It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sent men and women to war.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If I am an American citizen then I sent men and women to war. Its my responsibility to understand where I sent these young people and to take my share of the responsibility for what has happened and is happening to them. I can not turn away from them when they tell their stories or when they ask for help. I will watch this public television event and I will pay attention because the people I sent to war have something to say.

SativarچravitaS
אברא כדברא

Meet the Men of Bad Voodoo

[edit: fixed link]

[edit on 1-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I fear I must disagree with your premise.

Are all Chinese responsible for the horrendous examples of brutality their government brought upon innocents? Are all former USSR citizens responsible for the nuclear proliferation their former country caused during its demise?

A people cannot be confused with a government that does not bow to the will of the people. Rogue governments are responsible for their own actions. To assign that responsibility to those who have been fooled or forced into complacence is to deny the responsibility to those who actually gave the orders.

I understand your anger is directed toward America in general, but your logic leads only to war and terror.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

The facts are a Government is Elected by a people, to represent a people and a nation. Thereofre, the acts of a government are reflected on a people. A people puts its government in to act for it, and in doing so, your president takes a oath to its people and its nation. He swears to act in the better interest of its people and his acts will reflect the wish of his people.

So, does that not mean that the act of a govenment in an act of its people?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I disagree with your statement. I am an American citizen and I did NOT send anyone to war. The government is only a reflection of the people who actually voted them into office. If I didn't vote for you and you still won then I am not being represented by my choice. Until I sign a document or place someone on a boat or plane with a "good luck over there" I have sent no one to war.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wow23

Your premise is only true if the leaders reflect the will of the people. If they do not, whether through deception or downright refusal to abide by their wishes, then the government is not a reflection of the people.

If you want me to accept the responsibility that belongs to George Bush, you should also expect me to share in the advantages he has. So far I have not done so.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well I guess there is no notification system here and some one did reply to this. Sorry I didn't get back to you.

Any way, Fine if you can not see how my citizenship and my obligation are connected don't watch the stuff that go's with it. I was only in the Air Force so I didn't even get my hands dirty. I did pledge an oath that kinda has me thinking I should care about some folks who can't turn their backs on darkness or put down their guns.

Angry at America? How about Inhumanity in general. Today I am a bit unhappy with the good folks in charge of the Union of Myanmar. their little mess makes Katrina look like a school fire drill.

Oh never mind....

top topics

join