It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom arrested in San Diego, 32 years after escaping Detroit prison

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Yes, she made a life for herself by perptrating a lie.

Likewise our corrupt system and the war on drugs is/has been perpetrating lies to all of us all along. Good for her if she at least made a life for 32 years of good moments that she would have never had otherwise. Even if they jail her forever they cannot ever take that away, that she will celebrate for the rest of her life no matter where that is.

Like it or not she is a hero to many for her struggles, and beating the crap out of the system and its proponents who are the real evil villains, afraid of the real truth and real justice that they will scorch the earth rather than admit their lies and destruction.

She is not the greedy bastard Kenneth Lay or the sadistic serial killer Ted Bundy, though the inept inflexible system would like to treat her the same. She was a teenager who got caught up in the drug scene and then despite her fall got up a made something of herself, created new life and love.

She beat the devil and the devil's looking for revenge. Plain and simple.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I'm ashamed that you think this woman is a hero and then dare to compare this to Ken Lay? These two things are not related in the slightest and sounds more like a political diatribe on your part. Stick with the story.

She's a hero because she "escaped" and made a better life for herself? So, that's o.k. and it doesn't bother you that her family will now suffer because of her decision since, after all, she has 32 years of good memories. Is it really all about her at this point? Has it been about her these past 32 years? Is there a failure on your part to see how this 32 year old lie could possible ruin 4 other people's lives?

She wasn't going to be locked up forever. And all of the "what if's" concerning the punishment with regards to the severity of the drug charge (do you know exactly why she was in jail, I don't), her crappy lawyer, possibility of parole can't be answered since she "escaped". Do you see where she gave up the ability to shorten her sentence because of this? And then you equate the law with the "devil." Shame on you.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

She's a hero because she "escaped" and made a better life for herself?

(do you know exactly why she was in jail, I don't),

She beat the odds, that's what makes here a hero, just because she made some awful decisions at 19 doesn't disqualify her from that. She is human and riddled with flaws like the rest of us, we are no better and she is no less.

No, I don't have a clue about the details other than what's been written and linked to here. No doubt that could alter all of our views, but I can't comment on what I don't know.

Obviously, you and I see the world from different perspectives and I do understand yours, but I'm able to drop those barriers and see the other side as well and that's the part worth smiling about for a moment even though it lies amongst many negatives. I prefer to see the good.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

She's a hero because she "escaped" and made a better life for herself?

(do you know exactly why she was in jail, I don't),

She beat the odds, that's what makes here a hero, just because she made some awful decisions at 19 doesn't disqualify her from that. She is human and riddled with flaws like the rest of us, we are no better and she is no less.

No, I don't have a clue about the details other than what's been written and linked to here. No doubt that could alter all of our views, but I can't comment on what I don't know.

Obviously, you and I see the world from different perspectives and I do understand yours, but I'm able to drop those barriers and see the other side as well and that's the part worth smiling about for a moment even though it lies amongst many negatives. I prefer to see the good.

So, believing in a rule of law makes me a pessimist? She didn't beat the odds, she merely manipulated her environment for a result favorable to her. And she did this in direct violation of the rule of law that should mean something in this country. Granted, the punishement may not have fit the crime, but those that have been found guilty are not allowed to change the rules. The most she could have done was appeal the decision (especially with a different lawyer).

It seems that this story only seems to solidify the differences that we have. Some believe that the rule of law does have a place. Some believe that it is o.k. to continue to break the law as long as everything works out in the end.

I'm sorry, but I don't see any good in perpetrating a lie to the ones you should love the most for 32 years, knowing full well that that their lives could be forever changed if the truth were revealed.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Those who wish to see this sentence fulfilled are themselves worthless to society as they and their wishes are more of a burden on society and in the end will make the world worse off than before they captured her.

The law states quite clearly what should happen in this instance. If you disagree, perhaps you should work towards getting the laws changed. If you sit back vending your opinion however take no action...your opinion isn't worth much.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
There are many people in prison who are innocent and have to stay there. This woman is now guilty of two crimes the one she was in prison for and now escaping and evading authorities. So sorry for her family but she now has to at least be responsable for at least one crime. After all she is a "law abiding citizen" now, and as such, should take responsibility for her actions. Commander Adama said it best; "Sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things you've done."

