It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto 4 - hidden messages?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by allMIGHTY

You do realize its just mochery.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shiman

I think Satire would be the best way to decribe it. Some of it is brilliant satire, but no one would ever dare say that about a video game. They havn't been elevated to Art, yet.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Game is amazing, everything has been re vamped and it's so fun and takes a while to master. Haven't watched much TV, been doing the missions and building reps. I did hear something funny though, I crashed my car and flew threw the windscreen, just landing in front of a group of tramps. They were saying how the reptilian aliens are spreading negativity and trying to takeover the world, found it weirdly funny.

thanks. EMM

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have the game and I have all of the GTA games. I think they are genius. The hidden messages since GTA 3 and have been in Vice City, San Andreas with the paranoid hippie and Area 51 and it is in GTA 4. I first noticed it when I went into the internet cafe and was browsing on one of the computers. I saw ton's of site's with stuff talked about on ATS. When I first noticed it and thought it to be really odd. I also think the game is worth the money. I give it a 100/10 (AN ABSOLUTE PERFECTION).

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd7000
I have the game and I have all of the GTA games. I think they are genius. The hidden messages since GTA 3 and have been in Vice City, San Andreas with the paranoid hippie and Area 51 and it is in GTA 4. I first noticed it when I went into the internet cafe and was browsing on one of the computers. I saw ton's of site's with stuff talked about on ATS. When I first noticed it and thought it to be really odd. I also think the game is worth the money. I give it a 100/10 (AN ABSOLUTE PERFECTION).

Hey sd, I only have a ps2 right now. I try to stay at least one generation of console systems behind, in order to save money.

I haven't played ANY of the GTA games.

Can you or any other members for that matter reccomend which game I should get first?

I know the obvious answer would be to get the first one that came out for PS2 and then play them all, but it's not really a genre I see myself playing all the games.

So again of all the GTA title for ps2 which one would you reccomend I get, like which one is the most entertaining, has the most depth, (don't worry about replayability, I'm a beat the game once, never play them again type of guy)and encompesses the most of the feel of the series on it's own.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If the government had anything to do with you why would they have them things in it? Thats a bit stupid to think lol its got to be the other way around don't you think? Why would the government have things in the game for propaganda that mentions them manipulative food...and other corrupt ideas? If anything RockStar the makers of GTA wanted to put it out to the public there for had a high budget to do so which they probably would make it all back anyhow if not doubled.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by allMIGHTY

i think its most likely to washover everything to make conspiracy theorists seem more nutty and not make anything credible after all games are fun, so why not have fun with that and not make it seem so serious

just my 2 cents

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

I could possibly believe that. I does seem as if they are poking fun at the subject especially in GTA: San Andreas.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Even in GTA SA you can heard this kind of message on the radio, there is also the paranoid hippy who speak about i don't remember which device, and there is also a mission in the zone 69 and you have the steal a green stuff which is an military experiment, i think it's to given to the 'govrnment' in the game a hint of reality, the power they over us, the secret experiment etc....... The real U.S.A.!

A bit off topic, but i've found a hidden message in Amercia's army, what is not very surprising, it say "JOIN USAF" here is the pic ( the map is CSAR )

[edit on 2-5-2008 by ufopunx]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

GTA III was the first available for the PS2. The graphics have not aged well and the game lacks alot of polish. GTA Vice City came out a year and a half later and was extremely improved over III. I'd actually start with that game. San Andreas is so good that I can't see a person who starts with that game going backwards and trying one of the previous ones. So I'd get that one after finishing Vice City.

