It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Lets face it, The" Passion of Christ " is a slasher film
for people who would NEVER be caught dead at a
slasher movie. Oh, it's about christ honey, we can
sit through 10 minuites of flogging with blood , bone
and flesh flying everywhere. It's for a good cause.
Let's face it the story has been worn out.
Nothing original here. Just an excuse to wallow in
gore and violence.
story.news.yahoo.com.../ibsys/20040226/lo_kmbc/2024585

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fortean
gore and violence.

Hey! It's the American way!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fortean
Lets face it, The" Passion of Christ " is a slasher film
for people who would NEVER be caught dead at a
slasher movie. Oh, it's about christ honey, we can
sit through 10 minuites of flogging with blood , bone
and flesh flying everywhere. It's for a good cause.
Let's face it the story has been worn out.
gore and violence.
story.news.yahoo.com.../ibsys/20040226/lo_kmbc/2024585

Have you actually seen it?
Just curious if this is speculation or opinion.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
No, but I've read alot of reviews.
Plus I know several people who've seen it.
They sort of describe it as having your fingernails
torn off. slowly.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
you know what, I've been thinking the same thing. if only the Jesus movie is cheesy enough to be funny. then I'd consider seeing it. somehow watching c-list celebrities being shredded to bits is a whole lot more fun than seeing it happen to Jesus. (weird, isn't it? maybe I have more religious issues than I thought.)

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't know how so many people can get their panties in a bunch over a movie. It's just a movie. I am going to see it just to piss people off.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I don't know how so many people can get their panties in a bunch over a movie. It's just a movie. I am going to see it just to piss people off.

Well, Jonna, not everyone here wears panties! I am more partial to boxers myself...

But anyhoo, it is just a movie! Does it have a "message" or a deeper "meaning"? Well, does the Bible? Does anything? Sure why not, but arguing over a guy that no one even knows existed is rather silly...

Maybe the argument is really about the ideal of Jesus, what he WOULD have been if he did exist (which we do not know at all). In which case, the argument takes on a whole new level, and it's now officially funny!

If he hypothetically DID exist, and said all the things that they say that he said, WHAT did he mean? What would he have looked like?

So the argument isn't literal, it's hypothetical!

Besides, if someone like that DID exist and decided to "return" one day, you can bet your ass his real name was not Jesus Christ.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
To critique this as a movie, and not as a religious event, the beatings get boring and draw the movie out too long. Everytime he falls down it is in slow motion. And the carrying of the cross was just too long and boring for me. Now that may be the truth of how the events took place, but as a movie it loses its pacing.

The jews were at times portrayed a little over the top at times (ugly, crazy opened mouth laughs like in some psycho circus), but I wouldn't say they were demonized or anti-semitic. Jim Caveizel (spelling?) did a wonderful job. I like how this wasn't done in English. I like the playful Jesus splashing of water.

As a commentary at the end, I would of shown how the Vatican failed to protect the Jews during WWII and the blood bath of the Spanish Inquisition. Yet, I would of shown the mutual respect that has grown between the two religions and the apologies of the Pope for past Christian failures. To me a Christian doesn't just believe in Jesus, he follows his practices and his teachings...some use Jesus as a "get out of jail free card" to forgive their wrong doings while never really changing their destructive ways.

Movie gets a B...a little too long and I would of wished for a little more "inspirational" Jesus instead of the downer kind of Jesus. His teachings are more important than his suffering to me...though the movie is mainly about his sacrificial suffering to prove his points.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Boogie]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What's the deal with religion nowadays?

Everybody thinks that they know exactly what happened 2000 years ago. I've said it once, I'll say it again. Jesus was just a dude with good PR.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I thought the carrying of the cross was drawn out too long, as well. Also, it was very unrealistic, IMO. I don't think he would have been able to carry the cross as long as he did, along with the continual whipping on his back throughout.

The torture scene was... disturbing. Especially when they first began. I don't think they needed to go on so long as they did to get the point across. I didn't have a problem with the gore, but I kept wondering when it was going to be finished, because it, too, seemed too long.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

THANK YOU! this is what ive said from the start...its a freggin movie. or "film" if one has seen it and placed it into the artistic (instead of entertainment) category.

and fortean- i love th epost
i saw the title and fell out of my chair from laughing so hard!

you put a title and words to my feelings....its just a bunch of people beating somebody up.

