It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Chinese Nuclear Sub Base revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The Telegraph (UK) has just revealed that China has build a secret submarine base at a deepwater harbor on the South China Sea.

China has secretly built a major underground nuclear submarine base that could threaten Asian countries and challenge American power in the region, it can be disclosed.

Of even greater concern to the Pentagon are massive tunnel entrances, estimated to be 60ft high, built into hillsides around the base. Sources fear they could lead to caverns capable of hiding up to 20 nuclear submarines from spy satellites.

The US Department of Defence has estimated that China will have five 094 nuclear submarines operational by 2010 with each capable of carrying 12 JL-2 nuclear missiles.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Its been known since 2002. But the satellite image is new. Good finding.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
When the Chinese can actually field all these new boats full time and train and drill at sea on operations then Ill worry. The Chinese dont train, drill or even go out on patrol in these boats most of the year. They just sit there and make western spec ops really hungry...

This fact can be looked up on Janes and Strategy Page....why dont I post a link? Cause if I was any more computer illiterate Id be using my cheap Romanian AK clone to turn my computer off thats why.,..

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Its been known since 2002. But the satellite image is new. Good finding.

And the info is very new.

Indian Reaction: www.indianexpress.com...

top topics

join