It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto 4 - hidden messages?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hi ATS!!!

I´ve just purchased Grand Theft Auto 4 and i have to say, its the most amazing and biggest game i´ve ever played!!! With an estimated production budget of 100 mio $ its also the most expensive game ever.

When you drive around with your car and switch trough the radio channels there are all kind of strange radio news and stories. Also when you watch TV in your virtual room, there is an comedian who is talking about all the stuff we´re talking about here. It goes from drugs in the water to war on terrorism, stephen hawking, a-bomb, CIA, food manipulation, the american dream and population reduction etc etc.

The makers of the game knew that this game will be an absolute blockbuster game. So why they are mostly talking about all this stuff in this game???

It is very interesting to listen to those stories in that game.

Is anyone here playing this awesome game? Can somebody here gives his opinion to that?

With that huge production budget i wonder if the government has its fingers in there or people who try to blame the general situation in the US or the government? Its really like propaganda, because you have to listen to it so much in that game in my opinion.

Maybe there are really hidden messages?

I think its worth it to have a look at that game.

I´m not sure yet, but i think the GTA radio is also available online for everybody to listen. I´ll have a look and i will post the link.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by allMIGHTY]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Got this game myself. Its a very good game interms of technological advancement bla bla bla but i can see how some people can criticse it for its morals and values. I enjoy it however and being an adult can enjoy it and not worry about consequences as i know right from wrong, what im saying is that i will not reenact any of the game!!!!!

I have not really listened to these hidden messages, i turned the radio off it was so damn loud ha ha. I will definately have a look though see what its all about.

Whats everyones elses views?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yeah, cool! Turn it on man!
Its really cool, and try to watch the TV in your hidden room where you can save the game.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I dunno about secret messages, but im goona have a go of it now haha
If i do here anything werird ill let ya know.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I try to find out, if there are hidden messages, because they are talking a lot of
all this stuff in this game.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
the previous games have had similar anti establishment messages on the radio, san andreas is piss funny, im obsessed with the games because of that sort of humour but i cant afford the new one yet. i suppose ill have to go sell a kidney.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I see what you mean about messages, a lot of messages about goverment etc.

Did you see that cartoon on tv, these army people going to other planets and blowing stuff up. That's making fun of the american army going to other countries messing things up lol.

Oh and I don't really think it's hidden, there are a lot of funny messages about life in general and it's pretty in your face if you listen carefully haha. I love GTA humour.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think its safe to say that these messages you are describing are very popular at the moment. The world is currently full of 'end of the world' and 'big brother' etc conversations... amongs friends, family, co workers etc, the world is literally overflowing with these topics no matter where one goes or who one speaks with.

Therefore, it would be wise of them from both a merketing point of view and for entertainment purposes to include such within their game. And, dont forget that most of the programmers are in their 20's and 30's. The same demographic that these topics are most readily discussed among.

It makes sense. Therefore, I highly doubt if there is any sort of conspiracy involved.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Past GTA games the radio has talked about UFOs and other government conspiracys. Nothing new for the series.

The stuff on the tv in the new one is pretty hilarious.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I wonder if any of the game designers ever visit ATS?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have to get this game after reading the ridiculous reviews on it. Is it possible they gave Alex Jones a channel? Does it sound like him?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I believe it would definately bring some more of that negative energy into this world than it has already. The message given should be clear as glass. Just look at what the GTA game consists of. Distraction after distraction. Mindless entertainment.

We are certainly more intuned with the more bad things than the good things. I could imagine that GTA reflects that, just like the other games that were created.

This is probably by far the best example of how terrible it is.
www.xbox.com...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
there's a hidden message in the GTA: IV internets!

iFruit from tuaw.com

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
or maybee the content is just the editorializing / opinion of the developers - and that thier interests are

if you have to fill a game with ` content ` what is the easiest way - resaech random stuff - and put that in - or just use your interests and hobbies to pack it out

and top it of with your views on current events , the media etc etc etc

sometimes ` filler fluff ` is just ` filler fluff `

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
there's a hidden message in the GTA: IV internets!

iFruit from tuaw.com

Thats cool!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I dont know about hidden messages.

I got the game the day it came out. It has plenty of easter eggs and humor. Its a Satire of NYC and alot of American culture.

It has frequent satirical references to the Patriot Act, the War on Terror, Illegal Immigration, the Dept of Homeland Security, Police brutality, Terrorism, American television, talk radio, the Internet, The Fox News Channel, The Fox Network, the tv show "24" and so much more.

One of the scariest things is how they managed to get gas prices at the same level they are right now. Its like almost $3.90 for gas in the game, thankfully you dont have to actually buy any. It would of been cool if they did make you buy gas though.

The game is definitely for adults only, it has profanity at levels that remind me of being on Active Duty in the army. Some of the humor is pretty dark.

Its really no more violent than Halo 3 though, probably even less violent.
Most of the time you spend riding around in Cabs, driving, talking to people, building relationships with associates through activities like pool, darts, bowling, drinking, dining, and even going to comedy clubs.

I should also mention the character you play is a Serbian who fought in the Balkans, witnessed terrible atrocities and ends up being taken in by the Russian mafia.

So I dont think there is any real hidden message. Its pretty overt in its portrayal of a Police State and how organized crime operates.

[edit on 2/5/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
here it is, the (beating) heart of Liberty City.

If you fly a chopper towards the Statue of Happiness and bail near the top level, you can enter the statue, climb a ladder and find a beating heart churning away. It's chained up and emitting an eerie hum too, giving it a macabre Hellraiser feel. Fire a rocket up there and you'll bag a pigeon.

Heartbeat of Liberty City

Can one of you guys try to find this heart? I don't really play GTA:IV for personal reasons which are somewhat related to the eventual preservation of my own sanity.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
here it is, the (beating) heart of Liberty City.

If you fly a chopper towards the Statue of Happiness and bail near the top level, you can enter the statue, climb a ladder and find a beating heart churning away. It's chained up and emitting an eerie hum too, giving it a macabre Hellraiser feel. Fire a rocket up there and you'll bag a pigeon.

Thats really interesting! I´ll try to get to this heart, when a chopper is available for me in the game.

Thanks for the replies!

I´m pretty sure that there is much more hidden stuff in that game.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I was thinking about starting a post about GTA4 myself. The game is full of references to American society and especially shady politics, the war on terror and the becoming of a fascist state.
The politics related things you hear on the radio channels in the game, are hilarious.
This is video I'd like to share it's so great:

www.gametrailers.com...

[edit on 2/5/08 by enigmania]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Got my curiosity raised. Might have to buy it.

Was wondering why the company that owns this
was so aggressively trying to be taken over.

Wonder if the powerful elitists, didn't want this
game out there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join