GTA IV: Best of the series, hands down. Don't know what the radio stations chatter about because I play with a custom heavy metal soundtrack off my Zune for most 360 games. I might have to try the game with the packed in music & talk radio this weekend to see if I can catch some of what everyone's posted about, though. I'm lagging behind in actual missions right now. I put my cell on sleep mode and spent several hours just slaughtering pedestrians & cops last night. Good fun.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What if the guys over at Rockstar(the developer) are actually spreading a message to the American youth? All these references in this game are bound to make some of the probably 20 million gamers that will buy this game, think about the real life situation.
They have a very big audience, what better way to criticise a government, than a satire hidden in a game.
Not to say that's why they made the game but it sure is a nice bonus, a way to express their world views.
And Rockstar has always been a pretty rebellious company I think.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This game is very disturbing imho.....it has a R18 censor rating in my county of New Zealand, i went out and got it yesterday i really enjoy the adventure and discovery side, but not the killing and fighting, i watched the tv and saw the SPACE REPUBLICAN RANGERS and thought OMG!!! this is just like the US Marines going into a country and shooting to kill no questions asked style.....
IS THIS GAME CREATED TO DUMB OUR GAMERS DOWN EVEN MORE THROUGH THESE MIND CONTROL SUBLIMINAL IN GAME MESSAGES??? or IS IT TO INFORM US WHATS REALLY GOING ON IN THE WORLD AND TO WAKE UP???

[edit on 2/5/08 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The hidden messages are just for humor. They do it with all their video games. Started off small, but in a game this large theres so many hidden messages you'll never see them all. Neat, creative hidden messages which often are sexually portrayed. Makes me laugh everytime i find one. They aren't trying to brainwash you or speak 9/11 truths, just want to make a crazy video game with many crazy personalities.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit_earth

Or maybe, just an idea I'm tossing against the wall here, maybe the game was created to make money for Rockstar and entertain gamers? Crazy thought, I know.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Republican Space Rangers! Shoot first, ask questions NEVER!

The level of detail in this new game is absolutely astounding! Nola, I would probably recommend you start with San Andreas, great game.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

thank you very much for your input, and explination. Sounds like that is the way to go. So Vice City, and then SA if I wanna play another GTA game.

Sounds like a plan, thanks again.

Just finishing up Silent Hill 2 right now, and then I'll probablly go for GTA: VC, or maybe play Resident Evil 4, which has been sitting here for a month or so, I haven't touched it yet. I'm a huge fan of the series, I just haven't been in the mood to start playing it, especially while I'm playing Silent Hill 2, since they are the same genre of game, I'd get confused if I tried playing them both at the same time heh.

Also Nice find there ufopunx that definitely looks like "Join USAF" to me.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Nola213]

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Nola213]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Maybe the people who use ATS are *gasp* "nerds", and the people who program videogames are *gasp* "nerds" and only "nerds" know about or care about such issues. Maybe a large percentage of those who play videogames, even casual gamers' games like GTA are "nerds." Problem solved.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by free_spirit_earth

Or maybe, just an idea I'm tossing against the wall here, maybe the game was created to make money for Rockstar and entertain gamers? Crazy thought, I know.

I think free_spirit_earth is getting on the right track... (as a add-on) To get gamers entertained on mindless entertainment does hit the spot. If the game consists of large amounts of action and violence, people will buy into it. Yeah of course they are also in it for the money. Why? Well because, it gives them money to make and distribute other violent games as this one. Which even more adults, even children are getting hooked onto, and focus less on "other" things such as education.

People should honestly wake up, and contribute a small amount of love for this Earth rather than contributing love for their games. It okay to play a bit but not a lot.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Actually the only love I contribute goes towards my God, my family, and my country, thank you. It just so happens I enjoy playing video games, as do a number of other people it would seem. Considering I work/comute to work 11 hours a day in a very brain power intensive field, come home and spend a couple of hours playing with and reading to my children, and spend another couple of hours of quality time with my wife before she goes to bed, I think the hours of 10 PM to 1 or 2 AM when I finally go to bed myself are some well deserved mindless time for me. Whether I spend that time online, playing a game, watching one of the 3 or 4 television shows I TIVO, watching a movie, or reading a book the entire point is I'm doing something that's intended to relax, not add more information to an already overcrowded mind. I already have my education, so that's a non-issue as well.

Seriously dude, you sound like my dad.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I know in the last GTA you could find (if you searched hard enough) bigfoot ufo's and the such, so maybe we just have some opened minded game creators. I cant wait to get this game

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join