangest people at A-ball games.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

A formal welcome to ATS, now that you've decided to come out and play. I'm sure with being here a year, you've seen the rules and tips put up, but a link anyway:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And there's a lot of links there for more than rules and T&C, so it's worth a look.

On a baseball note: I live in NW Arkansas, and we just got a new minor league team; the Naturals. Complete with a new stadium. Seems to be going pretty well, though I'm not a big Baseball fan.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thanks! I've seen most, but not all of those threads. I'm going through reading the ones I've missed now.

And you should definitely check out your new minor league team if you get the chance (sometimes local radio stations do free promotions for minor league games if you don't want to shell out any cash for it). Like I said, I've never been to a game where I didn't meet at least one incredibly interesting person.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS asilverhalo. Good to have you with us.

I am a big fan of the Atlanta Braves. I'm in Georgia so it just comes natural. Savannah is about an hour from here and I go there to watch the Sand Gnats. They were the farm team for the Braves.

Go Braves

new topics

top topics

join