It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Bush most unpopular in modern history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Poll: Bush most unpopular in modern history

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

May 1, 2008
WASHINGTON (CNN) — A new poll suggests that George W. Bush is the most unpopular president in modern American history.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Thursday indicates that 71 percent of the American public disapprove of how Bush his handling his job as president.

"No president has ever had a higher disapproval rating in any CNN or Gallup poll; in fact, this is the first time that any president's disapproval rating has cracked the 70 percent mark," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Moderator Edit
>Please read>> *Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[color=#EEB4B4]* Please note that there is a [color=#FFE7BA]character limit of 500 characters [color=#EEB4B4]for the copied story snippet.

[color=#EEEEE0]Exceeding this character limit may result in drastic editing or your thread will be closed, moved or deleted.

[font=Arial Black][color=#CD5555]--khunmoon--
member&staff[/font]

[edit on 2/5/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This is not surprising. But it is still an important story in the news. The Bush Administration has been one failure and empty promise after another.

-ChriS

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

The worst part about this story is that he still has a 28%? approval rating. Who are these people still think he is doing a good job? Bush could seriously eat a baby in front of the nation and that 28% would still think he is doing a good job. They are the same people that when questioned why they think he is doing a good job, would say "Because I believe he is doing a good job", Buy why? "Just because".

WORST PRESIDENT EVER!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Perhaps it is the small percentage of the republican party who support the party before the country. Or maybe it is simply people who are not fully aware of what is going on. Maybe a combination even. I was surprised it was still near 30 percent!

-ChriS

[edit on 2-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'm guessing that the 28% is the Bush family, the Cheney family, Condi and Rummy.

Or people that were stoned when approached with the poll.

Either really.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This very board has very intelligent people who are all for Bush!!!!!

There's always that few. They know he's a lousy president but they will NOT back down and eat their words!

They think 9/11 was caused by foreign terrorists (too bad they have been proven to be alive).

Just keep your eyes on the threads- You will see them defending their leader no matter what is done, said or confessed to.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I've known right wingers in the past that devoutly support and defend Bush even knowing his faults and errors (which blows me away). I think some republicans are just defending the party itself no matter who it is.. Most republicans I've talked to are fed up with Bush though.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
reply to post by BlasteR

The worst part about this story is that he still has a 28%? approval rating. Who are these people still think he is doing a good job? Bush could seriously eat a baby in front of the nation and that 28% would still think he is doing a good job. They are the same people that when questioned why they think he is doing a good job, would say "Because I believe he is doing a good job", Buy why? "Just because".

WORST PRESIDENT EVER!

Who are these people you ask??? They are people like Elisabeth Hasselbeck....The reason I stopped watching 'The View'!!!

People who don't know their a** from their elbow!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Nowadays, so many people hate George W. Bush because they know he is a warmonger & loves to order his military to torture so many people, who have been falsely-accused of being terrorists.

Ireland has many people, who are displeased with him too. I'm almost sure the world hates him and people of his ilk. We're potential victims of him & his advisors.

BANNED Pres. Bush Interview

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Ya know, it really chaps my butt that Americans didn't come to this conclusion MUCH earlier.

:shk:

I knew he was a bozo from the early days of the Republican primaries, before his first election to the Presidency. Where was everyone then?

EDIT:

Btw, we are particularly screwed this election cycle. We're 3 for 3 this time. Any one of them might successfully compete for Bush's new found position.

Mark my words.

:shk:

[edit on 3-5-2008 by loam]

top topics

join