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

The law should apply to all people but exceptions are made all the time. Illegal aliens are the best example of breaking the law and getting away with it. A citizen breaks the law and they put then away in prison. You have other people who are pardoned just because they're famous. You have celebrities getting away with murder because they have the money and celebrity status to help them out. So if the law should be applied to her then apply it to every single citizen, illegal aliens, celebrities, politicians etc...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
reply to post by 3vilscript

The law should apply to all people but exceptions are made all the time. Illegal aliens are the best example of breaking the law and getting away with it. A citizen breaks the law and they put then away in prison. You have other people who are pardoned just because they're famous. You have celebrities getting away with murder because they have the money and celebrity status to help them out. So if the law should be applied to her then apply it to every single citizen, illegal aliens, celebrities, politicians etc...

Unfortunately, there isn't a uniform method of applying justice. I don't believe anyone here would deny that. But, this case needs to be looked at on its own. It is categorically unfair to try and lump in all of the other exceptions and, therefore, determine that the same must or should apply in this case. I don't really know why there is such an effort to make this woman into a hero or pretend that the court decision never happened. Is it simply because she found love and had children? Is it because she somehow managed to rise above her circumstances? From outward appearances, it might seem that she did just that. But, in reality, she merely continued a pattern of denial and misdirection with the hope of never being discovered.

And with reagrds to the several other items you mentioned, yes, these need to be addressed. But, as with this situation, they need to be addressed on a case by case basis.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I was just trying to see when she was going to have a hearing and I noticed one thing. She was driving at the time of her arrest. Her drivers license expired in 1999. So she has not been law abiding.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In order to be fair, here is a link with more information about the charges:

Additional information

This site details that the charges were more than just some innocent possession charge:

Was she just an innocent teenager caught up in drugs?

LeFevre's crimes likely caused many and serious ripples in the criminal underworld. he said. A state trooper testified LeFevre was a ringleader of a drug-trafficking operation, Marlan said.
"She had people working for her. She was making a large profit," Marlan said. "She wore nice clothing and rented an apartment. When she was arrested, she had $600 in cash, paraphernalia for cutting heroin, and photographs that proved she was acquainted with people higher up in the Saginaw drug world.

"When she was sentenced to do 10 to 20 years for a person with no prior history... those things don't mesh with someone (who was a small time drug dealer).

"The state police that did the investigation estimated she was making $2,000 a week when she was arrested. That's $104,000 a year. That's good money now, imagine what it was in 1974."

Tales of LeFevre escaping by climbing a prison fence to meet waiting relatives are unsubstantiated, Marlan said.

"Most minimum security facilities (such as the one LeFevre was in) didn't even have fences," Marlan said.

"Her official report listed her as a walk-away. If she scaled any fence it likely would have said something else. Either way, it's an escape."

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When George Jung was arrested after he had been dealing 1000's pounds of weed. He never did that much time. Even when he got busted for coc aine the first time. He didn't do a whole lot of time. These events of George's were kind of on the same time line.

I may be wrong, feel free to correct me in I am.

George Jung the person played in the movie "Blow" starring Johnny Depp

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gauncents
When George Jung was arrested after he had been dealing 1000's pounds of weed. He never did that much time. Even when he got busted for coc aine the first time. He didn't do a whole lot of time. These events of George's were kind of on the same time line.

I may be wrong, feel free to correct me in I am.

George Jung the person played in the movie "Blow" starring Johnny Depp

As I said earlier, I think the sentence was pretty harsh. The additional information presents a different picture than what the media would want us to believe.

I did see something where they had the statue she broke. When I researched this, the statue has now been repealed. I don't know what replaced it, but the new statues could help her.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Does or can anyone get the written law for that area and time period?

I'll be looking as well but for right now, I have children to take to school and go to work.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by asthepalacesburn

well pointed !!! what about when same so called drug-trafficking crime is commited in one of those countries internationally recognized as ''drug traffick country''...what about when there's no proper trial ...no defense..no translator if foreigner no language speaker...JUST SENTENCED...sent to a prison along with murders where one's life is purely LOTERY...what about this DEATH SENTECED as one's name is mercyless spoiled on internet site for as long as internet will exist giving one NO CHANCE for that suposed reahibilitiation as every time present on a job interview your name is found on a simple google search service...after several years of serving this sentence if still alive escape with hope of a new trial even so what for??? name is already death sentenced by being posted on such easy accessable as internet is nowadays...what about CHILDREN's FUTURE of those whom's name is exposed likewise..what about CIRCUMSTANCES leaded to take place this so called crime of drug traffick...CLOSED CIRCLE...what about CIGARRETTS & ALCHOOL, both killing of CANCER...what about PAEDOPHILLIUS in our Catholic Church between priests who teaches LOVE through words and CRIME through acts...what about NO ATTITUDE of any so called Jesus followers who dares to ask and not give even worst to JUDGE and not forgive...JUST THOUGHTS

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join