THIA MAN IS NOT JESUS! it would be more believable if the actor would bust out with arnold schwarzenegger muscles and say "haha! your mortal weapons cannot hurt me! I am god!"

but thats just me.

and why is it so disturbing? yeah yeah yeah maybe if i say that ill be hit with the big "youre trying to censor art!" sticker, but this is besides the fact. jeeeeeez its no wonder people are CRYING their eyes out...its horrible!

and youre right fotean, this is a slasher movie for people who would never go see a slasher movie. thats a wonderful saying...i love it!

What's the deal with religion nowadays?

Everybody thinks that they know exactly what happened 2000 years ago. I've said it once, I'll say it again. Jesus was just a dude with good PR.

12...I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!!!!

jesus was a dude with some good ideas.

dont get me wrong, im all for artistic vision and such, jeeez i aspire to be a freggin 60 second novelist...but i wanna know...artistic vision for profit? who is recieving the proceeds from this film? buddy mel and the movie guys? or is this for a church?

well everyone thats posted i agree with, yall are great

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Never thought Mel had it in him to be an anti-christ. But then again the Jesuit order is pretty capable. Now if we can just get Arnold in office by 2008 we can end this thing with a bang. Oh and we could use some global super storms to go with our global warming and maybe a comet or 3.

But all seriousness aside I'm going to get me a big bottle of Jesus juice to go in my new official Jesus coffee mug.

*Proud sponsor of Jesus Inc.*

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Luckily, a major amendment to the constitution would be necessary to get Arnold elected, and in post 911 America, that simply won't happen.....

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Luckily, a major amendment to the constitution would be necessary to get Arnold elected, and in post 911 America, that simply won't happen.....

Well even though this is from rense.com (still haven't made up my mind about that site)
Senator Hatch wants to do just that.

www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
And Arnold mentioned it in an interview on national TV. Prepping the collective mind.

Gazrok,
I hope you're right but if they want it to happen, it will.

An alien for president ain't so bad

Lift the Bar

MR. RUSSERT: Here in Washington, Senator Hatch has introduced S.J. Resolution 15, and I'll put it on the board: "Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to make eligible for the Office of President a person who has been a United States citizen for 20 years." How long have you been a citizen?

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER: Since 1983, so it's more than 20 years.

MR. RUSSERT: So you're interested in this legislation.

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER: Man, I should look at that because it sounds really good. I mean, are you going to help me? Come on, Tim. Come on.

MR. RUSSERT: Well, actually, about 10 years ago a friend of yours named Mr. Sly Stallone had a premonition in a movie called "Demolition Man." Let's watch this.

(Videotape, "Demolition Man" courtesy of Warner Bros.)

MR. RUSSERT: If you could, under the Constitution, run for president, would you?

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER: Boy, if Sly would help me, I mean, of course I would. I have no idea. I haven't thought about that at all. I'll tell you that I'm so busy with our state. You know, California is a big state and a very complicated state. Right now I concentrate just on that to make sure that Prop. 57 and 58 passes, solve the problems as I've promised to resolve--our fiscal house, get that in order, get all the jobs back, make sure that we protect our environment. Those are the kind of issues--and to deal with our undocumented immigrants and those issues. So there's a lot of work ahead of me, so that's what I'm concentrating on.

MR. RUSSERT: But if someone's been a citizen for 20 years, they should have the right to run for president, don't you think?

GOV. SCHWARZENEGGER: Oh, absolutely. I think that, you know, times have changed. I think this is now a much more global economy. I think that there's so many people here in this country that are now from overseas, that are immigrants, that are doing such a terrific job with the work, bringing businesses here and all this, that there's no reason why not. I mean, the key thing is it's just that you understand the political system, how it works. And, you know, maybe people can be great contributors. I mean, look at the kind of contribution that people like Henry Kissinger has made; Madeleine Albright. I mean, there's many, many, many people here that have worked within the government and have done an extraordinary job and not have been born in America.

Link

Edit: Whenever you want to verify a Rense article just go to news.google.com and type in some key words. For instance... Schwarzenegger Senator Hatch

Rense is basically just another Art Bell. He provides the forum. And there are kooks in the forum. But there are also intelligent rational people that can see what is going on. So don't take Rense as an all encompassing negative or positive. Use it only as a source for stories you may not see on the front page.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
People have endured far worse tortures than Jesus did. Though you don't see people in a hurry to make a movie about them now do you.

Compared to the things humans have thought of, Jesus should feel lucky he only got flogged and crucified...

top topics

join